Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

Nice work. Is there any value to keeping characters in a lower class and leveling them or should you be promoting them right away?

Promote ASAP, there's no drawback. Unlike some previous games there's no EXP penalty for promoting, the game just tracks a unit's internal level for the purpose of EXP and that doesn't change when you promote, and promoted classes have better stats and better growths. Second Seals let you reset your level if you cap out early, too.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

"It looks as though...my path...will end here. My teacher... claim your victory. Strike me down. You must! Even now across this land, people are killing each other. If you do not act now, this conflict...will go on forever. Your path...lies across my grave. It is time for you to find the courage to walk it."

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

"It looks as though...my path...will end here. My teacher... claim your victory. Strike me down. You must! Even now across this land, people are killing each other. If you do not act now, this conflict...will go on forever. Your path...lies across my grave. It is time for you to find the courage to walk it."

- Albert loving Einstein

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

- Albert loving Einstein

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Hizke posted:

- Albert loving Einstein

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I think it is very cool that Edelgard turns into a flesh gundam in the AM route and Dmitri doesn't even comment he just carries on his way

what I'm saying is that Dmitri is the best fe lord we've gotten since hector

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

sometimes I feel like I am cheating using the time crystal to retry when I lose a soldier but I hate letting them die. It’s getting harder as the game goes on, the AI is pretty aggressive at exploiting any weakness

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
it actually feels balanced around the fact you've got rewinds tbh. the enemy gets some little gotcha bullshit moments which would be a bigger dick move if you had to redo the map from scratch. Instead you can just go "haha very funny, game...lets try again and avoid letting that happen"

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah. The nasty tricks the ai can pull on a few select maps are some of my favorite moments in the game and they are probably much more enjoyable for the fact that you get a rewind.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yeah the save scumming is justified when an enemy spawns right behind your wounded unit/healer

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I need to be more aggressive with the time rewind. Like on Chapter 9 I let the enemy get to the north fort and was in a tough situation, I spent like half an hour rewinding and replaying the next turn to finally get an outcome where no one died. I should have just rewound further and played the map differently to prevent them from getting to the fort at all.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Yunaka and Goldmary pulled a nasty lil trick yeah on my dick yeah

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

after a few select maps you better believe the moment I see a staff icon I'm combing over that inventory lol.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hizke posted:

lol.l

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Hizke posted:

it was cruel of them to point and laugh at it ur right

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hizke posted:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hizke posted:

This but it's Rosado and Louis

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

man old FE on the GBA is good. sad I never played them back in the day

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Whichever one it was that was just released as "Fire Emblem" in the states was basically all I played for like a year and a half. Those games kicked rear end.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
that was FE7 and is comin to the switch gba service at some point :worship:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

that was FE7 and is comin to the switch gba service at some point :worship:

man I finally bought a switch like late last year and it's already the best console I've ever owned dang

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

it's crazy how fighting the forces of darkness is a tightly-paced, challenging, balanced encounter, and then when you fight bandits you're fighting for your life as 30 pegasuses teleport inside your rear end in a top hat

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
my favorite bandit is "magic capped sage with bolting", real cool guy

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Psycho Landlord posted:

man I finally bought a switch like late last year and it's already the best console I've ever owned dang

I bought a Switch just to play Three Houses and it was the best decision I made as an adult.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My Switch is my most-used gaming platform by far, I'm pretty sure like 75% of the games I finished last year were played on Switch

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

My Switch is my most-used gaming platform by far, I'm pretty sure like 75% of the games I finished last year were played on Switch

same nd the ones that werent were on vita

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Switch and gamepass, a gamers delight

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Harrow posted:

Yea I built a new PC in 2020 right before graphics cards spiked, and pretty much all I've used it for is to play Witcher 3 on max settings and like ten hours of Crusader Kings

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/miaflippy/status/1632968436367147008?s=20

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

lol

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)