Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

invicta really needs to hire some production people because they've got some real recurring problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

edit: lobmob beat me to it by seconds

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

Oh hey fights.

This dude has no direct relation (familial or gym) to do bronx, right?

Correct. Charles does have a brother, and he is much more wonderfully named Hermiston.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

oliveira is so dramatically unprepared for this

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Reinier de Ridder-tier gameplanning

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Brut posted:

Nunes technique seems really sloppy but maybe it's just forced to be that way due to the height difference

Nunes winging the poo poo out of her punches is pretty normal, but it works, so hey

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It actually was a good fight, which is what makes it even more baffling. I'm glad that one was as close as I thought it was going to be in my dumb brain.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I need to stop believing in Terrence McKinney.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

holy poo poo

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

DoombatINC posted:

probably just striking me so funny because im over-focused on trying to understand it, seeing how much from highschool stuck, so a whole rear end english phrase wedged in the middle of an otherwise french sentence just struck me off guard

also its reassuring to know that everyone everywhere makes the same "ooooooooohhh" sound when they see someone get whomped, when the first two cavemen started cracking each others jaws there was a third guy going "ooooooohh"

There is an instinctual and universal language for "wow, that looks like it sucked"

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

discord invite link is expired. anyone got a fresh one?

https://discord.gg/mr5anWSE

Man I am getting washed out tonight but it's fun as hell.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

We are all denied our fresh melk.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jesus christ, tonight.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

it was a fun time, shogun.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

paul craig, maybe instead of trying to fix your striking you should just get better at wrestling so you don't have to deal with people hitting you

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Murphy is going to go into full on wrestling machine mode, and then she's going to gas.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I really wish there were more than one or two conscientious corners in MMA.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Faustian Bargain posted:

has there ever been a 30-24?

there have, they're rare, this definitely constitutes it

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jessica Andrade came back to strawweight, won, had a clear claim to contendership, went up to flyweight instead, won, and used her top flyweight contendership victory to call for a strawweight title shot.

I love women's MMA, but I fuckin' hate it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I would like to see Neil Magny fight, like, Li Jingliang or Rinat Fakhretdinov or Philip Rowe or something next. It's time to test prospects, not contenders.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Man, it's almost like these two guys are incredibly well matched.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

man figgy really upped his cheating game between fights 3 and 4

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Perfect. Perfect ending. No notes.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

eat all the poo poo, crowd in attendance

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

delightful posted:

Rooting for Jamahal Hill just because of this walk-out music

I felt this way until I realized it was a cheap audience hype remix that removes everything but the drum hit and chorus, and now it can go to hell.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Akbar posted:

wait why is the #7 contender up for the belt?

#1's out indefinitely, #3 and #4 just fought to a draw for the vacant belt, #5's leg exploded

#6 anthony smith and #7 hill were supposed to fight each other but #6 got his teeth literally punched out by glover already

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hill simultaneously is doing great, is in control, and looks like he wants to die.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

hackleman, you really should have pulled rank.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It's the best Hill has looked, I will give him that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

ChaosReaper posted:

Goddamn how hard do people like Rumble have to punch to knock out that stone golem.

You truly, genuinely cannot overstate how incredibly freaky Rumble's power was. There are good strikers, and there are hard punchers, and then there's a category that's just Rumble and Melvin Manhoef.