Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Alright, the old daily drawing thread had been going on since 2020, so in an effort to break the forever 20s curse, let's make a new one!

Did you draw or make something today? :justpost:
Is it a work in progress? Don't matter! :justpost:
Do you think it sucks and don't like it? Whatever! :justpost:
Are you still learning and just practising? So is everyone else. :justpost:

If you want to ask for critique or advice, you can also do so here. Again, :justpost:!

Please timg your stuff, and please don't critique unless people ask for it! The poster may already be painfully aware of what's wrong.

Previous thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908678&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 24, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

I'm going to start things off with another DnD party illustration:

We're going to a fancy gala or something next, so everyone has to wear fine clothes. Some evidently are more used to this than others.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Shinmera posted:

I'm going to start things off with another DnD party illustration:

We're going to a fancy gala or something next, so everyone has to wear fine clothes. Some evidently are more used to this than others.

I love the small chickie at the front with her bird friend!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

head empty :justpost:

day 22

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Sketchbook pages from the last couple days:

Highlighters, microns and Posca paint markers. Paint pens absolutely loving rule but I’m a lot more confident blocking shapes with paint than line drawings, which is something I want to work on atm.

Underestimated how complicated skulls are…:cripes:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Crocobile posted:

Sketchbook pages from the last couple days:

Highlighters, microns and Posca paint markers. Paint pens absolutely loving rule but I’m a lot more confident blocking shapes with paint than line drawings, which is something I want to work on atm.

Underestimated how complicated skulls are…:cripes:

Ughhh I love the 1/21 sketch, it's so cool

OK, so some brief E/N: my mom died of a brain tumor when I was 9. Not so cool. Worse was that she was a very talented artist as a teenager, so much so that I have a bunch of her art hung on my walls (then she married my dad and stopped doing art, but that's another story)

I found a bunch of her old (1970s) sketchbooks today! Most are only partially filled, but I think she'd be happy to know I'm picking up where she left off :)

Some mountains

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I've been working on this fun little piece as an alternative to the one I should be doing but is stressing me out

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

One of my resolutions for 2023 is to watch more movies, so here’s last night’s pages with Uncle Birdie and Willa from Night of the Hunter:

…and hands/feet with cats, of course.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

day 23

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

More sketches from Night of the Hunter. I love how delicate and childish Lillian Gish’s features are contrasted with her age and her no-nonsense character in the film. It’s really endearing.

Should kill this sketchbook tomorrow. Will have to figure out a new plan & schedule for getting through the rest of my sketchbooks.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

HopperUK posted:

I love the small chickie at the front with her bird friend!

She's got chickens both IRL and in-game. It's pretty great

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I had a bunch of earbuds in my locker (dunno why) at work after I quit my job and it struck me to do this - immediately pictured the little guy. Had a lot of fun making the colours for the background.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

day 24

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
one of my references is gonna be very obvious to anyone who's seen the reference

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

day 25

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
New day, new doodled dog.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002

I love your style. I wish i could do this. Please continue sharing all of this.

Edit: Your recent work reminded me of my personal favorite work i've ever done (which was just a study of a Jean Metzinger work.)

You:

Me, studying my betters:

I especially love the overwhelming explosion of colors.

IkeTurner fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jan 28, 2023

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

day 26

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

I especially like the bottom-middle painting! Is it Ian Holm in Alien?

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

#1934: Wasn't going to draw today but then ended up making a very quick doodle in bed anyway. Better'n nothin' I guess.

Shinmera fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Jan 30, 2023

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Crocobile posted:

I especially like the bottom-middle painting! Is it Ian Holm in Alien?

It's Ralph Fiennes in hit 2022 film The Menu (now streaming on HBO)

day 27

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

NAG
Jul 13, 2009

Here's a drawing of Gigi Goode I finished earlier this month:

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

day 28

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

IkeTurner posted:

Me, studying my betters:

thank you so much. it's nervewracking posting my work online and really nice to get positive comments. that's a great study, i love the colours and that perfectly evoked pelican - i didn't know about jean metzinger, so thank you for giving me a new artist to explore! cubism is one of my favourite styles (i don't know much about it, but i like it lol) and the associated geometric abstract art that rose around that scene. sonia delaunay is probably my favourite from that era.

here are my two latest.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Great skin tones in this.

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 1, 2023

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

day 29

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I think I'm done with this

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Brawnfire posted:

I think I'm done with this

This turned out really cool :)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Thanks! I had fun with it. Just trying to push the limits of what I can do with watercolors.

a strange fowl
Oct 27, 2022

Brawnfire posted:

Thanks! I had fun with it. Just trying to push the limits of what I can do with watercolors.
i didn't even realise it was watercolour, you've achieved such a vibrant full-bodied finish i assumed it was acrylics. it looks fantastic!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Another art trade with an art buddy. This is her character Mayor Yuri chillin' out.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Some hand attempts today

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

day 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
Y'all are a talented bunch