Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
In terms of 'Islamic terrorism', how many of the smaller attacks (like the Boston bombing) or attempted attacks in the US (or really any of the west) were carried out by dudes hactually connected to al-Qaeda or IS, actively recruiting people and training them in these camps that the US media used to go on about?

Maybe I'm way off but I get the sense that in Europe it's probably pretty common for attackers to have orders and financing actually come directly from these groups. But most of the attacks Stateside, or even here in Canada or the UK, feel almost like copycats - young, disillusioned and aimless men who are dumb as bricks and definitely influenced by the words of AQ/IS, but not connected to them in any meaningful way. Your classic Four Lions scenario.

Does that make sense, am I way off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU