Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I am very excited for this.
Dead Space 1 is so good, and although some people seem to disagree, I feel it can stand a remake -- the console versions are locked to 30FPS 720P and feel very dated now, and although you can make the PC version tolerable, it needs quite a bit of tweaking nowadays.

I think Dead Space 2 might be the best of the original trilogy in terms of gameplay, but fundamentally I don't think it had such a coherent sense of atmosphere as 1. Although, I have to rank the section where you return to the Ishimura as being up there among the very best gaming moments I have ever had. The bit where Ellie says "They're pouring into the ship, swarming into the medical deck!" and Isaac is all "Well, good job I don't need to go there." *CLUNK* "Obstruction Detected. Now arriving: Medical Deck." always makes me laugh.

As for 3, I agree with some of the other folks in this thread that it was not a bad game; I've played through it twice now and it's a solidly fun sci-fi shoot-em-up, but it is a bad Dead Space game. The story is poo poo, it has almost zero tension, and it fundamentally does not feel like it is a sequel to the first two. That being said, I cannot avoid having a certain degree of fondness for a game which lets me make a revolver with an underslung revolver, or a weapon which rapidly fires superheated rivets which I can detonate in a burst of electricity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU