Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

x2

Bobcat here as well! :cheers:

OU, oh yeah!

Burrow’s parents took a game ball to Courtside Pizza after the Ravens game last week. Pretty cool! That place serves some good cheap-rear end ‘za. Or they did in 2007. Not a great setup in there for football watching, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Skip did give us this this morning. We broke him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMMit9YUiFQ

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I watched Stephen A’s monologue this morning, and it’s a bizarrely personal attack on Dak Prescott as if the game was a one-on-one duel with Brock Purdy.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

mllaneza posted:

Skip did give us this this morning. We broke him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMMit9YUiFQ

This is great. It makes you almost feel bad for Skip. Almost.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

rjmccall posted:

I watched Stephen A’s monologue this morning, and it’s a bizarrely personal attack on Dak Prescott as if the game was a one-on-one duel with Brock Purdy.

I mean that’s how football goes, QBs get all the credit, and all the blame

Unless you have built up enough credit to shift blame but that takes a lot

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

rjmccall posted:

Team social media seems to be blaming him solely, too.

It's pretty wild, honestly. Not that I disagree, but uh...when your own team's social media is making GBS threads on you I have to wonder if there's anything coming from Jerry himself. Which, if that old gently caress is having buyer's remorse on extending Dak, he's got no to blame but himself.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

MikeCrotch posted:

Skip Bayless doing whatever he can to get out of a lifetime in the food industry is the most humanising thing I've ever heard about him tbh

I've listened to Skip talk about his past and childhood and it sounded absolutely miserable so I'm glad he got out

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Skip doesn’t actually seem like a terrible person to me, he’s just a grumpy guy who loves being a contrarian and is an amazing heel. It’s kind of nice to have him there ready to take all the hate when the world is full of so much more hateful discourse in areas that aren’t as fun as sports.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I do feel for Dak between his battles with mental health and the utterly ridiculous expectations put upon him as the Cowboys QB, but those two turnovers were a major factor in losing that game.

Guy needs to loving escape that cursed franchise and be happy as a mediocre QB on a small-market team that would actually appreciate him, flaws and all.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Dak would shine in Vegas or New Orleans.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Skip doesn’t actually seem like a terrible person to me, he’s just a grumpy guy who loves being a contrarian and is an amazing heel. It’s kind of nice to have him there ready to take all the hate when the world is full of so much more hateful discourse in areas that aren’t as fun as sports.

Hes a posters poster

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Mega64 posted:

I do feel for Dak between his battles with mental health and the utterly ridiculous expectations put upon him as the Cowboys QB, but those two turnovers were a major factor in losing that game.

Guy needs to loving escape that cursed franchise and be happy as a mediocre QB on a small-market team that would actually appreciate him, flaws and all.

Think Carolina is drafting someone this year

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Dak to the Rams. Good coach. Some retooling. Team with 5 fans. I think that would work.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Tim Whatley posted:

Dak to the Rams. Good coach. Some retooling. Team with 5 fans. I think that would work.

…provided McVay stays.

Isn't he rumored to leave?

Maybe Dak would do well in Arizona.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Android Apocalypse posted:

…provided McVay stays.

Isn't he rumored to leave?

Maybe Dak would do well in Arizona.

He's staying and interviewing staff replacements for guys leaving.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Gonz posted:

Dak would shine in Vegas

Oh god this would be so good for the Mr Logan takes.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah, this is where I'm at. He's a heel through and through, turned the obnoxious aspects of himself up to eleven and rode it to wealth. Meanwhile when poo poo gets serious, he appears to have pretty reasonable and socially conscious takes. I can't hate that.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Grittybeard posted:

Oh god this would be so good for the Mr Logan takes.

Dak is a huge downgrade from Carr.

I've said it before, Dak is just Blake Bortles with weapons.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

MrLogan posted:

Dak is a huge downgrade from Carr.

They do have the same number of playoff wins...

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Rick Bayless has his own set of shows on PBS. They are in rotation on the Create channel. Surely a bunch of goons also watch PBS.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khgWG-gTULU

seriously

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

No Butt Stuff posted:

Rick Bayless has his own set of shows on PBS. They are in rotation on the Create channel. Surely a bunch of goons also watch PBS.

I think I remember him from an episode of Bizarre Foods or some other food-based travel show.

After my dad retired and before he died, it was about even odds that if I swung by, he'd be watching Rick Bayless or Rick Steves.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Cthulu Carl posted:

I think I remember him from an episode of Bizarre Foods or some other food-based travel show.

After my dad retired and before he died, it was about even odds that if I swung by, he'd be watching Rick Bayless or Rick Steves.

Bizarre foods was good, some of the time

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

MrLogan posted:

Honestly I’ve finally come to accept Cowherd’s assessment of him as Kirk Cousins with a better PR team, that’s about on point.

I’d be down for trading him for Carr, they both feel like they need changes of scenery.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Imo Dak never really progressed from where he was in his second year. He still locks in on receivers and forces plays that just aren't there. He can progress ok when he's given all day but it's like he tries to take plays off and just drive one to the primary read and so often teams just go lol and jump the route.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Racing Stripe posted:

OU, oh yeah!

Burrow’s parents took a game ball to Courtside Pizza after the Ravens game last week. Pretty cool! That place serves some good cheap-rear end ‘za. Or they did in 2007. Not a great setup in there for football watching, though.

Oh wow we even went at the same time (05-09)

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

So I know this is like typical food content padding recipe stuff and these tacos seem fine to eat, but LOL at this weird "emergency" food.

He seems to think a scenario where you're about to pass out is like a normal person occurance?
In that scenario is a taco that takes almost 10 minutes to prepare if you happen to have everything already out and at the ready.
His definition of "don't have much in the kitchen" seems to include a lot of stuff in the kitchen including avocados, jalapenos, etc

I'm sorry Rick, but if I'm desperate and I don't have much in the kitchen, I'm probably eating like shredded cheese straight from the bag or like tortillas from last week's taco night, not cooking some black beans and making salsa.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that seems kind of rude. we've all been there when you get home from a hectic afternoon of shopping and have 3-4 hours to live tops

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

wilderthanmild posted:

So I know this is like typical food content padding recipe stuff and these tacos seem fine to eat, but LOL at this weird "emergency" food.

Why the gently caress is a can of black beans in the refrigerator? Other than NFL linemen, who can justify having that much lard in the house? If you're in a hurry to prep a meal, why not throw that all in a food processor instead of mashing it up by hand?

2/10 will not follow.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's more than one way to store a can of beans

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I;m thinking about thos Beans

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gonz posted:

Dak would shine in Vegas or New Orleans.

do you mean all those ints would look really shiny?

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

bows1 posted:

Oh wow we even went at the same time (05-09)

oh poo poo, slowly doxing ourselves here. Pretty soon the whole forum will figure out that we're both named Ross and they'll keep calling us Ross, like what happened to Ross.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Has any other team copycatted the game ball thing now or is it still just the Bengals doing that?

It's a good idea I'm surprised no one else has stolen it yet.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Racing Stripe posted:

oh poo poo, slowly doxing ourselves here. Pretty soon the whole forum will figure out that we're both named Ross and they'll keep calling us Ross, like what happened to Ross.

Hi!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eifert Posting posted:

Has any other team copycatted the game ball thing now or is it still just the Bengals doing that?

It's a good idea I'm surprised no one else has stolen it yet.
Who the what now?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Who the what now?

After every playoff win the same night the coaches and a few players deliver game balls to Cincinnati bars and restaurants.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

After every playoff win the same night the coaches and a few players deliver game balls to Cincinnati bars and restaurants.

It must be funny for them to go from "Holy poo poo we finally get some playoff game balls after all these decades!" to "God dammit yet another playoff game ball where the gently caress are we gonna put this one."

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eifert Posting posted:

Ohhh right I forgot about that, that is really awesome. I have not heard about that happening anywhere else but its not like I'm looking for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Who the what now?

deflated the balls before the game