Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bregor posted:

These tracks own bones. OST continues to deliver. I have Awakening on a Spotify playlist and it still gives me chills whenever it comes up.

Can doubly agree here, these and one of the other expansion endboss tracks we've not hit yet are some of the real good ones I'd listen to outside of the game.

PurpleXVI posted:

Actually, for context, are any parts of FFXI instanced or is it all open world stuff where John Fantasy420 can walk in and gently caress around in the middle of your story mission?

To follow up on what was already posted, yeah, boss fight rooms are the main combat areas which are "instanced" outside of specific reservation-based combat content like Dynamis would be. I believe that there's multiple copies of those boss rooms physically set up within each such zone in general that players get shifted to in order to try and avoid bottlenecks, instead of the more modern "shift everyone to an instance" setup for dungeons/trials/etc, but someone more knowledgeable on the guts of the game can chime in on that to confirm sure,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

PurpleXVI posted:

Actually, for context, are any parts of FFXI instanced or is it all open world stuff where John Fantasy420 can walk in and gently caress around in the middle of your story mission?

Battlefields which are boss fight basically are instanced. There can be a bunch of people doing their own battlefields at once.

Ambuscade which is the monthly rotating boss fights is instanced and there is a queue.

Omen and Odyssey are both instanced with a bunch of mobs and boss fights and there is a queue.

Assault and the other Treasures activities all probably have queues but not enough people do them for the queue to happen.

There are several other instances of various activity types with no real queue and there are several open world boss arenas that multiple groups can go into.

Dynamis D might also have a queue.

The longest queue I've ever stood in on Bahamut was like 10 minutes for Ambuscade on a busy night. On Asura the queues are a little rougher.

This game is held together with bubble gum(plain flavored) and a duct taped ps2 super glued to a chain smoking intern, I can't explain how the guts work, they just do.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 24, 2024

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Dynamis Chapter 3: Kingdom Come

It's fine.

Oh?

So you are just damned to be here forever?

(I'm gonna go break Diabolos' legs...)

But what about you? Wasn't this to save you?

Sorrow

I'll finish this stupid thing later...

Awakening But FFRK(rip)

Buckle up we need to have a talk...

This is the step before the finished weapon, Excalibur. The next step takes a 10,000 value currency or in other words 40,000,000 gil. Even then Excalibur will only be level 75, you have to improve it by 5 levels at a time up to item level where it becomes usable. Usable is a loaded word for Excalibur.

Excalibur at item level does the following:
121 DMG
233 Delay (lower is faster)
Attack +40
Sword/Parry Skill +242
Magic Accuracy +215
Grants the Knights of Round Weaponskill
Knights of Round damage +40%
13% chance on a SINGLE(not double or triple attack) swing to do triple damage
Deals slashing damage equal to 25% of your current HP
Only Red Mage and Paladin can equip it

So what is wrong with this?

First this is my current sword:

This is very easy to obtain with a month or two of doing Ambuscade.

More damage but a lower +attack, has base stats, has accuracy, slightly slower, has magic accuracy and attack(Red and Paladin are both casters first and foremost), more sword/parry/magic accuracy skill, Savage Blade is a much better Weaponskill than Knights of Round, has extra attack when you have more buffs. Also look at that class coverage.

The 13% triple damage on Excalibur would be cool if it worked with attack strings that did more than one hit which will be the majority of your attack strings in decent gear.

The 25% HP to damage is cool for Paladin, you'll get yourself an extra 800 damage on a swing at full HP which you won't be because you are a tank. Wonderful. But Red Mage? It has half the HP of Paladin and furthermore and maybe the most damning thing, it doesn't work with En-spells. The central melee gimmick of Red does not stack with the sword.

"You have to be blowing this out of proportion."

Here is the Aeonic sword, you can pay a team 40 million to help you get it. The same price to get Excalibur to that final level 75 step.

The TP Bonus +500 alone is amazing.

And this isn't an "all Dynamis Relic weapons are bad" thing, the Paladin shield Aegis is REQUIRED to tank magic damage which there is a lot of in the game. So why did I make a sword that I knew was useless for Red Mage and where the shield would have been mandatory for Paladin?

I don't know.

Also this isn't the most expensive of the REMAP weapons, Mythics cost over 120 million gil. I'm working on one.

This spot reeks of Diabolos...

Next time: The cost of a life

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 24, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

YOU DIED

Fat and Useless posted:

First this is my current sword:

:yeshaha:

We've finally arrived!

Bregor posted:

Oh I was talking about Naegling, the People's REMA and then using it to great effect for Bumba

I mentioned this sword back in April! I removed the first spoiler tag, cos here it is! Doing Ambuscade (an easily repeatable battlefield that changes every month and has selectable difficultly levels) gives you base weapons and upgrade materials for some of the best weapons in the game. A bunch of screenshots show Visaria with a purple, zig-zaggy dagger that I can only assume is Tauret, another Ambuscade weapon.

But this bad boy right here.... oh the damage you'll do! The "upgrades" language is weird, but as Visaria said it's actually how many buffs you have. And any decent party will have plenty of Bard songs and/or Corsair rolls active in addition to the standard Protect/Shell/Haste/etc fare. Even trusts can help! Get this thing and "spam Savage Blade" suddenly becomes a viable endgame DD strategy for literally every job that can equip it. My Thief had a fully upgraded Empyrean dagger (the E in REMA or DREAM or whatever the new acronym is for ultimate weapons) and I still found myself putzing around with Naegling half the time.

But I can't wait to see what the plan is for Excalibur :doit:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Bregor posted:

But I can't wait to see what the plan is for Excalibur :doit:

Visaria will finish it in 13 years.

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 24, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Fat and Useless posted:

Visaria will finish it in 13 years.

So halfway through all of the WotG cutscenes? :v:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Bregor posted:

So halfway through all of the WotG cutscenes? :v:

Actually yes.

You'll see it again in like 2 yearsish

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
RIP Visaria, thought of Diabolos and died.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Why did you do it?

For the gobbie dialogue of course

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Dynamis Chapter 4: What Dreams May Come

Shadow Lord

What the hell are you on about? Anyway knock this Dynamis poo poo off, I saved the normal world.

You are just in your own little world aren't you?

I let out a sigh and begin dismantling this place.

Dreamworld Dynamis is slightly different from the original. First we have normal monsters in addition to much fewer beastmen here. These Nightmare monsters tend to drop the boss spawning materials, often specific types are the key. This place drops currency still but now you can lock your Sub Job when entering. This gives a 1% chance per hit to give you a 100 value currency when you defeat a monster. Add some Treasure Hunter and some fast hitting Trusts and you can make a small fortune if you have the patience for it.

In addition to Relic armor there are -1 versions of the armor that drop to upgrade the base armor to +1. This isn't necessary as you can just skip to the item level version of the Relic from base but it does lessen the cost a little to upgrade beforehand. Also new class capes and belts drop now. These are mostly useless because they don't upgrade from their level 70 forms at all. Some of them might be useful as a swap.

Same deal as last time we spawn a zone boss and you can spawn a harder version with enough collected NM drops.

However these bosses are actually dangerous if I mess around. This one for example uses a bunch of status breaths. Status effects like Charm aka lose your Trusts. Oh and status effects like death. Extremely Bad Breath is just instant death.

This makes zero sense.

So obviously I need to do this again.

Buburimu Peninsula.

This one is nothing special. Next is Qufim.

This though. I can't kill.

So this Gigas has three powerful buffs on it that you need to remove with items from other NMs in the zone. A strong HP Regen, a high critical hit rate, and a high damage resist. Either the damage resist or the Regen MUST be removed or his health won't budge.

The poison from this thing will stop the Regen. That's enough for me to kill it.

Anyway I haven't seen any sign of other Diaboloses... Diabolosi... Whatever.

No direction. No clues to what any of this is. Next is, of all places, Tavnazia...

This place has a random final boss, one of four. You can also summon up an extra hard final boss(also one of four types).

This place is pretty compact and terrible for Relic drops.

This is what we are here for. Killing Diabolos. All his forms are awful and dangerous.

Diabolos Heart. Debuffs you and can AoE sleep. Also has Drain and Aspir which are the nicer things it can cast. The danger for this form comes from it being able to instantly cast Death.

Club can blind, curse, and do AoE Dark Damage. It also knows Nightmare and Camisado like normal Diabolos. It too has Death.

Spade is a magicless Diabolos. That means no Death thank the Goddess... No Nightmare either, the gentlest Diabolos.

Diamond is the opposite of Spade, it only casts spells. DIRE. Has Nightmare, curse, charm, instant cast Death, AoE sleep, annnnd a stronger Camisado that is a critical cone attack.

I don't feel like messing with these any more than I need to.

I don't think it's actually possible to kill him no matter how badly I want to.

There is no accepting or denying the task. There is no end to this. This is my reward. For the rest of her life I come here to suppress Lion's nightmare or Diabolos ends her. Well for the next 14 years at most.

Right. I should get back to fixing that. Should I manage to keep everything existing, including Lion, I'll be content with doing this for a hundred years. I might even finish my stupid sword eventually.

Next time: A reunion

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
Just visiting the dreamscape on the weekends to trim back the weeds of the apocalypse. Everyone needs a hobby.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

PurpleXVI posted:

Just visiting the dreamscape on the weekends to trim back the weeds of the apocalypse. Everyone needs a hobby.

Routinely weed-whacking a malboro and taking care of the pests to stop terrible outcomes. Diabolos is running the worst HOA ever.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Rhapsodies Chapter 2: Reunion

Last time I picked up a Siren, stopped a bell, and my protégé poofed(again).

You know drat well I am. This actually makes sense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One Diabolos Incident Later
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nope, still poofed as far as I know.

She can't use a door. It is impossible.

I think that's enough opening my heart to the thing.

Things do be like that...

I swear if I have to walk up stairs...

Right at the front door, that's my girl!

(It has been a couple months...)

Prishe...

That is how it tends to go with Prishe. Oh also...

Neither of them are going anywhere.

He's probably in Jeuno waiting for me.

Well good news!

It's okay Tenzen, it got me too.

(I've said it before and I'll say it again; I really did a number on this kid...)

You got my orb excited... Dial it back.

I need to start looking up. However she also manages to do this when there is no roof...

Frickin' Ninjas. Why!?

Alright. I'll catch up with everyone when Prishe gets here.

Next time: Everyone's favorite dropkicker

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Prishe doesn't get a lot of downtime.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

PurpleXVI posted:

Prishe doesn't get a lot of downtime.

This is the last Prishe you'll get for a long time.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Rhapsodies Chapter 3: Phoenix

Heya Prishe.

I missed this.

But y'know this is before I fought God and didn't lose.

Y'all freak out over the orb too much.

She does tend to poof.

I can't take anyone anyplace.

Long search short she ain't in the port or lower Jeuno.

I'm telling you she just kinda pops out of existence sometimes.

I have trained on an unbelievable amount of crabs Tenzen. I'm ready.

Ugh... I had him on the ropes... Where did he go?

Oh. I did a whole rear end thing in the future it seems.

Oh hey Ulmia.

I've never been smuggled before.

I wave farewell to the girls, I think Tenzen is already on the boat the way he took off just now. Nothing gets that man motivated like a hot bird.

Time to unpack everything that just happened. First in the future we somehow manage to cram a lot of Phoenix into Iroha. From what Tenzen has told me of the process that takes... a whole lot sacrifice not to mention shoving Selh'teus in there... This has lead me to my second pondering. Every time she poofs she dies, doesn't she? Gilgamesh mentioned a bright flash when he found her on the boat. She didn't make it all the way after all... I can't really apologize to her at the moment because she is, well, gone gone. Which brings me to the final thought of how do I even stuff Phoenix back into someone who no longer exists and wasn't from this time to begin with? Although I'm not on speaking terms with most of the Terrestrial Avatars at the moment they might have an idea maybe. We are kinda touching never been done or even thought about ground. Would it have killed my future self to send a note with Iroha? Well I have the orb I guess... Iroha was kinda the note actually. Why the hell did I do this to a fourteen year-old girl and not to myself instead? I'm sure I could have passed priestess class if I tried...

Agggh... I'll fix this all somehow. First I need to find the son of a gun who stole the bird.

Next time: The Near East

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 29, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Bregor posted:

YOU DIED

And again, lol. Visaria needs a fainting couch or something.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.

Bregor posted:

And again, lol. Visaria needs a fainting couch or something.

If I had dollar for every time my character fainted/went unconscious so the NPCs could do plot things...

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Tenzen and Prishe are a fun mix, Tenzen is very serious and philosophical, Prishe responds with "we should punch it a lot and see what happens."

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 98: Mercenary

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Adventure So Far:

Visaria is a former thief who decided to become an adventurer to try and have a decent life after the cermet market tragically crashed. She lives in a perpetual state of near death and world ending threats that are unaddressed due to bureaucracy, diplomatic handcuffs, God himself, and dangerous relics laying around without notes attached. It is her job to fix one thing at a time while breaking two things in the process. She accepts this is her life now. It can't get worse than fighting God.

Also Visaria killed the Archduke and his big brother because they wanted to open the become as Gods door which would kill everyone. She also killed them again. Her girl friend got better from being vaporized. Also Iroha had hot bird in her and now she doesn't and Visaria and Tenzen are in the process of fixing that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you'd think that all I've been through with Aldo he'd just let me have a drat pass but no. Actually I didn't ask him. This is my bad.

The traditional method of getting things you need from the Tenshodo.

So we can pay 500,000 gil or we can trade a set of items.

These sets include two notable options for the thrifty adventurer. First is the 6 Sub Job quest items from waaay back when we first set out and decided to help Gilgamesh instead of doing that nonsense. The other option is a coffer key. You can buy coffer keys for 5,000 gil from a moogle or most likely you'll have one sitting around after fighting in a dungeon with coffers for a while.

I pick the 5,000 gil option.

To Mhaura I go. I think Tenzen got on the previous boat.

Quite the trip. Once I'm overseas I'll get a real map and try to give a sense of where everything is.

I'm just a tiny bit sad I can't bring Lion along as she is still recovering. But hey there is plenty of world for us to explore(as long as that location can get me back in time to deal with Diabolos every week).

Foreshadowing.

They are kinda cute when you aren't level 20 fearing for your life below deck.

Are we there yet?

Hoo boy...

Several Krakens Later

Well that looks like land.

And that would be the capital of the western half of the Empire of Aht Urhgan, Al Zahbi. The Eastern half is currently at war with the Far East and I'm not touching that with a hundred yalm pole.

Quon, Mindartia, Elshimo, and Kuzotz make up the Middle Lands. Aradjiah is the Near and Far East. Ulbuka is the continent to the west of the Middle Lands where you'll find the Adoulin Islands as well. There's land to the north and south of the Middle Lands but that's not important. None of this is really important, I'm just going to look for the dork in the mask and get the hell back to the Middle Lands.

Bustle of the Capital
(Once again most of these are jams, please click them)

Wonderful. Now where is my Samurai?

Oh?

I turn around and the boat has already left. I'm stuck here until I find a zoop.

No really you can just say you are an adventurer and people believe you because nobody is stupid enough to be one.

Whatever.

Let's get this over with.

Nope.

We only need to go to one of them, you used to need to go to all of them. I'll still be going to all of them for reasons that will soon become apparent.

I'm going to kill Tenzen.

So first is the staging point at Halvung on Mount Zhayolm. When I get back I'll get a map I swear.

There are a number of zoop tomes and crystals around but these staging points are all out in the weeds. Heck half of them have monsters with true sight hanging around them that will rip your face off. Basically this isn't a fake test.

And this is what the staging point looks like. I'll figure out Assault another time. I have a package to deliver this trip.

Feeling good about this trip already.

It's a more expensive zoop with extra steps.

One down, five to go... These zoops are vital.

Next time: I quit

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Fat and Useless posted:

Next time: I quit

The true FFXI experience!

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I feel like it says a lot about Salaheem that even when she's at her desk she's got a mace in one hand, and when she's talking to someone, rather than putting it down, she waves it around and gestures with it.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 99: Contracted

Login Screen 4

SEE! I got a map! Okay so I marked off the important stuff I think. Once I get to the areas I can give a better rundown of them. As you can see Halvung were I was just at is one giant volcanic island. It is also the home of good crabs for leveling.

Wajaom and Bhaflau are both connected to Al Zahbi. Both of those are connected to Halvung. To get to Caedarva Mire we need to take a ferry from Al Zahbi. Anyway that isn't important right now. I have to get back and report my success to Naja.

Bustle of the Capital

Visaria...

I must iterate I'm going to murder Tenzen.

She is slamming the desk as she speaks these words at me. What is this feeling? Fear? I kicked Promathia's rear end. I am feeling fear? Here and now?

Yes ma'am.

My legs just moved on their own.

Lovely. Okay so Assaults are mini dungeons with specific objectives like escort someone, gather some rare thing, deliver a bunch of stuff, or break something. Some of these are drat near impossible to do alone even at max level and some can fail just due to bad luck. They also take a ton of time to do. There are six areas total but only five are official and count towards ranking up. You need to succeed at one mission from each area to rank up and get the next set of missions. Repeat the process 10 times, 50 Assaults total. At this point you enjoy all sorts of rewards the most important being you can start a Relic weapon. The Relic weapon requires you to do all 50 Assaults again. That is one of the easy parts of the Relic.

Imperial pieces are the currency here. You can trade imperial standing for bronze, silver, etc, pieces. These can be used for goods and services like the locker.

Anyway I do need to do a few Assaults to get some equipment swaps.

I want to go home.

Next time: Visaria joins a gang

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 2, 2024

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

I feel like Visaria just got pressganged into a PMC.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

PurpleXVI posted:

I feel like Visaria just got pressganged into a PMC.

You should feel like that, because that's exactly what happened.

Melomane Mallet
Oct 11, 2012

I'm bad; I'm just not born that way.
This is really kind of fascinating for me; I stopped playing before Rhapsodies was a thing, so I'm seeing a lot of new stuff which is... interesting in retrospect. Really want to see where these additions go.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Melomane Mallet posted:

This is really kind of fascinating for me; I stopped playing before Rhapsodies was a thing, so I'm seeing a lot of new stuff which is... interesting in retrospect. Really want to see where these additions go.

Most of Rhapsodies has dialog for if you've already done the expansion or if you haven't. For example Tenzen can be met without doing Chains and you only need to do certain parts of the expansion and not the whole expansion to progress Rhapsodies. So post Jeuno Prishe cutscene Tenzen can either talk like he still has Phoenix or like he doesn't have Phoenix(which is what that blatant text edit is in the update as I did this mission before finishing Chains). Either way he drags you off to Aht Urhgan which I think is the better way of going there.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I like when games do that.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Finally caught up :allears:

Aht Urhgan rules. Naja rules. The OST rules.

Assault... not so much. I hated the repetitive nature of it back in the day. Not only did you need to complete them to rank up with Salaheem's Sentinels, but you needed points from individual Assault zones to a. trade in for cool gear (back in 75 cap days anyway) and b. to enter yet another type of battlefield I'm sure we'll get to later.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Bregor posted:

Finally caught up :allears:

Aht Urhgan rules. Naja rules. The OST rules.

Assault... not so much. I hated the repetitive nature of it back in the day. Not only did you need to complete them to rank up with Salaheem's Sentinels, but you needed points from individual Assault zones to a. trade in for cool gear (back in 75 cap days anyway) and b. to enter yet another type of battlefield I'm sure we'll get to later.

1386/30000

Bregor
May 31, 2013

:smith:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Bustle of the Capital plays randomly and unprompted in my head to this day

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 100: Pirates Of The Near East

You know, it occurred to me as I go to get some tea that I haven't seen any pay yet. What a nostalgic feeling.

None of my business. I'm just here for tea. I don't get another break for 46 hours after this. Also I think I technically work for the Immortals.

My contract says I'm not allowed to ponder.

Corsair: A pirate aka sea Thief.

Immortals: Bosses of my boss.

I mean I'm not just gonna let a kid get their rear end kicked by a guard.

Hasslin' the guards at the palace entrance. Nice gusto kid.

Mercenaries' Delight(this is the battle theme for the expansion)

Thief: Part of a family.

Alright. That was pretty cool. You sold me on being a Corsair.

Illusions in the Mist

Each day in Caedarva Mire in this one spot you can find a key. I'll need it in a moment.

Anyway directly to my right is a cave I'll be heading to.

Ululations from Beyond(one of my favorites)

Arrapago Reef, a ship graveyard. A perfect hideout for Pirates.

Shortly after entering there is this gate which needs a Lamian Fang Key. They drop off Lamia of course or you can use the guaranteed one in the mire. They break after one use. Anyway there is a staging point further in the reef so I'm technically on the job right now so Naja can't yell at me for this.

Oh also I brought the kid. I'm a responsible adult.

Responsible. Adult.

Ooof.

Gasp.

Oh dang! The Corsairs even have a guy on the inside.

She isn't wrong.

Please don't make me go back to the angry woman.

Dang, you got a cool brother kid. Let's go find a sword or gun or something.

Anyway the cove isn't far from here. I can pick up the staging point on the way.

Next time: Visaria lets a child have a gun

Fat and Useless fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 5, 2024

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Ah yes, my colibri-stabbin' music.

I also love this one. It's creepy and playful all at once. This track always makes me think of those truesight imps flying around the zone just waiting to zap you into oblivion at a moment's notice.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Hell yeah, pirates! I look forward to seeing what goofy bullshit abilities they get. The only game I remember Corsairs from is one of the FF5 remasters where they got to shoot enemies with a big cannon.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Corsair was my main in XI, I really wish they'd add it to XIV. I still love it so much. :allears:

Helps that it's also the most OP job :v:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 101: A Pirate's Life For Me

Ululations from Beyond(one of my favorites)

The gate is guarded by true sight imps. This trip can be deadly if you are doing this at a lower level.

Anyway Naja can't get mad at me now for the extended break.

Now time to find us a cove.

Hey kid, whatcha got there?

Nice!

Now some people may chide me for letting this child have a gun which is larger than him. The kid showed proper gun safety by not pointing it at me. He's licensed in my book.

We have a gun and that makes us invincible. Let's go!

We must hide else we will be spotted!

Perfect and also gasp.

Gasp.

Ga-maybe we should have actually hid instead of just kinda crouched here in the open.

(Good they didn't get my badge number, I'm safe from Naja.)

Anyway I'm in charge of the kid.

If there is any doubt in your mind who the good guys are let it be gone.

They zoop off.

I absolutely helped.

Neat, free dice.

Next time: The golden knight

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

"I surrounded you with explosives while you were bragging" is the best martial art.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

So yeah I said there are going to be a lot of spinning plates during this expansion as of 4 updates we have:

Find the ambassador
Corsair shenanigans
Be a mercenary

We have another plate next update and two more Jobs to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Chapter 102: Hell

Bustle of the Capital

Yes ma'am.

Yes ma'am.

Okay. Sure. Whatever.

I could save him.

Catharsis.

Heh I'm a Superior Private now. Heh heh.

Yes ma'am.

Nope, as I am also not a queen. I am pawn just like she said.

Oh man you are gonna love this one where you gotta get the Mamool Ja to blow up their own gates with fire spit. I failed it 3 times due to time out.

Oh boy.

Yes ma'am.

But first I need to grab a Trust real fast.

Behold my senior and Naja's personal secretary. Anyway yeah, gimme.

Right so I have no idea where that dumbass went. Luckily you can just buy that information here.

Yes.

Here we go.

And now to play tail that prince. This also counts as doing my job.

I'm looking for the Astral thingy.

Hrm...

I'm not with him. I mean I am but also no...

I'm taking notes. Trion is actually doing me a real rear end favor.

Ugggh. Sorry about him.

I'll get right on that.

Next time: The color blue