Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was trying to see how often a QB has thrown 4 INTs and won the game (I refuse to pay for Stathead, so I can't find anything specific) but I did find this from last season

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...st-performance/

quote:

The former NFL MVP threw a career-high four interceptions in the Baltimore Ravens' 16-10 victory over the Cleveland Browns. NFL teams had lost 54 consecutive games when their quarterback threw four interceptions in a game. Jackson, already a special player, found a way to pull off a victory regardless -- becoming the first quarterback since Andy Dalton in 2013 to throw four interceptions in a game and win. 

and I'm going to assume once every 10 years sounds about right. From what I could find, it looks like it happened more often in the pre and early Super Bowl era just because passing wasn't as important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I remember being among Jets fans who celebrated when the Giants stupidly took an RB and let the Jets get Darnold, and then the next year the Giants panic draft a QB. Those were the days.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Don't know what was more amazing out of that Bengals-Ravens game.

The QB sneak at the 3 or 2, which also involved Huntley clearly having no idea of how far away he was. He was arguing with the refs after the play that he had broken the plane and he was like a yard and a half away.

Or the worst 2 minute drill I have ever seen in the playoffs. Someone probably deserves to be fired just off that final possession.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Redeye Flight posted:

The Vikings haven't even been in the Super Bowl since 1977. All that winning they've done hasn't even gotten the CHANCE to lose in the big game.

The last time the Jets were in the Super Bowl was the first time it was known as the Super Bowl...