Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Where do you save your personal files
This poll is closed.
Rawdogging my home directory 12 8.39%
Documents/ 12 8.39%
dropbox 6 4.20%
icloud 9 6.29%
onedrive 6 4.20%
s3 bucket 5 3.50%
email to myself 9 6.29%
yeeted via rsync to an old optiplex in the basement 6 4.20%
sd card 6 4.20%
printed out 10 6.99%
github 7 4.90%
a backup on the vm itself 6 4.20%
rapidshare 4 2.80%
google drive 8 5.59%
box 4 2.80%
egnyte 3 2.10%
sharefile 4 2.80%
spideroak 3 2.10%
megaupload 6 4.20%
printed out 11 7.69%
uploaded to web server to send link to rms's demon to email it to him 6 4.20%
Total: 31 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i could really use a cloud storage thing but they're all hosed up in one way or another so i've never actually settled on one.

dropbox seemed decent ages ago but i don't hear a lot of good things lately and i don't have a lot of faith in the company itself. seriously how haven't they been acquired yet?

onedrive would be fine but the ios app does some really stupid poo poo, biggest one being the photos tab doesn't just index the photos folder, rather in indexes any and every image file anywhere in your onedrive making it kind of useless. no, microsoft, screenshots, memes, and album art aren't my loving photos. the web version of onedrive does the same thing but has an option to only show photos in the photos folder. ios app doesn't have this because ?? ???? ???

never tried google. maybe it's good? they probably won't kill it someday, right? idk.

lol at using icloud if you aren't 100% in the apple ecosystem, and even then from seeing how it performs, probably still lol

and all the other services are small-potatoes also-rans that usually fall flat on their face someway, usually really bad iOS support or weird limitations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sweevo posted:

sprawling mess of subdirs on drive D:/

this + a separate sprawling mess on my synology

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Laserjet 4P posted:

use partitions to separate roughly by category so music is on the music drive, documents are on the docs drive, and so on.

:stare:

the gently caress is this late 90s linux poo poo

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

wiztree is the best windows disk analysis tool

quoting for truth

if you have been using any other tool on windows, throw it out asap and just use wiztree