Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a cheap trick can be great. it can even beat a top team. you have to not keep going to it. if they move on to the next round they need a different cheap trick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It also could be not as cheap as you think. the cheap trick might be that the trick appears cheap. then it could work for longer than 1 game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there used to be a trick play in the old nfl called the big bobcat formation. you'd have an athlete lined up to be the apparent direct snap taker. instead of a qb. it's designed to be less predictable, and to trick or even just to somewhat confuse or unsettle a defense, providing the same look for very significantly different plays. and it used to work wonders

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

let's just say STP should have been your first live act to see!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i thjought the vikings was really a great team because they won 13 games. didn't hear much else about them

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wokeup to piss and thought about how the undefeated teams in the Super Bowl are the Baltimore Ravens, New Orleans Saints, New York Jets, and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. goodnight and have a pleasant holiday tomorrow

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

once it seemed clear that they could do so they should have let the offensive players defeat the bengals in a normal fashion. but they tried to keep doing Cheap Trick as you had mentioned. and i had mentioned that cheap trick works but usually only for a small time. all in all, a frustrating time for some.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

did anyone notice when perine would run the ball, the defensive linemen as well as the linebackers would come up and somehow shove his head into the ground from a standing position without any movement in between. he would be standing up and trying to run, then his head would be shoved into the ground in the next "frame" of reality. he did not get taken down; he just was made to be laying onto his face from a standing position without any time passing. i'm sorry to restate it so many times but i have to be clear. it seems like the ideal way to tackle in that situation as each time he gained zero to 1 yard. i hope he is ok

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

if he wasn't apposed to jump because it was much too far, then he ruined the play regardless of how ruined it ended up. but i don't know the real circumstances. i don't know any of it. and i never will know in my life.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

how about jaguars fans. there's about 3 or 4 left. anyone knoe what happened to any of them or one of them?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

watching a pretty good team feels good and fun. it's not about an accomplishment. i know my team has not won it but i am just as big a fan of another team that has won the second most titles in their sport. the championship isn't my accomplishment so i would never look back 12 years ago and have a good time for a full season because of thinking of that time 12 years ago. it doesn't matter to me. it's the same as what norm said about gambling.

why the attraction? most people would think it's the wins that keep the gambler going, but any gambler knows that this is not true. as you place your chips on the craps table, you feel anxiety and impatience. when the red dice hit the green felt with a thunk and you're declared the winner and the chips are pushed toward you, you feel relief. relief is all and relief is fine but hardly what a man would give the whole rest of his life to gain. it has to be something else. and the best i've come up with is this: it is a particular moment. a magic moment that occurs after the placing of a bet and before the result of that bet. it is after the red dice are thrown but before they lie still on the green felt where they fall. it is when the dice are in the air and as long as they are there, time stops. as long as the red dice are in the air, the gambler has hope. and hope is a wonderful thing to be addicted to. whopper whopper whopper whopper. if you feel different that's fine. not trying to say how it is for everybody

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 17, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

As a Chris Paul fan who will likely never see him win a title, all those downplaying the importance of the title are making me Sports Mad. I know it's a basketball thing but no, consistently good to very good isn't a replacement for seeing a team or player you love win it all. The Harden Choke and the Milwaukee Series have pretty much broken me at this point. :smith:

hope you figure it out and stop having sports ruin your life consistently. maybe a chris paul title would actually make you realize something 2 or 3 years later. that's not something happening to you; it's you.

it's a horrible disaster to pretty much be at a place where nothing short of a championship actively does harm to you. that's all. just feels very :( about the whole thing

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 17, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

perhaps i should not have posted, and either kept my feelings to myself (likely this) or sent them privately. i may have made a mistake and i apologize

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hosed up.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The bengals lost the Super Bowl in 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

rita is actually in her 90s