Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Haven't been to that part of Spain but google doesn't seem to know of any bus connections from Madrid. I think your plan is a good approach unless someone can just pick you up or something. Even then it would be good to have your own transportation in a village like that in case you want to go on a trip.

Renting a car shouldn't be a problem. If you go with a super cheap company they'll probably try really hard to upsell you on insurance and other crap and then scrutinize every scratch, but a multinational chain will be the same as everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Driving on the other side is definitely weird but something you adjust to very quickly. I think it mainly depends on how comfortable you're driving in big cities at home.You could maybe go to the airport and get a car there, which would put you right on the highway. Or take another train to Segovia.

As for the A6, I dunno, looks fine to me :) Google suggests as an alternative taking M-601 for the last part of the trip, which goes through some hills and looks more pleasant.