Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

switch Bill Nye and Scatman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

We’ll have a thread called “A second 9/11 type event just hit the forums”

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tribute.gif

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
The mask comes off and you all go full fascist and so does the rest of the western world.

Sucks to suck if you aren't white and living in north america or europe.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I’ll take “Piss” for $500

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
9/11 II will effectively be the death knell for the USA, and this would dawn on people almost instantly. As a result, it’s conceivable to me that such an event would actually take up as much (American) news, social and cultural bandwidth as Covid did in 2020.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The United States will be torn asunder after a second civil war and the smoking remnants will emerge as two new countries: North America and South America.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Low rise jeans will come back into fashion

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

YeahTubaMike posted:

Low dick peens

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

balls on top

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

gently caress yes I miss cute belly buttons.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
My Chemical Marriage

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

:hmmyes:

EvilJoven posted:

gently caress yes I miss cute belly buttons.

Is there a such thing as an cute belly button? Is there a such thing as an UNcute belly button? My opinions on belly buttons might not extend past basic hygiene

The Hello Machine posted:

My Chemical Marriage

Oh god would another 9/11 bring emo back? :negative:

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
My Chemical Marriage will make songs about going to parent-teacher conferences and applying for a 401k. But yes it will be emo as gently caress.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'm probably going to take a bigass poo poo that day, and probably every day afterwards. I'm sorry to report this to the forums this way.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Toxic Mental posted:

I'm probably going to take a bigass poo poo that day, and probably every day afterwards. I'm sorry to report this to the forums this way.

Theyre gonna put u on the no fly list

Tommah
Mar 29, 2003

freedom fries

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Tommah posted:

freedom fries

I asked for freedom fries and they gave me slavery fries instead

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug
The shock of it will make everyone examine their own failings as human beings, and recognize their own culpability in the global systems of oppression and exploitation. It will lead to an introspective and humble re-evaluation of American and European economic, social, and foreign policies, and a political transformation towards planetwide social justice and greater acceptance of diversity among cultures and peoples. In the long run, it will spur individuals to practice a more mindful lifestyle driven by kindness and compassion instead of consumption and jealousy. Collectively the human race will bond together for great things, like elimination of global poverty and the peaceful colonization of space.

(This is also what I thought would happen after 9/11)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Number_6 posted:

The shock of it will make everyone examine their own failings as human beings, and recognize their own culpability in the global systems of oppression and exploitation. It will lead to an introspective and humble re-evaluation of American and European economic, social, and foreign policies, and a political transformation towards planetwide social justice and greater acceptance of diversity among cultures and peoples. In the long run, it will spur individuals to practice a more mindful lifestyle driven by kindness and compassion instead of consumption and jealousy. Collectively the human race will bond together for great things, like elimination of global poverty and the peaceful colonization of space.

(This is also what I thought would happen after 9/11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF67navIZlU

Dystopia Barbarian
Dec 25, 2022

by vyelkin

XYZAB posted:

Bush will start a war

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

YeahTubaMike posted:

If we can predict the next attack by jeans then the next one should be in the next 2-5 years if everything holds to the previous cycle. I'm seeing pants these days that I haven't seen since 1998.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
WATCH BIDEN FUMBLE THROUGH A HALF-FORGOTTEN ANECDOTE ABOUT GROWING UP DURING THE DUST BOWL

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Watch Jeb Bush start a war

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

EvilJoven posted:

The mask comes off and you all go full fascist and so does the rest of the western world.

Sucks to suck if you aren't white and living in north america or europe.

This is happening anyway.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I hope us renames itself AR then, after its national past time and symbolic animal

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020
I look forward to some shithole country finally putting together a garbage tier nuke and using on the neighbour they hate, leading to a prolonged series of tit for tat attacks that gradually make the world unliveable until finally the US and China both threaten to glass the pair of them if they don’t knock that poo poo off right now. By that point though the planets so hosed all people do is sit around remembering how good the 2020s were.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Toby Keith hits #1 on the billboard charts with his new song "Lady Liberty (Will Kick Your rear end)".

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

costco pivots to gun sales

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Hopefully Yellowstone goes off

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I'd try to beat my old jacking off record from september 11th 2001. I was a teenager then and I'm not one now so i'm not optimistic

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Icochet posted:

I'd try to beat my old jacking off record from september 11th 2001. I was a teenager then and I'm not one now so i'm not optimistic

I believe in you.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Maybe it would fix things like when you get amnesia from a blow to the head and the only fix is a hammer to the skull.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Buce posted:

costco pivots to gun sales

Can they sell generic store brand guns?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

terrorists will perpetrate a mass cumming event upon the free peoples of the heartland

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Cornwind Evil posted:

In all seriousness, this.

9/11 rammed down on every mental weak point so many Americans had: This Doesn't Happen Here, THOSE PEOPLE Can't Harm Us/Have No Right To Harm Us, and I suspect subconsciously in a lot more people that we think, This Is The Chickens Coming Home To Roost. Then after several decades of supposed increasing paranoia and stripping of rights in the name of supposed security, it happens AGAIN? With a nuclear weapon used for the first time on a live target since the Japanese?

First of all, there would almost certainly and very swiftly be all sorts of innocents being murdered, if not outright lynched, if they have anything to do with Middle Eastern and/or Asian people, including being one; even if it was done by white nationalists, that will likely still keep happening. If it WAS someone in the Middle East, I suspect the nuclear taboo being broken would result in the USA turning it into a seething glass parking lot. I suspect if more 'rational' people were in charge, the next elections would send them flying out in exchange for lunatics who would be promising blood, because most of the nation would be howling for it, I suspect: nothing like fresh horror to sweep away lessons learned. And hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the USA then turned isolationist again, turning inward to 'clean' itself, which of course would probably be more stuff in the vein of ethnic cleansing and misplaced revenge killing than actually going after whoever actually did it if it was domestic.

That's the most cynical assessment I can make. I really can't estimate the stupidity because that has proven to be beyond estimation in every aspect. If you told people in 2001 that 9/11 would lead to a man called Barack Hussein Obama becoming President in less than a decade and then after that Donald Trump would be President and do such a bad job he would make half the nation doubt a deadly virus existed even as they died en masse by it, they'd be calling the men in white coats.

I've wondered if another 9/11 would be really effective at disrupting us. I think a lot of us would just be "God, not again!!!" and go on with our lives. I think that the terrorists would have to try something different/bigger if they wanted to really get our attentions. Nuking a city would be effective. But then, so would 20 or 30 simultaneous attacks on small shops. Imagine if a bunch of cities suddenly had a bomb go off in a Starbucks, McDonalds, or the DMV, or something like that. Something reasonably close to home that showed how they could reach and how vulnerable we were would decidedly scare most of us more than hitting something big that is far away from most of us.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It needs to be a spectacle and it needs to go on long enough that half the world is following it live. I don't know that a series of small bombings would cut it for the American imagination. You've already got regular small scale terrorist attacks. The average American already lives with the thought of being killed by random violence every day.

Another thing that's different today than it was is 2001 is the politicization of conspiracy theories.

If there was a major terrorist attack in the US today there would be at least 10% of Americans that full on believe the Deep State (under the Biden crime family) carried it out as a false flag and another 20% of Americans that support that narrative because it helps them politically.

E: oh and also because it'll almost certainly be one of theirs that does it.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
It will break Americas brain in a way their brain has never been broken before.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
the rest of are freedoms will surely be doomed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Joe Exotic Presidency? Sure, a tiger would eat a diplomat or two, but, imo, most "What is this WACKY somehow-famous person became president!?" hypotheticals no longer have the same punch they used to.

I mean, we had that. That happened. We know how it'd go.