Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

timp posted:

- Not actually trained in running a marketing dept. (my degree is in music composition LOL)

Oh sweet, it's not just me. Hi, I studied journalism and music and somehow wound up as a marketing manager (where I manage a bunch of people who have masters of marketing degrees...)

My background is in brand, creative production and campaign management, and right now I'm in higher education leading a team. It's been a big change to get used to as my previous roles were really focused on leading a particular aspect of a project, and now the projects are way, way bigger with more stakeholders involved. It's a good challenge - I've never had any CRM experience so that's going to be a massive thing for me to upskill on in particular.

What project methodology/tracking software do you guys all use at work? I've gone through Monday which I loved, Microsoft Planner which I hated, and at my current role we all have to use Jira (but not Jira for Marketing). Have also found that every place I've worked in the last 10 years has had the marketing teams do software Agile training and then have to rejig it entirely to make it relevant for marketing campaign management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU