Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Goddamn Doug Pederson is a good coach.

I've been saying for a while now that it wouldn't surprise me to see Jacksonville doing great poo poo in the coming years with him at the helm, and last night obviously was a little more special than what I had in mind for this year but, yeah, Pederson's really loving good. Nick Sirianni appears to be working out, obviously, but I'm always going to be low-key bitter about the fact that Pederson was shuffled out of here before Wentz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

wandler20 posted:

You're nuts. The Bucs were poo poo for 20 years after they won their first SB and I wouldn't trade it away for that.

2017 made me actively not give a gently caress about the roller coaster of instability and garbage that were the Eagles' next, like, four or five seasons.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The Eagles were competitive more often than not for the better part of two decades before 2017, and while it always sucked to see them lose in the playoffs (or miss a trip to them entirely), it was still a fun team to watch, and you could count on them to be worth checking out every week. They hadn't won a championship since the middle of the 20th century, but they were good enough to make you think Maybe This Year, and that was nice. Wins were great, losses stung.

Then 2017 happened, and it was the coolest loving thing on the planet, and suddenly the wins were somehow a little less great and the losses didn't sting at all. Only this past year have I really come back around to feeling anywhere close to those pre-2017 years, and even now there's nowhere near the same sense of "holy poo poo I hope to hell we somehow make this happen." It'd be awesome, without a doubt, and they've been super exciting to watch this year, obviously, but the desperation isn't there anymore and it has made the whole thing less of an emotional roller coaster.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Lily Tomlin you're better than this :(