Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’m still pretty early in the game but I’m really enjoying some of the new gameplay mechanics. I wasn’t sure about the break feature when it was first explained in-game but it’s a neat mechanic that rewards using the right combinations of units to gang up on an enemy. The emblem mechanics as the obvious change seems cool too since you can freely mix and match, like Sigurd’s emblem is clearly kind of meant for cavalry but I gave it to my archer so she has more range to move in and shoot at an enemy and then can fall back to safety afterward.

I’m definitely cringing my way through all the dialogue like I was afraid I would, which is a bummer after how much I loved the setting and characters of Three Houses, but I guess it’s an acceptable trade-off for the new gameplay tweaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*feeding sour gummi worms to my half-sister* There you go. Need all the Sp.Def. you can get.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

right arm posted:

Lmfao the ichiban level three apology jump bow :hellyeah:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Just got far enough into the story to realize that this guy actually was talking about a scene in Fire Emblem Engage lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

When I first beat all 4 routes the Golden Deer was my favorite, but looking back on them all at a distance I think it’s probably Azure Moon, once you already know all the lore it’s cool to have a route that just focuses on the personal stories. Dimitri’s arc is cool and I like that all the Lions have preexisting history with each other that you uncover as you go through their supports

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sleng Teng posted:

Did anyone here play the three houses musou? Kinda interested after I’m done playing engage

I did one route and kind of stalled out partway through the second. It’s pretty good. Easily the best of the other recent licensed musou games, there’s more of a strategic element since you have to use the tactical map to issue orders to the officers you aren’t controlling since enemy officers can actually be dangerous and capture bases or kill your guys if you’re not making sure to counter them properly. The story’s a bit of a stinker from what I’ve seen but all the character writing is really good.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

"It looks as though...my path...will end here. My teacher... claim your victory. Strike me down. You must! Even now across this land, people are killing each other. If you do not act now, this conflict...will go on forever. Your path...lies across my grave. It is time for you to find the courage to walk it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/miaflippy/status/1632968436367147008?s=20