Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Anyway if another 9/11 level terrorist attack happens in America it will destroy the nation psychologically in a way that it will never recover from. I won't even try to imagine what would happen after because whatever I come up with won't be as stupid or mean as what actually happens.

In all seriousness, this.

9/11 rammed down on every mental weak point so many Americans had: This Doesn't Happen Here, THOSE PEOPLE Can't Harm Us/Have No Right To Harm Us, and I suspect subconsciously in a lot more people that we think, This Is The Chickens Coming Home To Roost. Then after several decades of supposed increasing paranoia and stripping of rights in the name of supposed security, it happens AGAIN? With a nuclear weapon used for the first time on a live target since the Japanese?

First of all, there would almost certainly and very swiftly be all sorts of innocents being murdered, if not outright lynched, if they have anything to do with Middle Eastern and/or Asian people, including being one; even if it was done by white nationalists, that will likely still keep happening. If it WAS someone in the Middle East, I suspect the nuclear taboo being broken would result in the USA turning it into a seething glass parking lot. I suspect if more 'rational' people were in charge, the next elections would send them flying out in exchange for lunatics who would be promising blood, because most of the nation would be howling for it, I suspect: nothing like fresh horror to sweep away lessons learned. And hell, it wouldn't surprise me if the USA then turned isolationist again, turning inward to 'clean' itself, which of course would probably be more stuff in the vein of ethnic cleansing and misplaced revenge killing than actually going after whoever actually did it if it was domestic.

That's the most cynical assessment I can make. I really can't estimate the stupidity because that has proven to be beyond estimation in every aspect. If you told people in 2001 that 9/11 would lead to a man called Barack Hussein Obama becoming President in less than a decade and then after that Donald Trump would be President and do such a bad job he would make half the nation doubt a deadly virus existed even as they died en masse by it, they'd be calling the men in white coats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Thanks for the preliminary feedback, we thank you for the input. We are now starting the second 9/11.

Aw son of a bitch.