Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I've just gotten back into this game again and am only playing on baby difficulty for now, but something I'm unclear on is for things like coats, are they only one needed ever for a given villager or do they need a new one at a certain frequency? Basically if I have 10 villagers who need coats, do I only ever need to make 10 coats or should I set the production quota to keep it stocked at 10? Also do foods work the same way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's me still down in the second lowest difficulty. Enough engagement around trying to keep people happy and produce enough to sustain them without the stress of imminent death of all villagers at all times.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I did my first no orders settlement last night and even on the second lowest difficulty that got super hairy. I barely managed to survive thanks to merchants bringing the perk you can buy that reduces impatience a couple times. It's brutal how much you can get owned by not having access to blueprints for so long.