Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
one of my references is gonna be very obvious to anyone who's seen the reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Made these to convince more people to read my favorite fantasy series

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

HopperUK posted:

Legends and Lattes?

Appropriate guess, but it's The Wandering Inn! (thread of a whole bunch of my previous fanart is here https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1632229467258249216?t=Ao3gxkoiyVLt8Ay4_gNUBw&s=19 )

Argue fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 5, 2023

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I would have liked to put more polish on this, but I'm going on vacation in a few hours and want to come back with a clean slate and no unfinished paintings, so I'm declaring this complete.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Fanart of the mysterious child-stealing Bandit, and Professor E. Gadd (Warwick Davis), from Super Mario Bros the Movie 2 (1997).

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

More fanart of characters from Super Mario Bros 2 (1997), the much-maligned sequel to the beloved Bob Hoskins movie.

Wario (Danny Devito) and Waluigi (Joaquin Phoenix) were Koopa's attempts at cloning Mario and Luigi with added dinosaur DNA. They proved to be too uncontrollable but eventually struck out on their own, Wario founding Wario Coliseum, and Waluigi becoming Dinohattan's richest pinball magnate. People battle it out to the death in Wario Coliseum--some are there by choice, but others are forced to compete and are strapped to so-called "warioware" that ensures compliance.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

My Animal Crossing character, a month into Covid

And now with exactly three years of Covid isolation and practice behind me

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Taking a break from fanart of niche English web novels to do fanart of niche Japanese web novels

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I'm still on vacation in Hyrule and am going to be taking a trip to Valisthea right after but I managed to eke out some time to paint a thing
https://twitter.com/cmarguel/status/1670350497260396545

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Didn't expect to have another one so soon, but I gotta fill my art quota for the month within the next few days because FF16 awaits. This one's painted directly from Grafit Studio's Pirate Queen reference pack and was only intended to be a one hour warmup, but I liked how it was coming out and extended all the way to 3 hours.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

guess what game i just finished

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I got it in my head that the best villain in The Wandering Inn should be drawn by Junji Ito, but since the odds of getting him to read it then make art of it are close to zero, I have striven to come as close as my abilities allow

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Haven't worked on a big one in a while; about halfway through I got really frustrated with what I had, and I ended up cutting out more than half the painting (this used to be inside a castle, with a lot of foreground elements) then using those to make a whole other painting that won't take me nearly as long to produce.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

8 years ago vs today

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Been out of the country the last two weeks and did this on my iPad during my free time.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I don't normally share my quick fanart doodles but I liked how this one came out. I call these Tubi Doodles because they're made under the strict time limit of "as long as it takes to finish exactly one dumb-rear end horror film on Tubi".

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Originally, the background and foreground were part of the raven painting a posted a while back, but it wasn't working. Of course, I couldn't stand to let all that work go to waste, so I worked out a whole other subject I could put into the room!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

We Are Not Alone

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Workin overtime to increase my 2023 output before it's too late... who knew that sticking to my comfort zone (portraits in my case) yielded higher quality results

Edit: as requested by someone on Discord, a process video for the latter

Argue fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 24, 2023

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

First one of the year, and probably last one before class starts in March

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

[Parallel Thoughts]

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Haven't touched actual paint in literally years but I wanted to try this Dura-lar stuff people were talking about. It's a fun surface to work on--holds a lot of stuff well (have had good luck with pencil, ink, colored pencil, acrylic, acrylic gouache), lets you erase without wrecking the paper, and doesn't buckle when drenched in paint. This was my first attempt, following the process the Scott Fischer outlined here. It's a translucent sheet and is essentially a matte screen protector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

More adventures in painting on (or more like "under") Dura-lar