Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop

Southern Cassowary posted:

and here's the least heinous pose from the gesture drawing session. feel like i'm flailing a bit doing this but every time i do it i feel like i capture more of the pose so it's headed the right direction, i suppose.

Nice! I've also been experimenting with gesture drawing (and just figure sketching more broadly) and have found it really rewarding. I aim to marry my eye and my hand, with as little thought as possible between them. Like a meditative thing almost.

Regardless, I'm stuck as stuck can be these days. Trying to just slop some paint onto paper every night.

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Did some scribbles while waiting at the DMV yesterday

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
Used white crayon for the lettering, couldn't see that the 'layered' Vs were so far apart haha...

I'm drawn to geometric scenes but am scared to commit. I feel like they'll only work if I'm very precise, and I know that I lack both fundamental knowlege and certain technical skills. So I just go super loose instead.

We picked a perfect night to catch a game at the new soccer stadium.