Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Goddamn Doug Pederson is a good coach.

I knew I’d regret missing this game live but i rolled the dice on a date which did pan out. I just rewatched the full game replay and holy poo poo jags, holy poo poo TLaw, holy poo poo Pederson

And also obviously gut the chargers coaching staff, get Payton in there and go loving dominate. So much of the chargers problems are coaching based. Yea the WR talent is a problem (exacerbated by their dumbass coach) but this team is absolutely capable of doing better and Joe Lombardi & Staley make this team worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Only 2 of the 4 picks were on him.

Lol just saw this stat:

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1614481840764493826

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Feels like next week bengals (assuming they win)/bills will be a shootout that bills lose in heartbreaking fashion

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Tragic the Ravens are so injury plagued. They could stomp in the AFC.

The two best AFC teams haven’t even played yet.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Bengals coaching sucks and the Chiefs are vulnerable.

The chiefs aren’t vulnerable to the ravens. And the Bengals coaching has been pretty good this season after a rough few game start, they actually adapted their game plans and started evolving week to week so they didnt get trapped in specific tendencies. The defensive game plans are always pretty good too.

Oh and the Jags exist. Idk, even a healthy Ravens team I’d still put at like 5th in the AFC playoffs maybe 4th if the Bills want to keep playing like poo poo

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens are down Lamar and their top two WRs. The difference between those guys playing is a poor WR vs the very worst WR corp in the league. An offense featuring those guys and the Ravens current defense could play right with anyone in the playoffs.

Oh they’d be competitive but every other team left in the AFC playoffs has an amazing young QB too so at that point its coaching and I’d take Andy Reid, Doug Pederson, Zac Taylor, and McDermott over Harbaugh + Roman

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Zac Taylor suuuuuuuuuuuucks. Burrow and that WR corp bail him out constantly.

Nah they’ve totally reworked the offense this year after the rough start. This version of the bengals offense is so much better designed than last year where they were totally dependent on big plays.

I don’t think Zac’s a genius but he finally adapted the offense to his QB and o-lines strengths so they do a lot of shotgun/pistol where Burrow likes to operate and actually do a pretty good run game out of the shotgun too. It’s been very different from what they were trying to run at the start of the year.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

rjmccall posted:

Are you good people aware you’re having this dumb argument in the Aftermath thread

Ravens fans always love to have dumb arguments in aftermath threads. Usually its about how bad their team is so “we’re actually better than everyone else in the AFC when healthy” is a hell of a change up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

They’ll never let him retire.

They’ll keep trotting him out because he’s a Hispanic coach, a cancer survivor, and people think he served in the military. He’s the lead of the nfls marketing campaign like three months out of the year.

They actively encourage this poo poo. Being a military brat doesn’t mean poo poo, its genuinely annoying when marketing departments pretend otherwise. I knew a business owner in the cannabis space who designed his entire brand around the military and had zero actual veterans on staff and his “connection” to the military was his dad had served before he was born.