Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

General Dog posted:

Nice season for the Cowboys overall, I’d say they met or slightly exceeded expectations.

"Exceeded expectations" is only a good thing if the expectation wasn't that they'd poo poo away their season on a hilariously stupid play. Again.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
It's going to be overshadowed by the lolteral play, but did Armstead pull up on the would be safety because he was afraid of a roughing call?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1617360155003482112?s=20&t=P3PIlXlSqVtkVBlJj8yVPQ

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

jerry's head looks like it should be on an iron maiden album cover

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/1617354077528281089?s=20&t=GkFdP9BkuLLzPAgzPk8KxQ

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Skip continues to diminish in power, while Stephen only grows

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
the talking head shows the day after an embarrassing cowboys playoff loss are like the raw after WrestleMania, it's just an event unto itself

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Mega64 posted:

That entire final drive was a thing of beauty.

Dak almost takes a safety.
Schultz has a catch overturned because he didn't even bother to keep both feet in before running out of bounds.
Whatever that final play was.

Cowboys in the playoffs never disappoint with the comedy.

This is why the NFC East is always on SNF

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

It's going to be overshadowed by the lolteral play, but did Armstead pull up on the would be safety because he was afraid of a roughing call?

Yeah i"m like oh he's defiintely not trucking him so he doesn't get a roughing.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

yep he definitely pulled up to not give them a free 15 yds

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/1617354249960046594

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

keep skip in your thoughts

https://twitter.com/realskipbayless/status/1617363600305434624?s=46&t=MO0ch9rDQwADjYTZt3DYog

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Trade Dak for not calling an audible

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Set it on fire like a real fan instead of throwing it in your empty trash can, Skip you coward

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

throw it in one of those ovens on clean

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Obviously it's all an act with Skip (that I love) but I think him having a framed Anchorman poster just outside his kitchen is real.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Mustached Demon posted:

throw it in one of those ovens on clean

toss it in with the boiled chicken and broccoli

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

this is gonna be the pats in 30 years.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Every time I’m reminded of that last play I physically can’t stop myself from laughing

I just did it again

I mean the game was over but what the gently caress

lol again

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

rjmccall posted:

Every time I’m reminded of that last play I physically can’t stop myself from laughing

I just did it again

lol again

lol that play

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

rjmccall posted:

I just did it again

lol again

They really just gently caress up clock management. Ward forcing dude out of bounds making the clock run, they don't spike it, their WR doesn't catch it inbounds and just..

That last play was magical.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/1617369263496646657?t=q8y2p1CniHm_iSNFBMnK8A&s=19

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

On any given play Dak can look like a world beater or just completely lost, it's a lot of fun when you aren't a cowboys fan.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

And Stephen A. Smith justifies his life for one more year.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

He's historically been pretty good under pressure--this season was just....man, he was loving awful. He's been getting tunnel vision and forcing throws and overthrowing everything. Dude has lost his groove and feels he HAS to throw to certain people.

It felt like Dak never adjusted to losing his speed and separation guys in Amari and Cedric and he spent the entire season passing like they were still there. Only Lamb could burn at their levels and he was often double covered and no one else could keep up.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Justifies his LIFE?????

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Dr_Strangelove posted:

keep skip in your thoughts

i will not!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I notice him maybe once a year, usually when he laughs at the Cowboys.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Relentlessboredomm posted:

this is gonna be the pats in 30 years.

I’m not sure industrial civilization will be around that long but if it is then yes

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I am happy for any of the 4 teams to make it through and win it all.

A truly blessed 4 teams.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Koirhor posted:

I’m not sure industrial civilization will be around that long but if it is then yes

a fair point. either way they’ll be irrelevant until then.

I don’t know where the cowboys go from here. Their DC seems like he’s gonna be hired elsewhere, the rest of the NFC East is getting better and the boys are so reliant on a few stars to do anything. It just feels like they’re teetering towards more 8-9 seasons in coming years.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
They should be taking phone calls on The Ticket radio in Dallas within the next 10 minutes I think

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I don’t know where the cowboys go from here. Their DC seems like he’s gonna be hired elsewhere, the rest of the NFC East is getting better and the boys are so reliant on a few stars to do anything. It just feels like they’re teetering towards more 8-9 seasons in coming years.

Even if Dak bounces back and gets back to 2019/early 2021 levels I’m skeptical of Dallas ever getting to another Superbowl while Jerry is still alive. The stink of his cursed hubris permeates this entire organization all the way through.

More likely Dak has a small dead cat bounce and the Cowboys can maintain averaging around 10 wins a year for the next couple seasons, getting wild card slots because the NFC is so bad and continued WC and divisional round exits.

Small chance Dak just breaks and becomes a Russell Wilson albatross contract and Dallas cuts him in two years.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/1617376451711610881?s=20

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

I'd rather keep Rick thank you very much.
https://twitter.com/rick_bayless/status/1616526375669694482?s=46&t=9otMH9a7kzMAttn8YgvSRw

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Fire Mike McCarthy I hate that fucker

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Per ESPN, Pollard broke his fibula on that play and will require surgery.

Sucks for him, going into free agency this spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Timby posted:

Per ESPN, Pollard broke his fibula on that play and will require surgery.

Sucks for him, going into free agency this spring.

drat that loving sucks, dude was about to get paid :(