Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I think Zeke was supposed to stick a quick block, squirt out to catch the lateral, the aim for the left sideline as the other receivers on the left hit their cover men when they look back to follow the lateral with the right side of the formation looping back behind to give him outlets if he runs into trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

*Bangs table*
WHERE IS IT?? WHERE IS THE PAINTING? I NEED IT SO I CAN HANG IT NEXT TO THIS

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
It's interesting to think that Skip Bayless wanted to be his own person and broke away from the family restaurant business to be his own man.

Meanwhile younger brother Rick was a dutiful son and followed his family's footsteps to be a chef. No pressure, just happy to make delicious food.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Android Apocalypse posted:

It's interesting to think that Skip Bayless wanted to be his own person and broke away from the family restaurant business to be his own man.

Meanwhile younger brother Rick was a dutiful son and followed his family's footsteps to be a chef. No pressure, just happy to make delicious food.

Skip opened up about it a little recently. It sounds like his Dad was just a terrible negative force in his life and he went down the path of sports as a way to both spite and distance himself from him.

Rick it seemed had a much better relationship with his father and also obviously enjoyed waking up early to get a restaurant open as a teenager.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Kirios posted:

Lol I'm fine - no hangover or anything. No incidents, just some drunk shitposting. It's an...experience that I'm glad I did, but it's something I only ever need to do once kinda thing.

Not like I'm a Cowboy fan or anything. Please give concern to the people that truly need help right now.

I went back to double check, and there's really nothing to be worried or embarrassed about. And it was fun to read along as someone approximately my age had an experience that I had for the first time like 16 years ago.

A sad thing that I've learned since moving from a small town (Athens Ohio) to an actual city (Baltimore) is that a tall can of 10% abv malt swill is absolutely designed for homeless alcoholics. It was more fun when I thought it was just for dumbshit college students to dare each other to try to shotgun. Also I shotgunned one and didn't barf. I'm the champ. You are too.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kirios posted:

Lol I'm fine - no hangover or anything. No incidents, just some drunk shitposting. It's an...experience that I'm glad I did, but it's something I only ever need to do once kinda thing.

Not like I'm a Cowboy fan or anything. Please give concern to the people that truly need help right now.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

BlindSite posted:

I am happy for any of the 4 teams to make it through and win it all.

A truly blessed 4 teams.

pretty much. my order of preference Eagles > Chiefs > 9ers > Bengs

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

No pressure, just happy to make delicious food.

I'm not sure that this is necessarily an accurate characterization.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

I'm trying to decide whether Bengals-Chiefs AFCCG for a second year in a row would be tiresome to me if I weren't a Bengals fan. I think not, since it's just twice, and Bengals playoff success is new enough that it shouldn't have become grating yet. People also seem to find Joe and Jamarr pretty likeable, which goes a long way with this kind of thing. Let me know when the charm wears off. I think it will still be a few years.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Racing Stripe posted:

I'm trying to decide whether Bengals-Chiefs AFCCG for a second year in a row would be tiresome to me if I weren't a Bengals fan. I think not, since it's just twice, and Bengals playoff success is new enough that it shouldn't have become grating yet. People also seem to find Joe and Jamarr pretty likeable, which goes a long way with this kind of thing. Let me know when the charm wears off. I think it will still be a few years.

it isn't to me, would be better if Mahomes was 100% but it's looking to be a good game. I’m not sick of either team even though the Chiefs have been to 5 straight. I actually like a lot of the players and coaches on both sides so it isn't a Patriots situation yet

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Bird in a Blender posted:

God I keep watching that last Dallas play and I'm still so baffled. There was no one even in the vicinity of the receiver for him to catch and lateral to. If was supposed to be Zeke getting the lateral, why is he trying to block after hiking the ball? I think the only way that play works is if SF was set up in an extreme prevent defense with literally the whole D 30 yards downfield.

I think that's what Dallas was expecting but when SF didn't line up that way they just uhh kept on rollin

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

indigi posted:

it isn't to me, would be better if Mahomes was 100% but it's looking to be a good game. I’m not sick of either team even though the Chiefs have been to 5 straight. I actually like a lot of the players and coaches on both sides so it isn't a Patriots situation yet

I think it helps that KC hasn't won as many SBs as the Pats had at this point in their run, and Mahomes/Reid are infinitely more likeable than Brady/Belichick

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Racing Stripe posted:

I think if it happens a third time in a row it might get a little stale, but right now we're still in 'cool, fun playoff rivalry' mode

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Shinji2015 posted:

I think it helps that KC hasn't won as many SBs as the Pats had at this point in their run, and Mahomes/Reid are infinitely more likeable than Brady/Belichick

Agreed. I never got 100% sick of the Manning/Dungy Colts since they only won it all the one time, and they kept getting bounced by teams that I disliked way more (Steelers and Patriots), and Peyton had an okay personality. Mahomes and Andy have good personalities and also have only won it all one time. There's just no comparison to Brady and Belichick. The end of the Steelers/Patriots/Colts AFC hegemony that lasted nearly two decades is just an absolute breath of fresh air, even if the Chiefs are heading into their fifth straight conference title game.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Racing Stripe posted:

Agreed. I never got 100% sick of the Manning/Dungy Colts since they only won it all the one time, and they kept getting bounced by teams that I disliked way more (Steelers and Patriots), and Peyton had an okay personality. Mahomes and Andy have good personalities and also have only won it all one time. There's just no comparison to Brady and Belichick. The end of the Steelers/Patriots/Colts AFC hegemony that lasted nearly two decades is just an absolute breath of fresh air, even if the Chiefs are heading into their fifth straight conference title game.

Yeah, the difference is that the Chiefs have only won two of those conference champ games and only one Superb Owl -- they're much more visibly mortal than the Steelers or Patriots machines, which thrived on defense, which was why it was so fun to see them LOSE because you got to see what they'd try to do when things stopped working (apart from both teams having a bunch of unlikable personalities and annoying-rear end fanbases). Mahomes is on that mode all the god drat time, and the Chiefs have almost outrageous flaws in their construction that can only be overcome by dynamic effort. So they avoid being boring repeat appearances, because while they're always good, something can always happen.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

a neat cape posted:

Rick Bayless rules and I make his goddamn black bean tacos and tomatillo salsa like twice a loving week

Amen, I love him. If you ever go to Chicago I highly recommend checking out his restaurants. His food is so drat good.

Didn’t Rick eschew restaurant life for a bit and was working on a Masters or something in Anthropology which is how he ended up in Mexico and fell in love with their cuisine?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Who the gently caress is Rick Bayless

Why are people talking about a paid agitators personal life?

Skip does what he does cuz money. If I was getting paid like him I'd probably do it for a couple years too

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

EmbryoSteve posted:

a nationally famous Michelin star chef

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Racing Stripe posted:

I went back to double check, and there's really nothing to be worried or embarrassed about. And it was fun to read along as someone approximately my age had an experience that I had for the first time like 16 years ago.

A sad thing that I've learned since moving from a small town (Athens Ohio) to an actual city (Baltimore) is that a tall can of 10% abv malt swill is absolutely designed for homeless alcoholics. It was more fun when I thought it was just for dumbshit college students to dare each other to try to shotgun. Also I shotgunned one and didn't barf. I'm the champ. You are too.

go Bobcats!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

EmbryoSteve posted:

One of the best and most beloved chefs in the country.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Do yall keep a list of michilin star chefs or something?? Is Rick Bayless on TV? How is he beloved? Sorry to derail but I've never heard of the guy and the answers just make me even more confused. How does one find out about a non-tv chef

I can name 3 chefs. Anthony Bourdain, Gordon Ramsey, and flavor town guy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

EmbryoSteve posted:

Sorry to derail but I've never heard of the guy

some people like stuff other than football my good chum. and yes he had a tv show

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Do yall keep a list of michilin star chefs or something?? Is Rick Bayless on TV? How is he beloved? Sorry to derail but I've never heard of the guy and the answers just make me even more confused. How does one find out about a non-tv chef

don't forget betty crocker

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

EmbryoSteve posted:

what about boyardee

Anyway Rick Bayless is famous enough to have his own food brand too so maybe you've seen his name while looking for totinos

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kirios posted:

Well I'm never doing that again. Everything's fine!

Edit: What the gently caress was I posting?!

*sigh* Well, wife woke up and said I was actually really good with her and the kids and just casually fell asleep so, uh...hope y'all got some enjoyment out of it. It appears that I documented the whole thing. No, I'm not going to read all of it, I stopped at wanna play cod. I don't even play Call of Duty.

The lesson is, don't. Don't drink this stuff.

Edit 2: Eh, went ahead and read it. It's honestly pretty tame stuff. *shrug*

Might be time for a break from online *shrug* 🤷‍♂️

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Wait Skip Bayless is brother to the cool Mexican Food Guy?! How the gently caress am I just learning this?!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Wait Skip Bayless is brother to the cool Mexican Food Guy?! How the gently caress am I just learning this?!

It's weird

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Their father and mother were alcoholics and Skip basically studied his rear end off in order to move away from home as soon as possible, leaving Rick and their younger sister LuAnn to deal with their parents. Rick, it seems, had a better relationship with their parents than Skip did. I don't think the brothers talk to each other, but LuAnn seemed to keep them both in the loop with each other. Unfortunately, she passed away a couple of years ago so who knows at this point.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

bows1 posted:

go Bobcats!

x2

Bobcat here as well! :cheers:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Joe Burrow played for the Athens High School Bullcats, LSU Tigers, and Cincinnati Bengals. His entire career has

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sweet thursday posted:

Joe Burrow played for the Athens High School Bullcats, LSU Tigers, and Cincinnati Bengals. His entire career has
Bull...cats?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Bullcats are any breed of medium-sized stocky domestic cats that were first bred in 1930s-1950s and are named for their short yet large muzzles similar to that of bulldogs, which may be the reason for their name. The bullcats (currently) come in three breeds, the Persian bullcat, the French bullcat, and the German bullcat. The Persian bullcat is about the size of a large pug resembles a Persian cat with a thicker snout, stockier body, and larger ears. The French bullcat is about the size of a medium-sized beagle and is generally blonde or golden in color, it has a very stocky body and smaller ears than other bullcat breeds. I took a big poo poo on myself but just kidding about that. The German bullcat is the biggest of any bullcat, about the size of a large bulldog, and is very muscular with a thick back, giving it a tall humped back unlike most other house cat breeds, and has a short yet thick jaw, giving it the appearance of bulldogs more than other bullcat breeds, it even resembles the fictional character, the Beast, from Disney's Beauty and the Beast from 1991 in facial appearance. Despite their appearances, bullcats of all breeds are generally loyal and docile to their pet owners.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yeah, members of the genus Panthera

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Cavauro posted:

Bullcats are any breed of medium-sized stocky domestic cats that were first bred in 1930s-1950s and are named for their short yet large muzzles similar to that of bulldogs, which may be the reason for their name. The bullcats (currently) come in three breeds, the Persian bullcat, the French bullcat, and the German bullcat. The Persian bullcat is about the size of a large pug resembles a Persian cat with a thicker snout, stockier body, and larger ears. The French bullcat is about the size of a medium-sized beagle and is generally blonde or golden in color, it has a very stocky body and smaller ears than other bullcat breeds. I took a big poo poo on myself but just kidding about that. The German bullcat is the biggest of any bullcat, about the size of a large bulldog, and is very muscular with a thick back, giving it a tall humped back unlike most other house cat breeds, and has a short yet thick jaw, giving it the appearance of bulldogs more than other bullcat breeds, it even resembles the fictional character, the Beast, from Disney's Beauty and the Beast from 1991 in facial appearance. Despite their appearances, bullcats of all breeds are generally loyal and docile to their pet owners.

Well I learned something today. This is the fine content I come here for.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cat with the dead eyes of a killer. Not loving with that Bullcat.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

EmbryoSteve posted:

He’s been on a lot of food shows as a guest judge, he even competed in one maybe a decade back now. He’s also got a national food brand that’s in basically every major grocery store.

See\/\/\/

Cthulu Carl posted:

Right?? It’s one of my favorite dumb fun facts.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Relentlessboredomm posted:

He’s been on a lot of food shows as a guest judge, he even competed in one maybe a decade back now. He’s also got a national food brand that’s in basically every major grocery store.

Hmm I looked him up based on all these replies and it really shows how we (well me) can be silo'd into different spheres. I don't watch cooking TV or much TV outside of sports, i almost always make my own salsa, and I don't buy frozen food outside of Costco. So it makes sense I've never heard of him.

Good for him for making a life he loves. The other bayless loving sucks and is a vampire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Skip Bayless doing whatever he can to get out of a lifetime in the food industry is the most humanising thing I've ever heard about him tbh