Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Things are happening now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

catching up, just saw ep 8

didn't expect to actually feel pissed off watching the union guy making these little baby bites in the coins, not even leaving a mark

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

This mfer just whipped out the agent 47 suitcase gun with silencer like it was no big deal. 10/10 anime of the season

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

This is anime of the season for me (so far) because they'll do poo poo like "this mfer just whipped out a sniper rifle" but they'll also do tense character drama and it's all pretty tightly plotted. I am a sucker for this type of crime story and they are scratching the itch perfectly.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Patware posted:

catching up, just saw ep 8

didn't expect to actually feel pissed off watching the union guy making these little baby bites in the coins, not even leaving a mark

that pissed me off too. that guys such a piece of poo poo

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Its just gonna make it that much more satisfying when he gets riddled with hanafuda cards and suffocating on a gold sheet while entangled in a death kite and getting rocket boot katana'd

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Ending was great and I'm still pretty sure this is my favorite show this season. I don't think this is reinventing the wheel or anything, but for a show whose clear mission is to make something that evokes Westerns and crime dramas, they nailed it. Plays to the strengths of anime as a medium while evoking both of those genres in exactly the ways I'd want thematically.

The loving 80s action movie-rear end storming an island final mission has tons of great kills and I liked how Raizo's plot was resolved. I can see people being rubbed the wrong way by having his release from his grief being getting murdered, but I think Raizo's death ties the themes of the show and what he's dealing with up neatly.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

lol lmao urobochi said bitch u thought, don't ever try to anfuckinticipate me

whole time, had me thinkin the ed was raizo leaving town alone as the rest of the crew see him off from the afterlife, but nope, it was the opposite. I love everyone else living so much, the but the bittersweet bite of Raizo's death is gonna stick w me for some time. I think he could have eventually found a better life, but still, Usui taking him in that day and showing him mercy did eventually bring his soul peace.

RIP Pajama guy, I liked him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
This was definitely the surprise of the season for me, ended up liking it far more than I thought I would week to week. Urobuchi's still got it far as I'm concerned.

RIP Raizo, revenge came back for you before you could mourn enough to draw a smile.