Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

NeatHerniaDude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
you have to fight the biggest car in the yard or they will keeping picking on you

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Hatebag posted:

NeatHerniaDude

Psycho Society posted:

you have to fight the biggest car in the yard or they will keeping picking on you

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

what;'s his name?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I have a hernia that's getting repaired (by a surgeon!) tomorrow. ask me anything!

is your username based on that 2 truths and a lie game?

Hatebag posted:

NeatHerniaDude

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Weka posted:

He has a neuro divergent condition known as positive thinking.

positively irritating

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Shifty Nipples posted:

positively irritating

I think it's cute, like a dog.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

John Charity Spring posted:

If you're in your late twenties why do you talk like a 50-year-old who's trying to be Appealing To The Youth

Not sure what you mean by this. I'd like to remind you that no one is allowed to be mean to me tomorrow through the end of next week.

Jabberlock posted:

ASk them to fix your brain while theyre in there hurr hurrrrrrrr

Duuuurrrrrrr but really the groin and the brain are far apart so this post is dangerously misleading

Greg Legg posted:

Good luck tomorrow neatheterodude.

Thank you! It's been super busy so I haven't checked in with you or pmed in a long time, but I haven't forgot about you either

KirbyKhan posted:

Az mentioned he was offered adminship after his surgery, while he was hosed up on too many medicines.... Hrmmm

Az is going to give me the password to Jeff's account

Slider posted:

if it's an inguinal hernia then gl. here's some epic music op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AfNOKQdY-U

Hell yeah!!

my bony fealty posted:

did you play elden ring yet. when I got surgery last year I spent the recovery weeks playing elden ring all day on the drugs. I recommend it.

Oh yeah I played the hell out of it last year. How'd your surgery go?

some plague rats posted:

Rogue Legacy 2 is fuckin sick. You should also play hollow knight if you haven't yet

I'll add it to the list

Nice and hot piss posted:

Tell the anesthesiologist you're an SA moderator and he'll probably slip you some extra sedatives.

hospital tip: Asking the Surgeon if he has stairs in his house and if he doesn't respond with "I'm protected" your surgery is 50% off

Oddly enough I am gonna be in the OR tomorrow for clinicals lol may the odds be forever in your (whoever's on the table in front of me) favor.

Going to do all of these things. If you see my body (big bald ginger dude with a beard), please draw something neat

Weka posted:

He has a neuro divergent condition known as positive thinking.

Yes, YES!

Thank you friend

Trixie Hardcore posted:

No! No, don’t get the hernia enlarged. Call the surgeon immediately to clarify. Also good luck!

Thank you and lol I missed that. Gonna leave a message for the surgeon that's 5 minutes of asking for stronger pain meds and 10 seconds requesting they don't make it larger.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

We haven't always seen eye to eye but good luck with your surgery
that poo poo is scary every time and modern medicine is a miracle

hope you are back to 100% in no time and that your intestines stop trying to escape through holes in your connective tissues

I appreciate that/you! It is scary and I'm not going to be able to sleep at all tonight. Gotta play Rogue Legacy 2

CODChimera posted:

how the gently caress have you been hit by a car twice

Bad luck?

speng31b posted:

good luck and hope you feel better soon

Thank you man

Hatebag posted:

NeatHerniaDude

Rude

Psycho Society posted:

It's true and I lost that fight twice. Everyone else was so scared of how I went bananas that they left me alone

Farm Frenzy posted:

what;'s his name?

It's you

Filthy Hans posted:

is your username based on that 2 truths and a lie game?

I will not answer questions from Filthy hans

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I will now answer questions from Filthy hans

Did you know that Weird Al made a song about hernias? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ow1nlafOg

good luck tomorrow

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
When you say the hernia is in your groin do you mean your butt? You mean your butt don't you? This is what you get for skipping butt day.
Well I hope they make it bigger, the butt not the hernia, and in a good way.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Gas

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Good luck op. I had an inguinal hernia fixed back in like 2006 and while it hurts like a bitch the first 72 hours the overall recovery is pretty quick. Just be careful when they ask you to walk in the recovery room because even with the drugs it will hurt a lot more than you anticipate.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Weka posted:

When you say the hernia is in your groin do you mean your butt? You mean your butt don't you? This is what you get for skipping butt day.
Well I hope they make it bigger, the butt not the hernia, and in a good way.

his butt is big enough already, he's gonna be sitting around the house when he's sitting around the house recovering

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Showing the forums my butt to prove its a good size

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you should probably look when you cross the road op

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
are they gonna let you keep the hernia in a jar

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Good Luck Battling Demons In The Dream World While You Are Under Anesthetic

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
what do you tip a surgeon and do you do it before or after? like if youre a good tipper you'd probably want to do it before so they're grateful and go the extra mile but what if you misjudge the difficulty of the surgery and you undertip it and they spit in you?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Would like to take a moment and say to the person on the av-buying spree: What the fuck is wrong with you? Fucking disagreeing on the wording of polling questions means that I support Israel murdering people in Gaza? And somehow despite caring enough to plaster that fucking pic

fanfic insert posted:

what do you tip a surgeon and do you do it before or after? like if youre a good tipper you'd probably want to do it before so they're grateful and go the extra mile but what if you misjudge the difficulty of the surgery and you undertip it and they spit in you?

they keep what they remove

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fanfic insert posted:

If you leave a large tip before the surgeon may do something unseemly like trying to do your stitches in a cool pattern or give you Joker scars just as a 'bonus' while you're under the knife. imho it's better to tell the surgeon what you expect to tip before hand, leave it on the side of the operating table, then instruct the anesthesiologist to remove one dollar for each mistake the surgeon makes

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
upon awakening the gimmick will finally be retired but he'll only speak in a chinese accent

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Good luck NeatHeteroDude

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

NeatHeteroDude posted:

late 20s. this is my 7th surgery. i had 2 left shoulder, 1 right shoulder, 2 left elbow, and one hernia (got hit by a car, one year later got hit by another car).
If I were you I'd move to an area that has excellent and safe walkability, cycling, and convenient and safe public transit. That would probably reduce your risk of being hit by car again, as well as having other health benefits.

cat botherer has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Jan 23, 2023

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Good Luck Battling Demons In The Dream World While You Are Under Anesthetic

turns out it'll just be AIT and NHD's astral projection needs to do everything it can to stop them from using the word

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Just dodge the cars lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

my dad just had his heart zapped to get it back into rhythm and it went well, I guess they found no clots in his heart so that's good

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

I'm back and I explained to the nurse at length how I use Gaston from Beauty and the Beast to discuss appropriate relationship behavior with my students (disabled and nondisabled back when I used to tutor behavior kids)

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.livejournal.com/create

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I'm back and I explained to the nurse at length how I use Gaston from Beauty and the Beast to discuss appropriate relationship behavior with my students (disabled and nondisabled back when I used to tutor behavior kids)

Is this the part where your partner had to step in and explain that no, you're always like this and that this isn't a negative reaction to the anesthetic?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

NeatHeteroDude posted:

what did you tip them? I think it was to little and they took your av and left a weird stitch pattern

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Welcome back NeatHeteroDude glad you’re still with us

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Hatebag posted:

NeatHerniaDude

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
lol you got hit by more than one car

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

story time! i've had two hernias

once was in 2005 when i tried to unsuccessfully join the army and they found it in the medical exam; i had no idea i had one before this. i was still on my parents' insurance and had an easy time during the surgery. they gave me a percoset right after and i felt great, then a few days of discomfort when it wore off. 9.5/10, would do again for fun

the second time i was cycling through mexico. in ciudad valles i tried to impress the cute hotel front desk girl by carrying my bike plus luggage upstairs to my room all at once, and i felt it happen. lots of pain, i limped along until i found a modern-ish hospital in veracruz on christmas eve. my doc was about 60, drove a motorcycle and looked like he was impersonating elvis in the early black leather years. it must've been a huge rip because my patch was the size of a saucer. i woke up and had a rubber tube sticking about six inches out of the front of my pelvis. they wheeled me out to a taxi about 48 hours after i entered and i swiped my credit card for $2500 from my wheelchair. went back to a room i rented and recovered there for a few days until i went back to have my drippy hose removed. the discharge was gross, but the scariest part is that i didn't expect the part inside of me to be that long, i had to have had a full foot inside me. took a bus to a beach, camped out for a couple weeks, then biked another thousand miles or w/e to honduras, where the pain got too uncomfortable that i flew home to recover more. 7/10 for the thrifty pricetag

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen

i say swears online posted:

i felt it happen

:gonk:

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Welcome back, friend.

Last time I had surgery, I had a fun reaction to the anaesthesia where for the next day or so it felt like my life was being rendered by an underpowered video card with really bad texture pop-in. I hope you had at least that much fun, and ideally much more.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

*pop*

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

NeatHeteroDude posted:

looks like the docs accidentally removed your av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

NeatHeteroDude posted:

Showing the forums my butt to prove its a good size

Lol who did you piss off?

Also quoting for posterior-ity.