Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Rust is gonna sweep the non-union Oscars (with an uzi).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Bust(y ladies)

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Considering how promptly Rust's crew was sherpa'd south of the border to keep an armed Alec from playing electrical chairs across the entire state of New Mexico, they should just scrap their limpwristed sequel to Django and focus on cinematography that plays directly into their actors' strengths - such as the biography of Charles Manson.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Warbadger posted:

On the flip side he is famous and rich.

On the third side: chuds despise him for making fun of trump on SNL. Among people who don't weasel out of jury duty how many are chuds?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I can't wait for his live streamed trial, best movie he's made in years.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://archive.ph/tNc2m

Baldwin’s team just filed for the special prosecutor to be removed from the case, on the grounds that she would be in violation of the state constitution for having a role in two different branches of government at the same time (judiciary and legislative, since she’s also an elected state rep).

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Regalingualius posted:

https://archive.ph/tNc2m

Baldwin’s team just filed for the special prosecutor to be removed from the case, on the grounds that she would be in violation of the state constitution for having a role in two different branches of government at the same time (judiciary and legislative, since she’s also an elected state rep).

I heard Alec offered her a cameo appearance in his new movie “Rust”. She just needs to come on set to record her scene…

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I thought prosecutors were executive branch? Are special prosecutors really that special??

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Turns out the entire witness stand played extras in the Gatling gun scene but there was a horrible accident

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

More crew members filed suits against Baldwin for hearing damage and PTSD

quote:

The plaintiffs in the latest suit are Ross Addiego, the dolly operator, Doran Curtin, the set costumer, and Reese Price, the key grip. According to the suit, all three were in close proximity to Baldwin when the gun was fired, leaving them with “blast injuries” from the deafening sound of the shot.

According to the complaint, Hutchins fell to the ground directly in front of Curtin.

“She watched in shock as Hutchins grabbed at her abdomen,” the lawsuit states. “Plaintiff Curtin put her hands on Hutchins’ stomach, trying to find the source of Hutchins’ pain and figure out what was going on. As the chaos continued, Plaintiff Curtin was ushered out of the church. Once outside, she collapsed from the effects of the blast and the shock of the shooting.”

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Looks like Alec’s got some more cleanup to do

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

All charges against Baldwin have been dismissed

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

4/20 smoke your on set coworkers errday

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

"Let's shoot some sequels"
- Dirty Barry

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

I am going to withhold judgement on Alec’s guilt or innocence until after I see if the movie is any good.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Looks like they included a very thoughtful “in loving memory” section at the end of the credits after the licensing language. We can all only aspire to this kind of immortality. Not sure why anyone is still upset about this.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

you misspelled immorality

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Can't wreck the Alec

Best I could do

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Wait I just thought of another

Baldwinning

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
It is good to know that negligently shooting and killing people is actually fine. This is gonna save me a lot of trouble at my upcoming court appearance.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Rahu posted:

It is good to know that negligently shooting and killing people is actually fine. This is gonna save me a lot of trouble at my upcoming court appearance.

Are you as rich as Alec Baldwin? Because if not I have some bad news for you...

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The trick is to have someone else load your guns for plausible deniability purposes

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wonder what all you could get an actor to do. Give them a 'prop' sniper rifle and have them assassinate someone?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
must we bust the rust? no it's not just

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Lol once they announced they were going to be filming again, everyone I know who works in the industry here made it very clear that they'd never work with anyone who voluntarily worked on that movie post-restart

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

PookBear posted:

I wonder what all you could get an actor to do. Give them a 'prop' sniper rifle and have them assassinate someone?

Method acting!

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/21/entertainment/rust-gun-alec-baldwin-charges/index.html

It actually looks like the gun was modified in a manner that it could fire without the trigger being pulled, so Baldwin might have been telling the truth when he said he wasn't actually pulling the trigger when the gun went off. That's why they dismissed the charges. The armorer is probably hosed though.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

That's a cool gun mod

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
People literally gave their life to make that movie so you all better go see it when it comes out

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

Alec Baldwin literally killed people to make that movie so you all better go see it when it comes out…or else

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Anonymous Zebra posted:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/21/entertainment/rust-gun-alec-baldwin-charges/index.html

It actually looks like the gun was modified in a manner that it could fire without the trigger being pulled, so Baldwin might have been telling the truth when he said he wasn't actually pulling the trigger when the gun went off. That's why they dismissed the charges. The armorer is probably hosed though.

Prosecutors say they found a seven figure check endorsed by Alec Baldwin made out to "CASH" wedged in the firing mechanism, which would have created reasonable doubt that he actually needed to have pulled the trigger in order for the gun to discharge.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Anonymous Zebra posted:

It’s not like this was some accident that wasn’t preventable though and given his role in production, Baldwin was still responsible at least to some degree. Someone(s) made the decision to modify the gun, brought live ammo on set, never checked the ammo before the scene, didn’t follow safety protocols, etc.

I’d say pretty much anyone less rich and famous would have been convicted and in jail already.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Private Cumshoe posted:

must we bust the rust? no it's not just

I didn't do it

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Betelgeuse betelgeuse BETELGEUSE

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nooner posted:

People literally gave their life to make that movie so you all better go see it when it comes out

Preview: it sucks.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
How and why the gently caress would you ever want to modify a gun so that it fires without the trigger being pulled?

My limited understanding of the history of firearms says that we've spent like a hundred years developing safety mechanisms that prevent exactly that from happening.

(The guys at Taurus weren't paying attention tho)

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
It was a vintage gun. It might've been modified a long time ago.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Toxic Mental posted:

Welcome to the best post in this thread

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1675330972297498.webm

right click above and copy the URL and post it in a new tab if it's not showing up for you

Jfc it'd be easier to build my own website

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mister Speaker posted:

How and why the gently caress would you ever want to modify a gun so that it fires without the trigger being pulled?

My limited understanding of the history of firearms says that we've spent like a hundred years developing safety mechanisms that prevent exactly that from happening.

(The guys at Taurus weren't paying attention tho)

So you can do that cool move where you palm the hammer instead of pulling the trigger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

So you can do that cool move where you palm the hammer instead of pulling the trigger

It also lets you honestly claim you didn't pull the trigger!