Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ravens chat is good and powerful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ok as long as Gro is gone Harbs is off my hot seat

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'll settle for basic competence at this point

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1614852366196523012?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

So wide receivers don't want to play for the Ravens, running backs don't want to play for the Ravens, Lamar may or may not want to play for the Ravens...feels like something might be wrong here

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

^Yeah he seems to be cognizant of his special teams background and leave the play calling decisions up to the so called professionals which would normally be a good thing but makes him overly reliant on them

Timby posted:

I like John Harbaugh as a coach, but something I noticed from my year living in Baltimore reminds me very much of my life as a long-suffering Bears fan, in that Harbaugh has a similar problem to Lovie Smith: Entirely too much loyalty to their assistant coaches, even when it's clear that they aren't working and a change needs to be made. Lovie showed that with Ron Turner, Mike Martz and Mike Tice (to say nothing of Bob Babich and Rod Marinelli). Harbaugh has shown that with guys like Roman and Cam Cameron. (Similarly, it's like how teams stick with guys like Dom Capers and Ed Donatell for entirely too long, even though their schemes and inflexibility were long ago broken apart from even cursory film study.)

This has been one of the primary complaints about him, he seems to have no feel for offensive guys and he sticks with guys he likes for way too long or he's too easily persuaded by their arguments that it's actually the players fault.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 16, 2023

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Is there a tldr on what people get so mad about Lamar Jackson for? I tried to look it up but it was mostly incredibly mad white guys on Twitter who say a lot of racist stuff

You're going to have to be more specific

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ignoring on the field reasons, he kinda can't win because he was openly antivax, tweeted "#truss Trump", is very religious and is kind of a dumbass but he's also a black football player

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's the major sign to me he's done with Baltimore barring major changes. Such a small thing says a lot about how negotiations are going.

Speaking of sideline presence, Bengals @ Bills is going to have the weirdest energy

Supposedly the Ravens have a policy that injured players don't travel with the team. I didn't go looking very hard so I have no evidence of this.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ort posted:

Tbh after the horrible chiefs bucs super bowl I was relieved to lose in the playoffs last year. Having a team to root for to make games interesting and watching close games that you usually win are the best seasons to me. If every game was a blowout that my team won, I’d stop watching every week. I sometimes have as much fun rooting against a team (bengals or bucs) or rooting for an underdog (jags last week) as I do watching my favorite team.

Kawalimus you're posting on the wrong account

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I started getting antsy again in about year 8 of the Ravens decade of spectacular failure

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

a neat cape posted:

Anyone want to see a dead body

Lol

And speaking of dead bodies, I was an Orioles fan before the Ravens even existed and I've given up on the idea of ever seeing them win a world series so I'm forever grateful to the Ravens

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Q_res posted:

The Lions winning a Superbowl is so unimaginable to me...

If they won it next year, I'd happily relive the Millen years afterwards. That's how much I'd love to see it happen.

It's unimaginable to everyone, don't worry

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CFB is good in some ways but also bad because there's only like 3 relevant teams at any given time

And that given time usually lasts for several years

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Zwabu posted:

My friend moved to Maryland and has become a fan of the Washington Redskins/Team/Commanders, all during the Snyder era. The team has made the playoffs here and there but has never once felt remotely capable of making any kind of playoff run. Most of the time offense has been mediocre to awful. The team has generally, IMO, not been very entertaining to watch. The one exception was, IMO, the RG3 rookie season and we all know what happened there.

Of course he lives practically next door to Baltimore and I’m pretty sure the Ravens have won a couple of super bowls while he’s been suffering with Snyder but he refuses to root for them because of Ray Lewis being involved with that murder.

So I’ve tried to convince him to limit his expectations while Snyder is the owner. To just enjoy individual things like that season of RG3 making a bunch of thrilling plays, or the win over the Cowboys a week ago. And to not attach so much happiness or despair to sports teams generally, even the great ones will let you down

Does your friend uh...know anything about Dan Snyder as a person?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Zwabu come back, I can think of one big difference between Ray Lewis and Dan Snyder and it isn't that Ray Lewis isn't a sex trafficker. Or is your friend just incredibly retarded?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

You can't say Dan Snyder here

poo poo sorry