Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

i am watching this fight to see some dumb poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delightful
Jul 20, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

JC going for the D’arce Choke on a moneylender in the temple.

Ohhh, OHHHH! JC's in trouble.
(3 days later)
No he's fine, he's out

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Is there a site that tracks advanced stats/analytics/wacky correlations for MMA fights? I feel like most fighters who do that cupping poo poo lose.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Paul Craig is doing that thing where he’s being way too intense and will ultimately lose in hilarious fashion.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

blue footed boobie posted:

Paul Craig is doing that thing where he’s being way too intense and will ultimately lose in hilarious fashion.

now dont be so hasty, he could also slow dance around Walker for fifteen straight minutes and only get in his face when the horn sounds at the end of the round

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

DoombatINC posted:

now dont be so hasty, he could also slow dance around Walker for fifteen straight minutes and only get in his face when the horn sounds at the end of the round

He tried to do this but then lost in hilarious fashion.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

welp

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Walker trying to dislocate his shoulder again.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Nevermind

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

The worm

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

badass

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Just grab your foot doesnt work, just grab their foot doesnt work.

Maybe dont grab any feets

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

hahahahahahaahhaah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

delightful posted:

Ohhh, OHHHH! JC's in trouble.
(3 days later)
No he's fine, he's out

Split decision, Thomas gave the win to the Romans.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Wtf

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

paul craig, maybe instead of trying to fix your striking you should just get better at wrestling so you don't have to deal with people hitting you

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

lol at him doing the worm again. hilarious all around

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

The worm

You can't go through the whole rest of your life afraid that you're going to dislocate your arm every time you do the worm after winning an MMA fight. You have to conquer that fear.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Cool finish good stoppage

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

LobsterMobster posted:

Just grab your foot doesnt work, just grab their foot doesnt work.

Maybe dont grab any feets

Vitor belfort feet gif

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

man if someone was jackhammering my skull like it was full of tootsie rolls i would probably let go of their leg after the first thirty or so blows - my arms could be used to block some / many of the blows, and perhaps i could run away from the terrifying jackhammer fist man if i wasnt tethered to him by his leg!!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

worm of the year

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Stealth Tiger posted:

You can't go through the whole rest of your life afraid that you're going to dislocate your arm every time you do the worm after winning an MMA fight. You have to conquer that fear.

Its ironically the only way to establish himself as a serious contender now, he has to embrace the worm and do it constantly

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I'm behind on the main thread and this promo package made me check if Aldo was dead.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aldo, quite rightly about to go into the Hall of Fame, has been fighting for almost 20 years now.

He's 36.

:stare:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

gently caress 'er up, Jessica

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Guy in the audience slapping his Jesus Christ tattoo hollerin', "This is loving Brazil" lol

Also, Lauren Murphy deciding to just eat every kick Andrade throws. weird strategy

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 22, 2023

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

edit: whoops

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Does Murphy always look like a really slow skeleton or should she be fighting up a weight class

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

COPE 27 posted:

Does Murphy always look like a really slow skeleton or should she be fighting up a weight class

She fights like an ent from LOTR

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

If I was Lauren Murphy at this point my strategy would be to quietly ask the referee if I can go home.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don’t need to see another round of this.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Murphy is going to go into full on wrestling machine mode, and then she's going to gas.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Willem Dafoe is getting his rear end beat

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Maybe Lauren Murphy won't be happy until she gets slammed and then submitted as well

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Andrade is pretty strong

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Corner stoppage pls

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I don’t need to see another round of this.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

lol come on she has nothing for her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
this is getting gruesome