Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Featherless Biped
Dec 14, 2022

Jimbozig posted:

Well I had just made public all the Tailfeathers stuff the night before countblanc posted this thread. I'm still in the process of trying to get the word out. I'm super busy, so I'm trying to squeeze in little tasks here and there - I just sent out the email to my mailing list, for example. If anyone reading this thread also posts other places - other forums, reddit, twitter, etc, then I'd really appreciate any help you can give in letting people know about the game.

The longterm plan goes like this:
1. Get as many people as we can playing the game.
2. Finish writing levels 7-10 of Kazzam and years 4-5 of the non-Kazzam part.
3. Do a Kickstarter so I can do a print edition and pay for more art (Ferrinus did the logo, Kazzam illustration, and cover diagrams, but most of the art I have so far is my wife's, which is why I've got full art for the familiars - she loves drawing animals)

If you know of anywhere I should go to post about the game, let me know. Lots of places rightly look askance at people waltzing in and shilling their products without any other interaction, and I don't want to be that guy.

Just downloaded Kazzam and it looks really interesting! Where’s the best place to provide feedback?

One thing that might help is including a brief example of play - not a full 5-a-side match, but just a couple of example turns to help showcase the flow of the game and some of the neat things that players can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Featherless Biped
Dec 14, 2022

Jimbozig posted:

If it's feedback that you think would potentially make for good discussion, just post it here. Otherwise, you can PM me or email me: jmcgarva at gmail.

An example of play is in the works. I just took turn-by-turn notes of our last match and I'm going to pick a segment of that to expand into a proper example of play.

It’s mainly just clarifications from my initial read-through, but I’ll try a test game soon:

Reactions and interrupts- My 4e brain thinks these should be limited to 1/turn but I can’t see that restriction mentioned.
Hexer - Two powers have the same name (Homard’s Patient Shot)
Wandslinger - It seems that Ricochet Shot (ignore LOS and cover on basic implement attacks) would allow those attacks to be made into / out of the Dungeon. Is that correct?
Tinker - Voko’s Lariat and Irena’s Cloak are duplicates of each other. However the correct version of Irena’s Cloak appears in the stat block for Hayward Marquiss on pg 60.
Charmer - How does the Lasting class feature interact with Effect 2 of the Luck Charm encounter power (pass all saves until you fail a save?)
Tamer - The Scalehound’s Hissing Howl appears to work against the creature’s intended tactics - pushing enemies away from its free end of turn grab, or out of an existing grab.
Role Boosts - do these apply on attacks that do not roll to hit - eg Tamer’s Creature attacks for Spitting Tree and Scalehound?)
NPC Teams - Each NPC team has a special team ability (Team Effort / Agile / Untouchable etc). Are PC teams supposed to have something equivalent, or is that what Miss Tokens are for?

Featherless Biped
Dec 14, 2022
Just saw a couple more duplicated ability names:
- Hexer (pg 17): Foyle’s Patient Porcupine
- Wardmaster (pg 19): Wild Rage

Also I just realised the Lasting / Luck Charm interaction would also make subsequent Effect 2s on that target last indefinitely as well. Will try that out in my test game!

The unlimited reactions thing is interesting - although it looks like there’s only one ability that forces opponents to grant an Opportunity (Charmer’s Antigravity Jinx). Will try that too.

The only other thing I’m a bit confused on is the Porter’s Involuntary Lift. How does a ranged Grab interact with the rules on page 12? Eg is the Porter limited to 2 grabs at a time, is “moving out of reach of the grab” via forced movement based on the Porter’s implement range, and does the target move too if the Porter undergoes forced movement?