Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
Oh, hi goons.

A week or 2 ago I went to see a screening of The Room at the Cinema Nova in Carlton.

For those of you who don't know, The Room is a 2003 film which was produced, directed and starred the enigmatic Tommy Wiseau. It's a film about a man, his girlfriend and his best friend.

The Room has a cult following, and you can go watch it in cinemas around the world. Its an interactive experience - at Cinema Nova they hand you a flyer to prepare you on what to expect - things like throwing spoons at the screen (which they supply) and saying "hi" to characters when they enter the room.

In preparing to go see The Room I bought this dress from the internet, in order to dress up like the female protagonist of the film, Lisa - only to find out on arrival I was the only person who dressed up. Sucks to be everyone else I guess.

Other than watching in cinemas its hard to get, at least in Australia. You can find it on YouTube sometimes but YouTube versions usually don't include sex scenes.

Anyway, you should watch The Room. Its very bad but also charming. It's very entertaining. It's spawned many memes, and to this day, it's parodied on these dead, gay comedy forums.

If there is a screening of The Room near you, you should go. If not, watch it on YouTube or get the dvd or whatever. Either way you should watch it and then come talk about it itt.

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

every guy dreams of having a group of friends they can stand on the roof with and play catch in formal evening wear

Chewbecca

FutonForensic posted:

every guy dreams of having a group of friends they can stand on the roof with and play catch in formal evening wear

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

baka of lathspell

i just remember the scene when the stoner sparks up & immediately gets mad

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Stoner Sloth

baka fwocka fwame posted:

the old reefer madness

Chewbecca

Yeah that escalates quickly lol

Chewbecca

Stoner Sloth posted:

the old reefer madness

Oh hi Stoner Sloth!

Chewbecca

Lot of great merchandise available at the room movie store dot com

Good sales too

Is there anything Tommy can't do??

Chewbecca

Say what you will, the man knows what the punters want

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

Oh hi Stoner Sloth!

oh hey Chewby, what's up?

Chewbecca

Stoner Sloth posted:

oh hey Chewby, what's up?

<yelling from the back of the theatre> close the door!!

Stoner Sloth

hope you had a fun time at the screening!

we showed it awhile ago in discord but we'll have to do it again some time cause it's definitely a fun one to watch with pals!

Chewbecca

I actually was close to the front and therefore showered with spoons quite regularly lol

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

I actually was close to the front and therefore showered with spoons quite regularly lol

lmao best place to be to be part of the experience

Chewbecca

The Disaster Artist is a 2017 film which depicts the events outlined in the Greg Sestero's memoir of the same name.

Its a star studded cast, with James Franco playing Tommy Wiseau

Stoner Sloth

Chewbecca posted:

The Disaster Artist is a 2017 film which depicts the events outlined in the Greg Sestero's memoir of the same name.

Its a star studded cast, with James Franco playing Tommy Wiseau

i never got around to seeing that, we should add that one to the watch list too

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Evrybody betray meee, I fed up with this wurrlddd

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Hi doggy

Chewbecca

You're my favourite customer

baka of lathspell

is tommy wiseau related to jacques cousteau or no relation

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

baka of lathspell

it’s funny if you think about it I assume the first wiseaus were known for their wisdom

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

it’s funny if you think about it I assume the first wiseaus were known for their wisdom

wizz eau = pee water

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Khanstant
worst part of the movie is there are no rooms at all

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Khanstant posted:

it's a bit like the story of our lord baby jesus if you think about it

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Shifty Nipples

I've not actually seen The Room, I worry I would be overcome with second hand embarrassment. But maybe not? idk

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Shifty Nipples

Dr. Honked posted:

wizz eau = pee water

Eau de toilette

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Chewbecca

Shifty Nipples posted:

I've not actually seen The Room, I worry I would be overcome with second hand embarrassment. But maybe not? idk

Goon pls go watch, at minimum, the 'clean' version in the op and then report back

You'll like it, I promise :getin:

Chewbecca

Shifty Nipples posted:

Eau de toilette

Anyway, how's your sex life?

Shifty Nipples

Chewbecca posted:

Anyway, how's your sex life?

in de toilette :haw:

Chewbecca

Khanstant posted:

You're tearing me apart, khanstant!

Khanstant
the football is actually an old school special effect. they had about a hundred different models of footballs cut out at different angles, so that to the camera it always looks like a real whole football. any scene with the football in it is filmed in stop-motion, and they swap out the football anytime the camera moves or the "ball" is tossed around. it was a pretty common indie filmaking trick back in the days before cheap CGI, little extra work for the scenes but save a ton by not having to buy a football and at least 2 backups like a multimillion big budget movie could afford to do.

Heather Papps

hello friend

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

also my meatspace name features prominently in this film and makes watching it extra funny i will not elaborate

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Chewbecca

Heather Papps posted:

also my meatspace name features prominently in this film and makes watching it extra funny i will not elaborate

Johnny is my best friend!

Chewbecca

(Repeated 69 times)

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
What does Jason Cummings, the famous Australian footballer think of the The Room I wonder?

Twenty Four

The Room came out in 2003? That means it was only several years after it came out that I first saw it, and if you had asked me now without trying to do any real fact checking, I probably would have guessed it came out in the early nineties or earlier, it just had that feel.

idiotsavant

Chewbecca

She's a stupid bitch. She wants to control my life. I'm not going to put up with that. I'm going to do what I want to do, and that's it. What do you think I should do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Twenty Four posted:

The Room came out in 2003? That means it was only several years after it came out that I first saw it, and if you had asked me now without trying to do any real fact checking, I probably would have guessed it came out in the early nineties or earlier, it just had that feel.

I feel like Johnny especially has a strong 90s energy, prob the cargo pants

That being said, time is a flat circle so