Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I really wish there were more than one or two conscientious corners in MMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

this is gross tbh

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

she needs to quit on the bench or she needs to spontaneously turn into Derrick Lewis

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The corner should be stopping this, Murphy is completely outclassed and they're basically sending her back in purely hoping for a complete miracle flash-KO or Andrade slips on a banana peel and gets submitted.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Stealth Tiger posted:

this is gross tbh

She's a fighter not a super model

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
We need boxing refs that say "Show me something in the next exchange or I'm calling it" and then actually do that when the fighter doesn't show anything

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

LobsterMobster posted:

We need boxing refs that say "Show me something in the next exchange or I'm calling it" and then actually do that when the fighter doesn't show anything

Ref Stoppage - Bad Fighting

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Commentators straight up screaming,"STOP THE FIGHT!" now.

LobsterMobster posted:

The earlier fight where the ref was shouting,"FIGHT BACK!" and the guy would weakly flail his arm a couple of times before going back to getting pummeled in the head until the ref shouted,"FIGHT BACK!" again was particularly egregious.

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
"Tough as they come" is often synonymous with "Too tough for their own damned good".

Crazy that Nick Diaz is a better corner man than most of these professional gyms.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

why is murphy ranked higher?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
“Everything you have, go!” The corner to a fighter who clearly has nothing.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

30-24

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Has Murphy even hit Andrade once (except her fists with her own face)

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

has there ever been a 30-24?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Stealth Tiger posted:

why is murphy ranked higher?

Because Andrade keeps switching between 115 and 125

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

still not as bad as power slap but close

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Stealth Tiger posted:

this is gross tbh

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

Pretty sure.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Well now I've seen a 30-24 fight

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

there have, they're rare, this definitely constitutes it

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Faustian Bargain posted:

Yes

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

The egregious thing imo was she didnt say a single word between round 2 and 3, her corner made 0 effort to get her to engage or figure out if she was ok

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

the reason you dont see a lot of 30-24s is usually a competent referee will stop such a lopsided fight before it gets to that point

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Pretty sure there's been more 30-24s than corner stoppages

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Aww yiss playoffs just finished and I haven't missed the title fights.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jessica Andrade came back to strawweight, won, had a clear claim to contendership, went up to flyweight instead, won, and used her top flyweight contendership victory to call for a strawweight title shot.

I love women's MMA, but I fuckin' hate it.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Lewis vs spivak is at 1am EST

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

FootballFreak2 posted:

Lewis vs spivak is at 1am EST

Gonna be the first fight cancelled cause they can't wake the fighters from their naps

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes had a 30-24, and to everyone who hasn't seen it, turn off 283 and watch it immediately.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Nate Quarry vs. Kalib Starnes had a 30-24, and to everyone who hasn't seen it, turn off 283 and watch it immediately.

One of the most bizarre fights I ever watched.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Magny's going to immediately sign up for Gilbert's BJJ seminar

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

He destroyed magny

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Neil manly has always been bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Every single training session of Gilbert's camp was harder than that fight."

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Burns vs Covington would actually be a decent fight to make. Good on Gilbert for making a decent non-generic callout

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I would like to see Neil Magny fight, like, Li Jingliang or Rinat Fakhretdinov or Philip Rowe or something next. It's time to test prospects, not contenders.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

delightful posted:

Burns vs Covington would actually be a decent fight to make. Good on Gilbert for making a decent non-generic callout

Every couple of cards theres a calllout where youre like actually, yes do that, good idea

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

CarlCX posted:

I would like to see Neil Magny fight, like, Li Jingliang or Rinat Fakhretdinov or Philip Rowe or something next. It's time to test prospects, not contenders.

The way of the UFC is just to have the same couple guys in every class fight over and over again until there’s nothing else interesting to watch. See, for example, this.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Neil many should fight brandon barberna

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's a pretty haggard looking (assassin) baby.