Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I've only played FFXI a few times due to curiousity and it's a pretty neat thing to look and compare to FFXIV.

I did hear quite a few horror stories involving this, specifically some of the bosses in the game and a single Job's ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Hey, it's Gilgamesh. Just a Gilgamesh instead of the Gilgamesh but a Gilgamesh nonetheless.

Man, this sentence sounds insane for people who haven't played Final Fantasy games regularly.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016

I'm honestly glad that I never played FFXI before all the various QoL stuff.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
Yeah, that's definitely a JRPG villain right there.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
I'm pretty sure that FFXI's depiction of a Dark Knight is the first Job in the Final Fantasy franchise to use Scythes.

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
What did I tell you, he was a JRPG Villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyro Jack
Oct 2, 2016
All this talk about fighting crabs regardless of levels reminds me of this meme that I always found funny.