Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Timby posted:

Per ESPN, Pollard broke his fibula on that play and will require surgery.

Sucks for him, going into free agency this spring.

drat :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

At least a broken bone has a way better prognosis than knee or foot for a running back.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

It will never not amuse me that one of the sweetest men in the culinary world is Skip Bayless’ brother

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Can't wait for the painting of the formation for that last Cowboys play

Carillon
May 9, 2014

I mean homerism or whatever, but I'm not sure how you look at that game and say the Eagles are going to have an easy time winning. That was a hard nosed, defensive fight and I think the NFC championship will be interesting at least.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Because the Eagles also have a good defense but also a better offense

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Purdy & Hurts will be a fun matchup to see which team can get them to make a mistake first.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Shinjobi posted:

Because the Eagles also have a good defense but also a better offense

I think it's too simple to just put it that way. Isn't it more about matchups and how one offense matches up against a defense and vice versa in terms of style of play/what they're good at and type of players? I don't think it's as simple as just looking at the scorecard and making conclusions that way. But I could be wrong. I don't usually know what I'm talking about!

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

DuhSal posted:

I think it's too simple to just put it that way. Isn't it more about matchups and how one offense matches up against a defense and vice versa in terms of style of play/what they're good at and type of players? I don't think it's as simple as just looking at the scorecard and making conclusions that way. But I could be wrong. I don't usually know what I'm talking about!

A big part of it is that the Seahawks made Purdy look pretty mediocre for a half with their pass rush and then Dallas just made him look bad for the bulk of the game until their pass rush ran out of gas. Defenses are starting to figure out how that offense works with him under center just in time for him to face both the best pass rush in the league and (maybe) the best secondary in the league. Nothing's ever set in stone, but as an Eagles fan - even as someone who thought they'd beat the Niners here anyway - I'm a lot happier about this matchup than I was this morning.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
The Eagles very convincingly beat a marginal playoff team. The 49ers had to grind out a victory against a significantly better team, one that beat the Eagles less than a month ago. I think the Eagles are justly slight favorites, but crowning their asses as an unstoppable juggernaut because they went 14-3 instead of 13-4 in the regular season is pretty rich.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1617355095817216001?s=20&t=u2VZruHStqpuK10QhLF_VQ

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
https://twitter.com/katemagdziuk/status/1617355881108377600?s=20&t=u2VZruHStqpuK10QhLF_VQ

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

lmao at the play but this meme is played out imo

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Eagles will be fine if they're down for a slug fest, winners gonna be real thankful they don't play again the next week

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Black Lighter posted:

A big part of it is that the Seahawks made Purdy look pretty mediocre for a half with their pass rush and then Dallas just made him look bad for the bulk of the game until their pass rush ran out of gas. Defenses are starting to figure out how that offense works with him under center just in time for him to face both the best pass rush in the league and (maybe) the best secondary in the league. Nothing's ever set in stone, but as an Eagles fan - even as someone who thought they'd beat the Niners here anyway - I'm a lot happier about this matchup than I was this morning.

Ah ok that makes sense, thanks for explaining it :)

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

One of my mates pointed out that Brock purdy looks like a harbaugh and now I can't not see it.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

BlindSite posted:

At least a broken bone has a way better prognosis than knee or foot for a running back.

Yeah, the surgery is most likely to just reset the bone. As long as there’s no corresponding joint damage, he’ll spend 6-8 weeks in a cast and be good as new by the time training camp rolls around. He’s still gonna get paid.

If the cowboys lose him, their offense will really go into the shitter.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/DezBryant/status/1614641482740244482

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
What were the cowboys trying to do there?

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What were the cowboys trying to do there?

an homage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGNr3Yef-2A

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Its Rinaldo posted:

This was my first thought.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

It will never not amuse me that one of the sweetest men in the culinary world is Skip Bayless’ brother

Rick Bayless rules and I make his goddamn black bean tacos and tomatillo salsa like twice a loving week

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I always imagine that Rick also likes the Cowboys, but to the extent of "boy, it'd be swell if the Cowboys won, but if not, then I still had fun watching them!"

Meanwhile, Skip probably hasn't enjoyed food in like thirty years

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shinji2015 posted:

Meanwhile, Skip probably hasn't enjoyed food in like thirty years

Skip is very, very deeply depressed and oftentimes seems deeply resentful of his younger brother.

Also, Skip just turned 71 and I have to imagine he's made more than enough money to never have to work a day in his life, he just continues to deliver hot takes to piss people off because he's such a contrarian.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

Per ESPN, Pollard broke his fibula on that play and will require surgery.

Sucks for him, going into free agency this spring.

Honestly best case scenario for a break.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well I'm never doing that again. Everything's fine!

Edit: What the gently caress was I posting?!

*sigh* Well, wife woke up and said I was actually really good with her and the kids and just casually fell asleep so, uh...hope y'all got some enjoyment out of it. It appears that I documented the whole thing. No, I'm not going to read all of it, I stopped at wanna play cod. I don't even play Call of Duty.

The lesson is, don't. Don't drink this stuff.

Edit 2: Eh, went ahead and read it. It's honestly pretty tame stuff. *shrug*

Kirios fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 23, 2023

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

The first time my friends and I got steel reserve back in late high school, I cracked it open and took a sip and it was just a totally different experience. I’d had 40’s and lots of cheap beer, but the extra 1% or whatever they’ve got in steel reserve just pushes it from not good, like a Milwaukee’s Best or Natural Light or Mickey’s, to conspicuously gross.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Can someone explain to me what the Cowboys were trying to do with that last play?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Can someone explain to me what the Cowboys were trying to do with that last play?

They were trying to entertain us

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al7Bzeo-LP0

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 23, 2023

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Kirios posted:

Well I'm never doing that again.

Thank you

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Racing Stripe posted:

The first time my friends and I got steel reserve back in late high school, I cracked it open and took a sip and it was just a totally different experience. I’d had 40’s and lots of cheap beer, but the extra 1% or whatever they’ve got in steel reserve just pushes it from not good, like a Milwaukee’s Best or Natural Light or Mickey’s, to conspicuously gross.

I hate this word but it's absolutely a mouthfeel thing. That malt liquor has a weird texture.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thanks to everyone for being pretty chill about it while I was talking nonsense.

This is the last time I'll speak on it.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God I keep watching that last Dallas play and I'm still so baffled. There was no one even in the vicinity of the receiver for him to catch and lateral to. If was supposed to be Zeke getting the lateral, why is he trying to block after hiking the ball? I think the only way that play works is if SF was set up in an extreme prevent defense with literally the whole D 30 yards downfield.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Kirios posted:

Thanks to everyone for being pretty chill about it while I was talking nonsense.

This is the last time I'll speak on it.

We all support you, and appreciate that you don't want to speak on such a sensitive topic. Get better soon.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
The Cowboys final play makes perfect sense when you interpret it as them intentionally going out in the biggest Clownball fashion possible as NFC East teams are wont to do.

Like them turning to the rest of the division after executing it with a “Top This, Motherfuckers! :smuggo:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Bird in a Blender posted:

God I keep watching that last Dallas play and I'm still so baffled. There was no one even in the vicinity of the receiver for him to catch and lateral to. If was supposed to be Zeke getting the lateral, why is he trying to block after hiking the ball? I think the only way that play works is if SF was set up in an extreme prevent defense with literally the whole D 30 yards downfield.

I mean if your tight end demonstrating two straight plays in a row that he doesn't understand how the rules of football apply in regards to A)catching a ball and B)stopping the clock by going out of bounds with forward momentum isn't enough for you, then yeah that last play shows you how well the Cowboys are coached in impossible situations. Just like last year, though I still maintain last year's was still way more mind boggling than whatever piece of abstract art came out this year.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Pron on VHS posted:

We all support you, and appreciate that you don't want to speak on such a sensitive topic. Get better soon.

Lol I'm fine - no hangover or anything. No incidents, just some drunk shitposting. It's an...experience that I'm glad I did, but it's something I only ever need to do once kinda thing.

Not like I'm a Cowboy fan or anything. Please give concern to the people that truly need help right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Its Rinaldo posted:

Deserves a stained glass window in a church