Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Alec Baldwin should've been an SA mod. Or in fact in any position that involves dishing out swift double barrel justice to those deserving of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Just give the husband more credits on the Rust dvd

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He planned to shoot her with the intention of killing her as in it was premeditated?

Yeah, murder doesn't really fit as I understand it(disclaimer: I know gently caress all of my local murder law let alone the ones where he shot her). That said given everything we know about how the safety issues and concerns that were known about the set, flagging it as involuntary accident from Baldwin the actor does seem a little light handed compared to something, like say... negligent homicide from Baldwin and friends the producers, who deliberately and knowingly permitted unsafe conditions that were in violation of standards to continue resulting in death. I do not think I would get those kids gloves in his shoes.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

A grizzled Alec Baldwin faces the cinematographer, fiery hate in his eyes. In his hand, a rare Colt Model 1873 Peacemaker. In a hoarse, gravelly, tone, 4 words escape his lips that will be burned in everyone's memory that day. His finger pulled the trigger, the hammer rocked back, the cylinder rotated. "Eat... My... Schweddy... Balls!" The cinematographer was no more.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
have we considered maybe the lady who got shot deserved it and alec baldwin is some kind of karmic adjudicator?

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
30 Shot

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
She's only playing dead guys

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mobby_6kl posted:

There shouldn't have been live rounds in the gun or on set at all. Seems pretty wild to try to pin it on Baldwin for not paying enough attention during a CYA training.

I guess the law decided that industry standards don't trump laws.

From an industry standard having actors gently caress around with revolvers confirming which rounds are dummies, blanks, or real bullets could introduce more problems than it solves. It makes sense to have a professional gun guy check that and then the performers just do what they are told.

But from a mainstream legal perspective the guy who fires the gun has to have some responsibility. "I didn't know it was loaded" is a bad excuse for accidental/negligent shootings. "A guy handed me a gun and told me it was safe" is not an excuse for aiming at someone and firing in any other profession or situation. Why should this one industry get an exception?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
From now on only Nerf guns are allowed on set

They can CGI it in post-production

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Treecko posted:

Honestly that makes sense. Star trek doesn't need to use real laser guns, why do westerns think they need functional revolvers? CGI is pretty good at making a puff of smoke these days.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Treecko posted:

Was live ammunition allowed on set?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Bad Purchase posted:

it's only fair for SNL to invite donald trump to play alec baldwin in a skit where he keeps comically discharging his weapon on the set of a film production

lmfao

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Shrodinger's ammo

Only way to know if it's live is to shoot it

I guess

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Alec Baldwin stands on set realizing he completely forgot the script. He turns to a coworker and they state they also don't know their lines because they were too busy using the prop guys to plink at cans on set.

"gently caress it, we'll do it live!" Baldwin declares as he draws his weapon.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Me, an enlightened individual: this man pulled the trigger on a gun that killed a woman.

American Court: have you considered he is rich? Lmao

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

danny devito has shot and killed at least 4 cinematographers on the always sunny set

honestly it’s not that big of the deal, just part of the process

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

Yeah, murder doesn't really fit as I understand it(disclaimer: I know gently caress all of my local murder law let alone the ones where he shot her). That said given everything we know about how the safety issues and concerns that were known about the set, flagging it as involuntary accident from Baldwin the actor does seem a little light handed compared to something, like say... negligent homicide from Baldwin and friends the producers, who deliberately and knowingly permitted unsafe conditions that were in violation of standards to continue resulting in death. I do not think I would get those kids gloves in his shoes.

"Negligent homicide" isn't a thing in California

CA homicide crimes are the first of these that applies:
- First degree murder: Premeditated + malicious intent to kill
- Second degree murder: Malicious intent to kill
- Felony murder: Participated in a felony crime where somebody else committed first degree murder
- Voluntary manslaughter: Killed somebody in the course of a sudden argument, or due to an unreasonable belief they were defending themselves
- Involuntary manslaughter: Killed somebody accidentally due to criminal negligence (recklessness with a high change of injury/death + a reasonable person would have known that)
- Vehicular manslaughter: Killed somebody with a car while driving negligently or illegally

e: It's New Mexico, not CA, so none of this matters. NM's laws may or may not have Negligent Homicide as a crime

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Alec Baldwin would have done his homework, no doubt he chose New Mexico for his shooting spree due to lax murder laws.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

the holy poopacy posted:

Alec Baldwin would have done his homework, no doubt he chose New Mexico for his shooting spree due to lax murder laws.
But can Alec Baldwin get through the airport and plane flight to reach it without indulging in a quick hit of the ol' murder on the way?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

the holy poopacy posted:

I believe -being heavily based in old Germanic legal system- they allow a defendant to request trial by combat there -AKA: trial by judicial duel- which Baldwin will obviously be going for.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
edit wrong thread

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
that guy who killed some guy and two kids with the twilight zone movie is still making stuff today and his poo poo was way more egregious than "figured a firearms expert knew wtf they were talking about re: firearms"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

mobby_6kl posted:

There shouldn't have been live rounds in the gun or on set at all. Seems pretty wild to try to pin it on Baldwin for not paying enough attention during a CYA training.

he's one of the film's producers which means he's responsible for a set with such negligent conditions

but we'll see if a jury agrees

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

he's one of the film's producers which means he's responsible for a set with such negligent conditions

but we'll see if a jury agrees
Movies have like dozens of producers so that's pretty questionable if he had any significant influence there.

There's a recent episode of Opening Arguments addressing the legal issues I just came across: https://openargs.com/oa685-the-alec-baldwin-charges/

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
ofc but apparently he was a big money producer who used it to make decisions and set the tone of the set

again, whether a jury understands this, we'll see. most of the people who have hurt or killed those making films seem to get away with it because of the whole 'well it's lots of people who can really say whose fault it was' canard.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

So he was shooting at a scene of shooting, while shooting a shooting.

Or something like that. Feed it to an AI at this point.

e: sorry I just feel bad all around. Hope they honestly get their poo poo together after Feinstein and things like this. I would like to watch movies without having to think about abuse, murder or scientology while doing so.

I know I could easily skim through Wikipedia but sometimes it's easier to ask so while talking serial/spree murderers like Baldwin and DeVito, what was that one where Christopher Walken was maybe possibly involved or not?

Horrorosaurus fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 2, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Horrorosaurus posted:

what was that one where Christopher Walken was maybe possibly involved or not?

Walken was hanging out with Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood on their boat when she supposedly fell off and drowned

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Lol Jensen Ackles was costarring in Rust?

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Sammy lays a circle of salt on the ground and Dean instructs the cinematographer and assistant director to stay inside of it no matter what. It’s no good though, as Alec causes a gust of wind to break the circle and allow his bullets to reach his victims.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

He planned to shoot her with the intention of killing her as in it was premeditated?

100% And I'm going to prove that here, today. *snaps suspenders*

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I hope Alec Baldwin tells off the judge, little piggy daughter voicemail/ denver fenton allen style.

"NO YOU LISTEN TO ME, rear end in a top hat."

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i'm a pacifist and anti-cop but if alec baldwin were gunned down in the courtroom after a dramatic standoff with the judge and peace officers that would be freakin epic

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'm a pacifist and anti-cop but if alec baldwin were gunned down in the courtroom after a dramatic standoff with the judge and peace officers that would be freakin epic

The judge would 100% need to end up taking him out with the gavel, than something super cool while removing their sunglasses.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

The judge would 100% need to end up taking him out with the gavel, than something super cool while removing their sunglasses.

Sorry, Baldwin, looks like your shooting is a bit... rusty. :dukedog:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Welcome to the best post in this thread

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1675330972297498.webm

right click above and copy the URL and post it in a new tab if it's not showing up for you

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

kntfkr posted:

I hope Alec Baldwin tells off the judge, little piggy daughter voicemail/ denver fenton allen style.

"NO YOU LISTEN TO ME, rear end in a top hat."

:hmmyes:

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

Movies have like dozens of producers so that's pretty questionable if he had any significant influence there.

There's a recent episode of Opening Arguments addressing the legal issues I just came across: https://openargs.com/oa685-the-alec-baldwin-charges/

He skipped safety training and was on his phone for the follow up session.

He took the gun from the assistant director. Not the armorer or an assigned qualified person who should have been handling the firearms. The assistant director in question had a history of cutting corners with safety.

He took the gun with no safety inspection (by assigned qualified person) taking place on set to clear the gun prior to shooting. Running a gun on set, yelling "cold" and giving it directly to an actor is sketchy as gently caress w/r/t industry norms.

This happened shortly after a negligent discharge on set with a "cold" gun. As a producer he was probably aware of this.

It happened during a stage crew walkout over safety concerns, including firearms related issues. As a producer he was probably aware of this.

It happened on a set where it was widely known the armorer was plinking after hours with the guns.

It happened while the armorer was absent from the set. As a producer he was probably aware of this.

On the flip side he is famous and rich. Plus I guess we can just assume all actors are Derek Zoolander cutouts too dumb to follow simple child-level instructions like "only take guns from the armorer, after you see them do the safety inspection" and thus cannot have accountability like normal people.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Warbadger posted:

He skipped safety training and was on his phone for the follow up session.

He took the gun from the assistant director. Not the armorer or an assigned qualified person who should have been handling the firearms. The assistant director in question had a history of cutting corners with safety.

He took the gun with no safety inspection (by assigned qualified person) taking place on set to clear the gun prior to shooting. Running a gun on set, yelling "cold" and giving it directly to an actor is sketchy as gently caress w/r/t industry norms.

This happened shortly after a negligent discharge on set with a "cold" gun. As a producer he was probably aware of this.

It happened during a stage crew walkout over safety concerns, including firearms related issues. As a producer he was probably aware of this.

It happened on a set where it was widely known the armorer was plinking after hours with the guns.

It happened while the armorer was absent from the set. As a producer he was probably aware of this.

On the flip side he is famous and rich. Plus I guess we can just assume all actors are Derek Zoolander cutouts too dumb to follow simple child-level instructions like "only take guns from the armorer, after you see them do the safety inspection" and thus cannot have accountability like normal people.

Maybe he’s a method actor and his character isn’t concerned with gun safety.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Sophy Wackles posted:

Maybe he’s a method actor and his character isn’t concerned with gun safety.

He was playing a gun murderer, so it checks out imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

I know won't be jumping the gun, if you will, on sentencing the man behind the character before I've had a chance to watch the new shaky cam live action scenes in Rust director's cut.