Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I mean... I was already going to buy Like a Dragon: Ishin on day one but now I'm turbo gonna buy it.

I'm playing Yakuza LAD right now, is this going to be a similar thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

explosivo posted:

Not quite, this is a remaster of a PS4 launch title, set in mid 1800-s Japan and plays like the older Yakuza games.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

explosivo posted:

i have cursory knowledge of all this, but i think the whole series is rebranding as Like a Dragon and that Ishin is an older game being remade and released in the US for the first time

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

I like when the wrestlers have a little conversation with that one huge security guy at the bottom of the ramp on their way to the ring.

hes got a nickname, i forget it, but him and garcia are buddies irl iirc

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

that guy is claudio

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
seeing the Yakuza games feature wrestlers pretty heavily has been a joy of the series. getting to summon Okada and Toru Yano to help take down the Great Muta's construction racket was a lot of fun.

i wonder what kind of substory Kenny will help with

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I want my wrestlers in Farm Sim

Seeing Darby loading honey onto a trailer with a Scheffer telehandler. No, Darby! No Drifting! DO NOT JUMP THAT SHEEP!!!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Kenny's hair is looking luxuuuurious

https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1618610952252833793

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Early-forties Mom returning to work after the kids she had as a teenager are off to college.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Penguin Patrol posted:

i wonder what kind of substory Kenny will help with

Probably beating up a child to get his copy of Ara Q3

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Kennel posted:

Very minor Rampage spoiler (related to the posts above) according to Cagematch, Best Friends have a match

It’s also a very fun match.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kenny immediately nerding out about area of effect and mob spawns I love it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Kenny finally did it

He became a video game

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1618617528158244866

loving YESSSSSS

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i am a big tim thatcher fan and im beyond hype for him vs bryan. hes gonna rip that arm off for mjf :(

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Never too much Kenny in a game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder if Thatch also gets $20K for breaking Bryan's arm or if that was a one time offer.

Come to think of it, what's the rate for partially subluxing someone's rotator cuff? Should Cage get like $2300 dollars?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if Thatch also gets $20K for breaking Bryan's arm or if that was a one time offer.

Come to think of it, what's the rate for partially subluxing someone's rotator cuff? Should Cage get like $2300 dollars?

be a fun little side story for MJF to try and get his money back

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

lol thinking about that made me remember Big Money Matt Hardy promising TH2 increasingly specific sums of money to be his mercenaries in his feud with hangman.

"I've offered Jack Evans exactly 2600 dollars to be my tag partner."

Which in turn reminded me of the contract signing switcheroo segment where Matt literally walked up to the camera so Hangman could swap the contracts and did a Snidely Whiplash aside to the camera explaining he was tricking hangman

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Another great Dynamite in the current run. Every match was quality.
Sammy made me really appreciate Action, they worked super well together. Andretti may be a knock-off Ospreay, but you can be derivative of the best guy going* and still be pretty good.
I laughed when Ex glossed Timothy Thatcher, who i don't know at all, as a latter-day... someone else I have never heard of. But I'm excited to see him and Dragon exchange cool holds, he looked good in a sizzle reel.
I wonder if Joe needed some time off so they gave the belt to Darby for a bit. Joe does have the story of Wardlow hanging over him, whereas Darby is just having good matches.
It's a bit unfortunate Britt couldn't wrestle for whatever reason. A nicely plotted out three-way is better than a distraction finish. But it was good match anyway, just the plot is advanced in a clumsier fashion than would be ideal.
I also found myself tearing up a little at the main event. Really well done tribute match, good to hear the commentary team's thoughts on Jay as his friend and brother fought in a way that honoured his memory.

*by repute, I don't actually watch NJPW

explosivo posted:

I always wondered if those security guards are secretly marking out during matches since they see these people every week or if they're just like "i am here for my job and there is no enjoyment to be gained out of this"

I have never seen a glimmer of excitement that they are ringside. They're pros!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I admit I was swerved twice by my own bugbrain: when Samoa Joe's "darrrrrby" sounded like Miro's voice to me, and when MJF was teasing the next opponent---felt like they'd also bring back the Bryan/Miro match from a year back.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Which in turn reminded me of the contract signing switcheroo segment where Matt literally walked up to the camera so Hangman could swap the contracts and did a Snidely Whiplash aside to the camera explaining he was tricking hangman

This segment was a great argument in favor of being at least a little bit stupid. It was so much fun missing it live and having to watch it back to see the swap. It reminded me of that video they always show in psychology classes with the gorilla walking through in the background.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Update: after consulting the sources and careful consideration: I actually meant to say "A Dan Backslide aside" in the above post. Management apologizes for any harm caused.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

projecthalaxy posted:

lol thinking about that made me remember Big Money Matt Hardy promising TH2 increasingly specific sums of money to be his mercenaries in his feud with hangman.

"I've offered Jack Evans exactly 2600 dollars to be my tag partner."

My favorite thing about that is I was so focused on Hangman I didn't notice until next week Hangman did the switch. And it was clearly on camera so it was a great job of misdirection.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

This will be out before Fight Forever, for sure

Well yeah it comes out in like 3 weeks

explosivo posted:

No, this is a brawler rather than an RPG and it’s set in historical Japan. The main gimmick for the setting is that all the characters are being ‘portrayed’ by characters from the other games.

If you’ve played literally any other Yakuza game except LAD (or dead souls but we don’t talk about dead souls) then it’s closer to that, but old.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 26, 2023

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
I was snivelling all through the main event but I laughed when Riccaboni insisted, multiple times, that everyone grieves in their own ways and this is healthy and Jay would've loved it. He's right but it was still funny.

e: (solemnly, as a man performs a move called a "froggy bow" putting another man through a table) everybody grieves in their own way

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

projecthalaxy posted:

Update: after consulting the sources and careful consideration: I actually meant to say "A Dan Backslide aside" in the above post. Management apologizes for any harm caused.

CURSE THAT MILLENNIAL COWBOY! HE DRIVES ME TO DRINK!

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Suplex Liberace posted:

i am a big tim thatcher fan and im beyond hype for him vs bryan. hes gonna rip that arm off for mjf :(

At the start of MJF's promo I was expecting ZSJ but Thatcher is cool too. Especially as I don't think ZSJ should be jobbing at the moment.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Chinston Wurchill posted:

At the start of MJF's promo I was expecting ZSJ but Thatcher is cool too. Especially as I don't think ZSJ should be jobbing at the moment.

For some reason I got in my head that it was going to be Nigel, especially when MJF hit the "roll the video" line or whatever. I briefly thought we were about to get a Nigel ROH hype package.

But maybe if he's going to show up for what would be an insane wrestling match, it'd better to have it be the last in the run. According to him a few years back, "Just for the record, as some people seem misinformed, I was always ok to wrestle, I never retired because of injuries" and we all know wrestlers always tell the truth about this sort of stuff.

Also, two weeks in a row and still very much loving this version of MJF. I like when he's more serious and a bit deranged. Also, I know it's probably not the inspiration for wearing a black tank top but the black tank top look makes me think of Vince which lends to his shithead character even if it's only in my brain.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Squishy posted:

Sammy made me really appreciate Action, they worked super well together.

they sure did

Sisal Two-Step posted:

I was snivelling all through the main event but I laughed when Riccaboni insisted, multiple times, that everyone grieves in their own ways and this is healthy and Jay would've loved it. He's right but it was still funny.

e: (solemnly, as a man performs a move called a "froggy bow" putting another man through a table) everybody grieves in their own way

https://twitter.com/yixura/status/1618444192962969602

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

ZSJ/Dragon was built as one of the draws for Forbidden Door, no way they're giving away the battle for the Wrestling Observer's best technician award on free TV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I was expecting KENTA because I wanted to see KENTA kicking Bryan's injured arm again.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

That match is gonna be so loving good, a match made just for me

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

ZSJ/Dragon was built as one of the draws for Forbidden Door, no way they're giving away the battle for the Wrestling Observer's best technician award on free TV.

Plus, as much as it's an arguably unnecessary title, Zack is a single champion in NJPW, they're not going to let him lose, even to Danielson, in a singles.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

For some reason I got in my head that it was going to be Nigel, especially when MJF hit the "roll the video" line or whatever. I briefly thought we were about to get a Nigel ROH hype package.

But maybe if he's going to show up for what would be an insane wrestling match, it'd better to have it be the last in the run. According to him a few years back, "Just for the record, as some people seem misinformed, I was always ok to wrestle, I never retired because of injuries" and we all know wrestlers always tell the truth about this sort of stuff.

Also, two weeks in a row and still very much loving this version of MJF. I like when he's more serious and a bit deranged. Also, I know it's probably not the inspiration for wearing a black tank top but the black tank top look makes me think of Vince which lends to his shithead character even if it's only in my brain.

If I get Nigel vs Danielson again I’d be a very happy man.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
AEW is coming to DAZN in a bunch of countries they didn't already have TV deals with.

https://twitter.com/luchalibreonlin/status/1618686871361687552

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I’m not that familiar with DAZN, will this likely have a streaming back catalogue or is this for new airings?

I’m in Canada which isn’t part of this anyways but if it’s better I’d do this with a VPN over our poo poo TSN deal where Rampage doesn’t even get aired live on one of their 5 channels and sometimes doesn’t get out online for days.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Dacap posted:

I’m not that familiar with DAZN, will this likely have a streaming back catalogue or is this for new airings?
At least here in Finland, they have the last three months of TV/YouTube shows up at the moment. According to the site, the shows only stay up for three months as well, which is probably not a problem for most people but I like to revisit weird 2019 Dynamites every so often on Fite so not having unlimited replays on DAZN kinda sucks.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Looking at episodes on DAZN (without signing up), it appears that the episodes get removed after 3 months, which is a big bummer, if true.

e. ^what he said.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Yeah, looks like this still isn’t for the people wanting a full back catalogue. I’d love to revisit some of the first year shows. I’ve gone back to some of the PPVs on FITE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Dacap posted:

I’m in Canada which isn’t part of this anyways but if it’s better I’d do this with a VPN over our poo poo TSN deal where Rampage doesn’t even get aired live on one of their 5 channels and sometimes doesn’t get out online for days.

If you're looking for a reason to VPN for a better AEW experience, Fite is already there and it's wonderful.