Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I didn't know Brandon Staley and Dan Quinn were one and the same.

When the Jags were driving down 27-0, I said to myself that they had to score a TD here to have any chance. I really didn't think that TD meant anything, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

hi i was busy today and missed all the football but on briefly catching up:

duval bintch

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Seems familiar somehow

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1614487060571906049

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

as I said in the GDT, Doug Peterson's resemblance to the seagull from The Little Mermaid is tripping me out just a little bit. Still that was quite the 2nd half to tune in to and I hope tomorrow's games can attempt to match that.

The Seahawks just made me sad.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1614480369310650370?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

honestly the jags loving own and doug pederson owns.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Tim Whatley posted:

The chad Doug Pederson declining that penalty and daring the Chargers to go for it vs the virgin Brandon Staley going for a FG on 4th and 2 that misses anyways

god bless Doug. good coaches can really impact a game with a few key decisions. Chargers are gonna have Payton next year it'll turn around, if the Eagles could do it yall definitely can

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

indigi posted:

god bless Doug. good coaches can really impact a game with a few key decisions. Chargers are gonna have Payton next year it'll turn around, if the Eagles could do it yall definitely can

they will not

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
To further curse the Chargers, Peyton will go to the Broncos and revive Russ' career

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

a neat cape posted:

they will not

you think they still keep Staley after this? I hope Jerbert is already on the phone with his agent

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

indigi posted:

you think they still keep Staley after this? I hope Jerbert is already on the phone with his agent

If they don't re-up the GM Tom Telesco, there's a shot they go ahead and dump Staley with him and start over with coaching staff, especially if Payton is serious about wanting to coach the Chargers. I mean, this is assuming they're smart and can see this is as good as it gets with Staley.

That all said, never assume the Chargers are smart.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

indigi posted:

If they move on from Staley, they'll just hire some other first time coordinator

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Relocate the Chargers to Fresno as punishment. Or even... California City.

Desert springs imo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a neat cape posted:

Correct.

If only they just did a QB sneak on that 3rd and inches instead of trying some stupid end around with a practice squad WR who fumbled and we had to punt

If only Herbert didn't airmail a wide open Keenan Allen on 3rd and Goal in the back of the endzone in the 2nd quarter.

if only Dicker didn't miss a kick he's made all year

If only Bosa wasn't a gigantic child

Someone has to win, someone has to lose, but I'm sorry this poo poo happened to you tonight

Goddamn.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1614491341513281536 this guy gets on my nerves but I don't see how he's wrong here

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

solarjetman posted:

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1614491341513281536 this guy gets on my nerves but I don't see how he's wrong here

The more I watch this sport the more I realise these gigantic lunks out there know way more than I do about how football works

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
This game was reminiscent of the Browns Steelers game in 2021, where the Browns had everything go their way in the first half. The difference is that THE BROWNS were able to not blow it. Lmao, Chargers.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Tony Khan gonna go party a couple hundred feet away from the stadium with Kenny Omega and the Bucks.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

The more I watch this sport the more I realise these gigantic lunks out there know way more than I do about how football works

I'ma recommend a YouTube channel for learning more about how all these crazy assignments and schemes work. Johnnydel's Football Academy does an excellent job of explaining offensive concepts and how defensive responsibilites evolve with pre-snap motion. And why you'd move a player from one side to the other in the first place. It's some of the very best Xs and Os breakdown that I've seen. He is a 49ers homer, so to be fair I'll link his analysis of our last loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNCRzxSUP0w

e. LMAO that segue into the sponsorship bit.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Jan 15, 2023

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://twitter.com/Trevorlawrencee/status/1614513102627774464

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Holy gently caress

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
After the 2nd Lawrence interception I turned off the TV as I had a friend's birthday party to go to with the ulterior motive that I found out that in the "attending" list was a really cute friend of his that I met at his last party over the summer. When I arrived at my friend's place I discovered that woman was there with another guy.

I'm sure somebody more clever than me can make some joke that can correlate this experience with finding out the final score of the Chargers/Jaguars game when I left the party.

Aside from the "You're the joke" lines

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

I like Trevor Lawrence

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Justin Herbert must not follow the path of Philip Rivers and have his soul ripped out of his body repeatedly in the playoffs by way of Comedy Chargers Bullshit™.

Dude needs to get off the Chargers after next season. Go literally anywhere else. But he's got to get the hell out of there before his psyche is shattered forever.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I would never.

You're the joke.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That was my first time watching a game in a sports book and boy was that a fun experience.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

they really have one of hte best social media teams. a lot of people have talked about how their social media team is cool

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a neat cape posted:

Correct.

If only they just did a QB sneak on that 3rd and inches instead of trying some stupid end around with a practice squad WR who fumbled and we had to punt

If only Herbert didn't airmail a wide open Keenan Allen on 3rd and Goal in the back of the endzone in the 2nd quarter.

if only Dicker didn't miss a kick he's made all year

If only Bosa wasn't a gigantic child

a collapse like that takes a village. you really need a bunch of poo poo to go wrong. i'm always reminded of this achewood bit whenver this poo poo comes up

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Android Apocalypse posted:

After the 2nd Lawrence interception I turned off the TV as I had a friend's birthday party to go to with the ulterior motive that I found out that in the "attending" list was a really cute friend of his that I met at his last party over the summer. When I arrived at my friend's place I discovered that woman was there with another guy.

I'm sure somebody more clever than me can make some joke that can correlate this experience with finding out the final score of the Chargers/Jaguars game when I left the party.

Was her name Trillian?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waltzing Along posted:

Was her name Trillian?

Lucky escape for Dallas if it was.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Imagine going to bed at halftime having a hearty chuckle at Trevor Lawrence then waking up and popping over to ESPN and WAAAAHHHH?!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Cat Hassler posted:

I walked home from the bar at half time and just checked to see how far the Chargers had ran the score up

WHAT?!?!

I too turned off the game thinking it was over.

I am a fool.

Asproigerosis posted:

Imagine going to bed at halftime having a hearty chuckle at Trevor Lawrence then waking up and popping over to ESPN and WAAAAHHHH?!

Literally me.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Goddamn Doug Pederson is a good coach.

I knew I’d regret missing this game live but i rolled the dice on a date which did pan out. I just rewatched the full game replay and holy poo poo jags, holy poo poo TLaw, holy poo poo Pederson

And also obviously gut the chargers coaching staff, get Payton in there and go loving dominate. So much of the chargers problems are coaching based. Yea the WR talent is a problem (exacerbated by their dumbass coach) but this team is absolutely capable of doing better and Joe Lombardi & Staley make this team worse.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I can’t believe Trevor threw four picks just to make it a challenge

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I can’t believe Trevor threw four picks just to make it a challenge

he literally had them right where he wanted them

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Only 2 of the 4 picks were on him.

Lol just saw this stat:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1614481840764493826

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was trying to see how often a QB has thrown 4 INTs and won the game (I refuse to pay for Stathead, so I can't find anything specific) but I did find this from last season

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...st-performance/

quote:

The former NFL MVP threw a career-high four interceptions in the Baltimore Ravens' 16-10 victory over the Cleveland Browns. NFL teams had lost 54 consecutive games when their quarterback threw four interceptions in a game. Jackson, already a special player, found a way to pull off a victory regardless -- becoming the first quarterback since Andy Dalton in 2013 to throw four interceptions in a game and win. 

and I'm going to assume once every 10 years sounds about right. From what I could find, it looks like it happened more often in the pre and early Super Bowl era just because passing wasn't as important.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
It's all just foreshadowing for another Tom Brady Superbowl win

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Goddamn Doug Pederson is a good coach.

I've been saying for a while now that it wouldn't surprise me to see Jacksonville doing great poo poo in the coming years with him at the helm, and last night obviously was a little more special than what I had in mind for this year but, yeah, Pederson's really loving good. Nick Sirianni appears to be working out, obviously, but I'm always going to be low-key bitter about the fact that Pederson was shuffled out of here before Wentz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Jags feel like a team that could finally reach the Super Bowl. They'll get crushed by the 49ers meat grinder but hey, at least they'll finally make it.