Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Also his wife is a white lady from Boston named Hilary pretending to be a Latino lady called Hilaria even after she got called out for it lol

Whole family is poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bouillon Rube posted:

so are actors expected to check the gun for live rounds before pulling the trigger?

if not idk how he could be held liable for manslaughter if his job entailed pointing the gun at someone and pulling the trigger

I mean even if it was a live shot of a movie actively being filmed. You don't need to actually pull the trigger of a gun while pointing the gun directly at someone. It's questionable if you even need to pull the trigger, but if for some reason you do, you still don't need to point the gun directly at someone to get the shot.

It's going to look the same on camera if you're aiming a foot right of someone instead of pointing it right at them.

But also, that's why he's being charged with Involuntary Manslaughter. You kill someone on accident, it's involuntary manslaughter in most states.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 19, 2023

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

hell's horses!

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Bouillon Rube posted:

so are actors expected to check the gun for live rounds before pulling the trigger?

if not idk how he could be held liable for manslaughter if his job entailed pointing the gun at someone and pulling the trigger
Aside from the earlier responses to this: He was also one of the producers, meaning he was also at least partially responsible for picking the right crew (by way of hiring the correct people, not by shooting the others away).

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
keanu was able to do john wick without killing several

Jothan
Dec 18, 2013

naem posted:

his weird insistence that he “did not pull the trigger” weirded me out

It’s the only way he could have shifted all the blame off himself

I remember when that first came up and being like “that’s bullshit” and then remembering one time my dad misfired an uzi while racking the slide and decided to double check it that was bullshit or not; by then the FBI had spent hours trying to purposefully misfire the gun and had come out with the report “WOW this gun is crap. Terribly maintained. Fell apart twice. Could not have fired without the trigger being pulled, though”

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Also his wife is a white lady from Boston named Hilary pretending to be a Latino lady called Hilaria even after she got called out for it lol

Whole family is poo poo

She should pretend to be a Roman named Hilarius.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Supreme Allah posted:

keanu was able to do john wick without killing several

That's because Lance Reddick was there to give the bullets a sternly disapproving look, causing them to drop to the ground, inert and ashamed

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

naem posted:

his weird insistence that he “did not pull the trigger” weirded me out

yeah it pretty munch cemented that you couldn't trust anything he said about the incident

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The most galling bit was finding out that the crew was loving around with live ammo in the same guns they were actively using for filming

Would I be wrong in assuming that on any other production, doing something like that would be grounds for being fired on the spot?

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Regalingualius posted:

The most galling bit was finding out that the crew was loving around with live ammo in the same guns they were actively using for filming

Would I be wrong in assuming that on any other production, doing something like that would be grounds for being fired on the spot?

yeah it's wild. and the fact that baldwin continued to muzzle sweep several of the crew with his finger on the trigger as a "joke" (his words), is especially disconcerting

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Maybe Baldwin aimed to miss, but the crew wanted to get shot. Ever think of that?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I don't think he should get in trouble for it. If you put a gun in my hand and tell me it's full of blanks I'm immediately going to point it at somebody and pull the trigger.

He should get in trouble for being a rich piece of poo poo op. Also he murdered someone in cold blood.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yeah it's wild. and the fact that baldwin continued to muzzle sweep several of the crew with his finger on the trigger as a "joke" (his words), is especially disconcerting

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ah thanks for pulling that up. was looking for the news story

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Do you think the New York Philharmonic would still have him record the weekly voiceovers while in prison?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Saalkin posted:

Maybe he was in on it and wanted his wife dead?!

Alec Baldwin is a strange choice for a hit man but of course his bloodlust cannot be stopped
I heard he didn't get ep credit on the film, just on shooting his wife.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

ah thanks for pulling that up. was looking for the news story

before when I first saw it i thought it was a fuckin joke edit lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I too thought it was just a joke thread title from the past :lol:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
more like alec fuckhead

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

alec baldlose

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
what a bitch rear end dude alec baldwin be. my granddaddy voluntarily slaughtered a man in the early 1970s

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

20 Blunts posted:

what a bitch rear end dude alec baldwin be. my granddaddy voluntarily slaughtered a man in the early 1970s

My granddaddy murdered a woman in the 50’s, if his children are to be believed. He gave her husband a producer’s credit though so it was all copacetic.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
That's just how things were done back then. You murdered a man and carried off his daughter to be your wife.

If you can't even manage to kill the woman's father, then she wants nothing to do with your punk rear end.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
it's honestly crazy how baldwin hasnb't accidentally shot anyone up until this point with how well documented his cavalier attitude to firearms is. lot of stories coming out about how he has similiar types of behaviour joking to shoot crew and cast members. even during the filming when interviewed he commented on how "fresh" his "gunplay" was, he was "ready at any time", and did a little finger gun thing to the interviewer (he didn't have a real gun on hand at the time)

e: sorry the quote is "my gunplay is... right at my fingertips at all times.", with a little wink to go with the pun

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Do you think the New York Philharmonic would still have him record the weekly voiceovers while in prison?

He's not going to prison.

quote:

In New Mexico, involuntary manslaughter is a fourth-degree felony that carries a maximum sentence of 18 months in prison.

He's a rich dude with no previous convictions. At worst he'll get house arrest. Maybe some hilarious "community service" where he does a PSA about gun safety.

Probably just probation where he has to refrain from shooting anyone else for 6 months.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Facebook Aunt posted:

He's not going to prison.

He's a rich dude with no previous convictions. At worst he'll get house arrest. Maybe some hilarious "community service" where he does a PSA about gun safety.

Probably just probation where he has to refrain from shooting anyone else for 6 months.

i dunno. depends on if they can get these witnesses to officially state in court about the "pow" noises and stuff he'd do on set over the years. it's sort of a chronic issue for him

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I doubt he gets any jail time, but will lose a lot of money, like usual

Murder lawsuits for celebrities is like couch cushions for regular people.

There's a reason you don't get a hollywood star still you got at least one notch on your belt.

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.
Now I'm imaging "Alex Baldwin shooting coworkers on set" as a chronic issue.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Wipfmetz posted:

Now I'm imaging "Alex Baldwin shooting coworkers on set" as a chronic issue.

it is, but he's gotten away with it up until now because he only killed with his finger guns before and the police could never find the murder weapon

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it is, but he's gotten away with it up until now because he only killed with his finger guns before and the police could never find the murder weapon

If only Jessica Fletcher had been put on the case, she would of been able to figure it out.

Pity he apparently got her first. :(

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Or maybe he only picked victims nobody would miss. Until now.

[Edit]
Sorry, that joke was bad. :(

[Edit 2]
He wouldn't be in this mess if this victim would have been missed.

Wipfmetz fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 19, 2023

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Nooner posted:

remember when the lady he blasted's husband agreed to not pursue any other legal options against him in exchange for an EP credit lmbo

wtf

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
There’s a level in Hitman where you kill a target like this and it’s cool

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

CharlestonJew posted:

There’s a level in Hitman where you kill a target like this and it’s cool

I really wish there was a game like Hitman but with heavy rpg elements.

Fake edit: and an Alec Baldwin skin for Agent 47, of course.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
predict won't get jail

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Cabbages and Kings posted:

predict won't get jail

I'm gonna acquit him myself :twisted:

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
imagine being killed by the boss baby lol but also :smith:

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*alec baldwin shooting coworkers*

1....2....3........4...........5....6.............7........ stephen is a [f-word]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

thats a usual suspects joke idk if it works properly or not