Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

I got excited when I saw footage of Mochizuki on Dynamite lol. Danielson vs Mochizuki would have been a better match because it would have just been the Suzuki match but with kicks instead of chops and elbows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
I was able to hold it together until I saw all his old ROH friends crying. I hope Mark was able to get some piece of mind tonight seeing all the love for his brother.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Dimebags Brain posted:

I got excited when I saw footage of Mochizuki on Dynamite lol. Danielson vs Mochizuki would have been a better match because it would have just been the Suzuki match but with kicks instead of chops and elbows.

How dare they tease me like this. I will take Mocchy vs anyone in AEW, I don't care if it's him chopping Cole Karter for half an hour.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Bonk posted:

How dare they tease me like this. I will take Mocchy vs anyone in AEW, I don't care if it's him chopping Cole Karter for half an hour.

Mocchy vs Double J but they're both wearing their 90's oufits

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
EMI SAKURA MADE TV :siren:

THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE I REPEAT NOT A DRILL

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Rarity posted:

I was at the show tonight, and the Hayter/Emi match’s slaps in literal and figurative terms.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

You guys, Soup has a story!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Welp that ending loving got me :cry:

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

Waffleopolis posted:

So when I heard about AEW coming to Lexington, I decided to see if my sister and/or brother-in-law wanted to come and I'll buy the tickets. BIL couldn't due to scheduling, but my sister said sure.

The thing is, she has never been to a wrestling show or watched wrestling in her life. She knows nothing about the angles and stuff from AEW. I did explain a few things, especially the sudden Jay Briscoe tribute match.

Needless to say, she had an absolute blast! She was yelling a lot of the time, she LOVED Ruby Soho as she listened to Rancid, and seeing her reaction to Scissor Me, Daddy rear end was priceless.

Overall, a fun as hell night with my sis. :3:

My girlfriend and I went to her first show recently. She also had a great time and seemed to appreciate it a lot as a ballet dancer. She was a big fan of Willow and FTR bald.

The show was ROH Final Battle. I'm glad we at least got to see the Briscoe brothers wrestle live once. Kinda bittersweet in hindsight. :gbsmith:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The therapist was Tiffany Nieves who has had three AEW Dark matches (one probably airing next Tuesday).

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
HOOK has a little guy tattooed on his sternum. I think that’s new? Didn’t get a good look at it so I’m assuming it’s his hero, Gumby

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
A very good show with a heartbreakingly beautiful ending.

Really excited by all the matches that were announced last night - Hangman/Yuta and Hayter/Emi alone should make for a terrific Rampage, likewise with Danielson/Thatcher and Joe/Darby for next week's Dynamite.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
kinda wild that Wardlow has just been gone since dropping the title, but i guess we know by now TK likes to rotate guys and he had a pretty big establishing run

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

wardlow's world was ratings poison

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1618566386292490241?s=20&t=feT23ex_Ai4n55pSX0l_CA

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
'Permanently' on AEW television better mean he's All Elite

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dang, what even did the Briscoes say that was so bad anyway

*checks*

.... ok that was pretty bad, but between being a wrestling redneck, 10 years passing, and seeming to sincerely make amends, like god drat the hell else can you do after saying dumb poo poo just go live in a cave and die?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
I’m guessing TBS catching a ton of heat for hosting a slapfighting competition hosted by a guy recently caught slapping his wife may have given Tony a bit of leverage.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
a lot of people are allowed to say dumb poo poo and never even have to make amends

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Briscoes apologized and made amends mostly behind the scenes and in private. It sucks because that means they really meant it and it wasn't just a slick PR move or whatever, but it also means that people outside the wrestling bubble have no idea it even happened.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1618594740257132544?s=20&t=WRC8Ad-94AfJ1hJxtajRrQ

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Rarity posted:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iS93bbBtLU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Rarity posted:

Cheered out loud on my computer when that graphic hit.

The Saviour
Feb 19, 2006

Im excited for the grapple fest next week, Timothy Thatcher looks like he was born to be a 40 year old black trunk sleazy grapple bastard. Hes gonna have a great match with Danielson.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

That was a hell of a tribute show. I got teary as well seeing Larry Sweeny

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm not ready to bawl at wrestling yet so I'll hold off on watching that Jay show until later.

Thought it was an okay Dynamite overall. Disappointed that there are apparently no Best Friends on Rampage after not being on Dynamite. Chuck was even on the promo image for the show and didn't get TV time!

I like when the wrestlers have a little conversation with that one huge security guy at the bottom of the ramp on their way to the ring.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I always wondered if those security guards are secretly marking out during matches since they see these people every week or if they're just like "i am here for my job and there is no enjoyment to be gained out of this"

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Not the best Dynamite ever, which still comfortably puts it in the top 8 of wrestling shows aired in the United States in 2023.

But man that loving main event. Great match and I held it together until the end and then just completely lost it. It also humanized Jay Lethal. Can't even imagine the emotions going through their heads. God drat.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
every time someone suggested Jarrett come out and interfere in the main event to solidify his heel status cracked me the gently caress up. Probably because you can very easily see another promotion trying to pull that poo poo. Goddamn, wrestling is wild.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm not ready to bawl at wrestling yet so I'll hold off on watching that Jay show until later.

Thought it was an okay Dynamite overall. Disappointed that there are apparently no Best Friends on Rampage after not being on Dynamite. Chuck was even on the promo image for the show and didn't get TV time!

I like when the wrestlers have a little conversation with that one huge security guy at the bottom of the ramp on their way to the ring.

I spotted Chuck at the end, he was with the rest of the locker room standing at the top of the ramp.

My conspiracy theory is that Chuck is voluntarily taking time off from wrestling. Not sure why but he's a private guy. Hope he comes back.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Shinjobi posted:

every time someone suggested Jarrett come out and interfere in the main event to solidify his heel status cracked me the gently caress up. Probably because you can very easily see another promotion trying to pull that poo poo. Goddamn, wrestling is wild.

i was watching last night's show with a former WWE fan and he mentioned being impressed they weren't going to turn Jay's death into an angle. :l

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Very minor Rampage spoiler (related to the posts above) according to Cagematch, Best Friends have a match

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kennel posted:

Very minor Rampage spoiler (related to the posts above) according to Cagematch, Best Friends have a match

Thanks! I tried finding out the same thing but couldn't find anything in a quick search that didn't include spoilers, and I like to go in spoiler free.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I know some people were theorizing that WB thought the briscoes didn't "Look right" for TV and used Jay's old comments for an easy excuse. I have no idea if that's true or not. But if so, it makes me even more happy that we got the full Mark Briscoe experience last night :D Came out full of adrenaline, looking like a total wild man, missing teeth on full display, did his redneck kung-fu, all of it. If any stuffy suit had a problem with the Briscoe look, they got a face full of that poo poo last night :grin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Kenny finally did it

He became a video game

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1618617528158244866

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rarity posted:

Kenny finally did it

He became a video game

This will be out before Fight Forever, for sure

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

Kenny finally did it

He became a video game

I mean... I was already going to buy Like a Dragon: Ishin on day one but now I'm turbo gonna buy it.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Was there live, lots of grown men crying. Me too! Good show, glad I was there but very tough.

If WWE wants Cage I kinda think he should go. He’s very good but I don’t think he’ll do anything more than this in AEW and he can probably get a very good paycheck and do some poo poo with Lashley or Braun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
LAD: Ishin might be a Day 1 purchase now, if it wasn't already