Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Infidel Castro posted:

Hey guys, to celebrate another successful year of Trivia, I got the OK to give away some free gang tags!

So if you wanna be a part of the just slap a post in here!

Yes please!

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

If you want to, you can also just come hang out in the music/off-topic channel on IRC and shoot the poo poo with us.

Music crew is good people, can confirm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Gangtags are awesome

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Absolutely hook me up with the CIDERBOYS so I have a permanent reminder that I have Things To Do in April.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

As much as I love trivia, I simply can’t get rid of the Day the Tories Lost Their Marbles, so unless I can have two gang tags at the same time, I will have to hold my trivia love in my heart

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Scientastic posted:

As much as I love trivia, I simply can’t get rid of the Day the Tories Lost Their Marbles, so unless I can have two gang tags at the same time, I will have to hold my trivia love in my heart

Good news, you're allowed to have up to 3!

Dr. Bones
Nov 4, 2005

Private First Class in Blankman's Boot Camp of Goonery

Infidel Castro posted:

Hey guys, to celebrate another successful year of Trivia, I got the OK to give away some free gang tags!

Gang tag me up, El Capitan!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Infidel Castro posted:

I got sidetracked this year by a variety of stuff that I got in way over my head on, but I'll take an aspirational tag to re-earn my place as a CIDERBOY next year? If you can replace the only trust your fist tag, I'd appreciate it!

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

Bout fuckin' time. Tag me up!

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

my cat is norris posted:

Hey, if you were new this year and stuck around, THANK YOU and welcome to the team! I really hope you'll consider coming back next year!! A couple of you really made yourselves known with either great work or great spirits. :shobon:

If you stopped by and left for whatever reason, also let me know if there's anything we can do better to get you to stick around. This isn't everyone's game and we can't do much of anything to change the contest or its format, but if the team can do more or do better, we really really want to try.

I would have loved to try the trivia, but I worked over the weekend and didn't really have the time. Next year.

Trying to find the pictures was fun but I was going mad trying to find that godzilla statue and #27 or #23. Is there a link to see where those pictures came from?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

mallratcal posted:

I would have loved to try the trivia, but I worked over the weekend and didn't really have the time. Next year.

Trying to find the pictures was fun but I was going mad trying to find that godzilla statue and #27 or #23. Is there a link to see where those pictures came from?

Log in to IRC and ask and you can get access to sheets, but we never post stuff like that on SA because it's public.

I stuck around most of the weekend, I didn't really contribute much but that's how it goes when there's google geniuses already in there having the answer before they're done reading the question.

Big thanks again to the hardcore trivial fursuit people, on the ground in Stevens Point and working all year on our tools and such to make everything go well and empower us with trivia energy!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Infidel Castro posted:

HOORAY FOR TRIVIA!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I'd like CIDERBOYS, please.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I wanna be a ciderboy

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
I’d also love 2 B a Ciderboy.

Had a great time during trivia, I finally got the hang of googling fast. Still feel bad about the three-eyed pirate question, but redemption will come next year.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

How am I missing a gang tag.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Cider me up please! The theme this year was a sign that I could finally take part.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Since I don't live close enough to put my money in a log cabin, a CIDERBOYS tag would be awesome.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Infidel Castro posted:

I think there's also some trick to fake a marquee html tag (that caused text to scroll from right to left before it got axed like the blink tag), which allows someone to have more than 3 gangtags - but I don't know how it's done.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Infidel Castro posted:

Cider me up!

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
I would love to steal Ciderboy valor as a reminder to do more than look at pictures and watch part of a movie next year

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I wanna join the cool kids with their fancy cider tags and Wisconsin potato opinions!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Leperflesh posted:

Log in to IRC and ask and you can get access to sheets, but we never post stuff like that on SA because it's public.

I stuck around most of the weekend, I didn't really contribute much but that's how it goes when there's google geniuses already in there having the answer before they're done reading the question.

Big thanks again to the hardcore trivial fursuit people, on the ground in Stevens Point and working all year on our tools and such to make everything go well and empower us with trivia energy!

Note for new people and people who saw this thread but didn't make it to the contest. Everyone is welcome to put in as much or as little effort as they want to the team. If you want to just come chat about Jay Ferguson and Wisconsin weather in the music channel, WELCOME! If you want to help us score more points but think you are too slow at typing to be relevant, a sizable percentage of the effort in this contest is screening and verifying the initial guesses and references and calling attention to promising ones and shutting down wrong ones. We had examples of both: questions we had someone suggest the right answer but we missed it and questions where we thought we had the right answer, but missed a detail. In both cases, one more person just reviewing all the information could have righted the trivia ship for that question, and we were only 1 or 2 of those happenings from getting 2nd for the first time.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

EVIL Gibson posted:

I showed up a bit because I used to attend this a lot way back but there's nothing you could do to stop me from leaving this year.

I kept listening to the radio but that interview with the Avatar of Depression Whomst Gas Will Never Be Paid was just horrendous to listen to.

Fair enough, but know that you're always welcome! Appreciate you at least giving it another shot.

emmetsprogress
Aug 24, 2009
Sadly life got in the way and I couldn't make the weekend. Now I've been reminded of this event existing I'll put the dates in my diary for next year!

KGmeow
Oct 5, 2007

I would like to be a Ciderboy, please!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I'd love a ciderboys tag thanks!

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

How could I not want a Ciderboys tag!?

Paper Clip Death
Feb 4, 2010

A hero in the anals of Trivia.

Infidel Castro posted:

Ciderboys me up!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I had to miss this year due to work poo poo popping up last minute but I'd take the tag since I've been in the last few years.

Also great job guys.

imHitchens
Oct 24, 2012

harlequin macaw

I had a blast and would also love to be branded a ciderboy!

imHitchens fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 18, 2023

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Glad I was able to join this year! This was my second time (first was 2016). I had to juggle parent duties but I joined when I could and mainly just verified answers.

And soooo many hours looking up Galactus images :argh:

audiophileai
Jun 25, 2015

hell yea i would love to get one of those
sorry i wasn't much help but moral support is also important, right?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

CIDERBOYS me, Cap'n!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

audiophileai posted:

hell yea i would love to get one of those
sorry i wasn't much help but moral support is also important, right?

YES

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

freelop posted:

I'd love a ciderboys tag thanks!

Which one would you like me to swap out?

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

I wish I was a ciderboy!

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I wound up not being home basically all weekend and missed participating. Glad to hear we took third, maybe next year I'll actually be home!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

The Redbubble shop has been updated to feature this year's logos on a variety of products:

https://www.redbubble.com/people/ca...tOrder=relevant

I didn't quality check everything, so if there's a product you want but the logo looks kinda jank, just let me know and I can tweak.

:siren: ALL PROCEEDS OF THE REDBUBBLE SHOP ARE DONATED TO THE FRIENDS OF 90FM CHARITABLE FUND. :siren: The Friends of 90FM fund helps pay for WWSP station operations and events, including the annual trivia contest.

You can make a direct donation to the fund here: https://cfcwi.fcsuite.com/erp/donate/create/fund?funit_id=1475

Curly Shuffle
May 31, 2001

Toilet Rascal
Did somebody say free Ciderboys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
I too want to be part of the gang! Thanks IC!