Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

picked up Engage today and these first few chaps have blown by. deffo feels quicker to toss you right into the main story than 3H did but im hopin it slows down a bit to give some time to breathe. still fun so far tho, and it's making me consider what FE i'd wanna tackle afterwards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
grats on blowing a few chaps :cheers:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

I got the tude now posted:

Jealous?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

normal wednesday night, really

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I enjoyed the monastery stuff in 3H until the last quarter of the game where it began to feel really stale and I just wanted to get to the battles asap. I am not far in this but it seems to really be moving along faster which is great.

It’s a far better looking game, the colour palette is really nice.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

lol

----------------

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
gameplay is the best it's been in forever. story is a bit whatever but characters are fun. they give you all the most boring people early on so it only goes up

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Can you clean and kiss your 7 year old nieces face in this one

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Complete AIDS free Korean MMO designed characters for discord felons rear end franchise

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Complete AIDS free

that's right :D

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

fire emblem three toilets

----------------

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Complete AIDS free Korean MMO designed characters for discord felons rear end franchise

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fire Namblem

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

----------------

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m still pretty early in the game but I’m really enjoying some of the new gameplay mechanics. I wasn’t sure about the break feature when it was first explained in-game but it’s a neat mechanic that rewards using the right combinations of units to gang up on an enemy. The emblem mechanics as the obvious change seems cool too since you can freely mix and match, like Sigurd’s emblem is clearly kind of meant for cavalry but I gave it to my archer so she has more range to move in and shoot at an enemy and then can fall back to safety afterward.

I’m definitely cringing my way through all the dialogue like I was afraid I would, which is a bummer after how much I loved the setting and characters of Three Houses, but I guess it’s an acceptable trade-off for the new gameplay tweaks.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ths feels like the game they used to distract the perverts that made fates while the other guys worked on three houses

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’m definitely cringing my way through all the dialogue like I was afraid I would, which is a bummer after how much I loved the setting and characters of Three Houses, but I guess it’s an acceptable trade-off for the new gameplay tweaks.

the starting country and its characters (except for one or two) are probably the worst of the bunch in this regard imo. and the later supports are better as expected. mainly this game is a lot more fun to actually play imo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fungah! posted:

ths feels like the game they used to distract the perverts that made fates while the other guys worked on three houses

fire emblem engage is game is about rubbing rings while a sub playstation at home graphics anime coo and make baby noises and animate akwardly. three houses about an adult who lives with middle schoolers.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

fire emblem engage is game is about rubbing rings while a sub playstation at home graphics anime coo and make baby noises and animate akwardly. three houses about an adult who lives with middle schoolers.

I love rubbing round rings in Minecrap

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sleng Teng posted:

the starting country and its characters (except for one or two) are probably the worst of the bunch in this regard imo. and the later supports are better as expected. mainly this game is a lot more fun to actually play imo

Yeah this, the characters get way better as soon as you get to Brodia

this game really exceeded my expectations on the gameplay, it's just so fun to play

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

three houses was my first fire emblem. I like this one more

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

does the nap function have any benefit or is it just wanking material?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

does the nap function have any benefit or is it just wanking material?

you can pass time which is only very rarely relevant (there's at least one thing in the Somniel that's only available at night but it's also not very useful)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

*feeding sour gummi worms to my half-sister* There you go. Need all the Sp.Def. you can get.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*feeding sour gummi worms to my half-sister* There you go. Need all the Sp.Def. you can get.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmao