Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Fat and Useless posted:

drat if I don't look good though!

The Empyrean set (minus the ridiculous hat+eyepatch) is my favorite, I rocked that a bunch while playing Corsair.

One thing I like about the various missions and job-specific quests is that the Immortals (Blue Mages) and Corsairs are just two sides of the same coin. A murderous, powerful, sneaky, and snappy dressing coin. A lot depends on point of view.

e: Page snipe! Update on previous page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
God, the red Corsair outfit is probably the coolest Visaria's looked so far. Goddamn.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Bregor posted:

The Empyrean set (minus the ridiculous hat+eyepatch) is my favorite, I rocked that a bunch while playing Corsair.

:same:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I prefer the blue :v:

Also Leaden Salute paired with that one hairpin makes it the most OP. Damage used to cap at 65k roughly and I could hit that in certain situations with Leaden.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Kazy posted:

Also Leaden Salute paired with that one hairpin makes it the most OP. Damage used to cap at 65k roughly and I could hit that in certain situations with Leaden.

Dynamis zones are always double-darkness weather so you can really go nuts with Leaden in there.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 135: Visaria Gets Paid

Yeah... The time we almost killed a guy all she gave me was a staff.

Oh?

Sounds like I just need to head down to the docks and beg Shantotto for some money. I'm sure she'll help if it keeps me employed. This is a real puzzle alright... Do I get paid or do I let Naja down resulting in a possible burning of my contract? drat.

There's no guarantee I'll get fired and punishment might be involved... I should just take the payment and be happy...

My skin burns when she mutters to herself.

Hey Karababa... I need some gil to show...

Wait. You are just gonna actually pay me?

(100,000 Gil)

Thank you.

I'd rather go home to be honest but I'm stuck here for my own reasons anyway. I'm a patriot until a different ambassador shows up.

This is going over my head doc.

Please don't try and steal the Candescence... There is a list of poo poo that will get me killed and that is on the top of the list.

Hrm... What information am I suppose to be gathering again? I actually forgot...

Eternal Gravestone

Next time: The start of a saga.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Holy poo poo! I think we have finally found the plot! Here! In update 38!

Next time we will be ignoring the plot, please look forward to it.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
I have to respect whatever poor person had to find a rhyme for entrepreneur and succeeded.

I also love that Shantotto shows up, fucks with everyone, says a lot of portentious poo poo, blows some things up, then leaves without explaining, and it's not a result of bad writing, but literally that causing undirected chaos was her goal.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

We all know Lore is about to happen when a painting shows up in FFXI.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

I have to respect whatever poor person had to find a rhyme for entrepreneur and succeeded.

Unfortunately this was right after they rhymed exciting and changing :v:

Fat and Useless posted:

please look forward to it.

I don't know what's in store but this usually means something very good or very Final Fantasy or both :getin:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 136: Singing A Saga

Instead of wisely investing my gold pieces into expanding my storage or buying new gear or even showing my boss my earnings as I don't trust her not to take most of it, I'll be spending it on deserts and caffeine first.

Get a load of this nerd at the counter.

I get it. I'm technically a Bard. But right now, I'm in line for sugar to keep me alive.

Do I look like I need another boss?

Yeah I'll take seven coffees and twenty sutlac.

What do you mean each sutlac takes up one inventory space? Uggggh! Into the Mog Locker with you! (Is it refrigerated in there?)

Anyway let's go watch this twerp get tossed in jail while I eat.

It's true you have to jump through a bunch of hoops to be a battle Bard. Maybe I'll write about it some day, wouldn't that be fun?

It is true what he says; I have no faults.

Did I ever?

I stay the hell away from Besieged.

Putting a General in my debt would get Shantotto off my back for a bit and Naja would probably be happy.

Heh. It was right at the entrance. Easiest clout gain of my life.

I'm gonna start working on this sutlac.

Hopelessness

Fated Strife -Besieged-

Okay I'll put the spoon down for this part.

Next time: Did you know the cutscenes for this questline are probably the longest in the game and take several load screens?

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 137: Unsung Hero

Fated Strife -Besieged-

Yep. Girl with a red puppet fits the description of my boss.

(Seems Empress containment has always been lacking.)

drat. Remind me not to get on the bad side of the Empire.

I have to be on a dozen lists by now...

Man... I was invested too. Luckily I have a bag full of sutlac to consume while I wait for her to get another break. If she isn't back by time I'm done I guess I go wash the bag out for 20 minutes.

I feel I owe Aphmau some semblance of an apology though. She's childish, yes... She lacks most of the qualities of an effective ruler... But I think she loves her people. Also as colossal of a disaster as it was and despite Shantotto brushing it off she did stand up to the little demon. I respect it.

The Empire sure is a mess once you get a good look at it from then inside. I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda prefer the San d'Oria style of internal mess. One thing I'll give this place over San d'Oria is that it doesn't have world ending relics lying around and the local religion seems on the level.

Next time: I still don't want to go back to work because my boss is mean so we are finishing this story.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

The Empire is kind of classically corrupt, where every branch and department seems to have their own little flavour of corruption and horrible internal secrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I kinda prefer the San d'Oria style of internal mess.

I can't believe it either :v: