Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

It's been a little while since I've done a thread on here but I've just started a blind playthrough of Outer Wilds with my friends. Come enjoy some perfectly normal space exploration with us! :)

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

A goon-written romance visual novel that asks the following questions:

1) What is to be done with your life when you only grew up with war and now face peace?
2) How would you feel if your entire city went on a public rager of a party?
3) Exactly how many cute waifus would you court if everyone wants a piece of everyone else?

The answers to these questions depend on your choices as you read!

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

The Neverhood is a point-and-click adventure game made entirely with claymation. There isn't much in the way of dialogue but there are a lot of puzzles and vibrant locations. There's also a boat load of lore and back story in this game with not a whole lot of dialogue.

One of the lead designers of this game did turn out to harbour some quite controversial opinions but we won't be getting into that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I started a megathread for Minecraft modpacks

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
We're going to mix simulator airplanes from DCS World with military planning, some lore writing with newspapers and photographs, and world war storytelling. Mixing it with flight planning apps, and radar simulator and radio software. It ties into two older LPs we ran, one of 1990 Arab-Israeli War, and the second of a 2008 Georgian War in the Caucasus that sparks this upcoming 2010 conflict. If you like airplanes, join us. If you don't know much, still join us. If you wanna help plan but maybe not fly? Join us. We got planners, mission prep, map making, air battle management, air traffic control. Some goons just write lore and make fake newspapers and intel reports and nothing else, never leaving the thread. Get in! You can even make up a role for yourself! We also have used other games, like certain shooter games to do lore-missions of hostage rescue.

Let's Play: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4042524

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_mCf0mL9IE

If you wish to read a presentable, desktop-friendly website of the same: https://www.airgoons.com/hype/TheLongAfternoonWar.html

Old threads:
What happened in 2008?https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3989829
What happened in1990? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3993395

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's been too long since I LP'd something.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters
Thread is about two weeks old, but I figure I should make this:

Let's Play Fire Emblem Awakening: Lunatic Mode!
Hopefully it doesn't descend into an avatar solo!

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Halloween month? What's scarier than Rules Hell the Card Game?

Come choose what packs I buy and force me to use bad cards of your choice as I tackle a childhood favorite game that uses a very aggressive banlist.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Consensed jRPG mechanics with all the plot filtered out, if that's your thing.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

The Walking Dead series continues with the Michonne mini-series. This takes place between issues 126 and 139 of the comic series and also served as a tie-in between the second and third seasons of The Walking Dead adventure games. As you can probably guess from the title, this series is about Michonne, from The Walking Dead.

TomatoPawah
Sep 22, 2023

Hyahahaha! Failure as a human! Failure as a human!
Why are slimes so fast anyway? Let's play Etrian Odyssey HD Remaster!

The wind doesn't draw heroes, but the town of Etria does. Uncover the misteries of the labyrinth while I slowly go insane by playing a game with damage based around levels!

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's October, so a scary game is just right. Little Nightmares is a very atmospheric puzzle-platformer horror adventure game. We play as a hungry little girl wearing just a yellow rain jacket as she explores The Maw. We as the players get no information about anything, and have to stumble our way through the game. Spooks and spoops abound, and it gets more intense with each episode. So come in for an October special.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Let's play the game that isn't Outer Wilds. (SSLP)

It's only been around for a week so it's still technically new!

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 11, 2023

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

I'm doing a blind run of Jagged Alliance 3! (VLP)

Lets see how badly this can go!

Nyrv
Jun 10, 2010

Let's play Swordflight, a Neverwinter Nights Module that is sometimes brutally difficult and sometimes silly. Feel free to stop by and join a druid and her cute cat companion on their adventure.

I am posting this of my own free will. I have not been threatened with death and destruction should I fail to make this post.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

And now we're on 5

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

In which I play Fire Emblem Awakening with only women.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Let's spend the apocalypse looking for a girlfriend.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Armikrog is a stop-motion point-and-click adventure game and the spiritual successor to The Neverhood. This is my first time playing through this game and even though I've heard that it isn't as good as the original, it still has Michael J. Nelson as the main character.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Got a job for you, 621.

gegi
Aug 3, 2004
Butterfly Girl
An amnesiac protagonist receives an invitation to go to a spooky old castle and receive the mysterious inheritance they don't remember? What could possibly go wrong?

This is a blind SSLP of an indie visual novel and we've already encountered our first corpse. Well, second corpse, if you count our dead grandmother as the first...

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

They made another one of these games. This one's better though.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Callahan's Crosstime Saloon is a graphic adventure game from 1997 and it is based on the Callahan's Place book series. This one starts getting weird pretty early on.

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nope

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 18, 2023

General Revil
Sep 30, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Nov 17, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I'm doing a run of single-player operations in the old Combat Mission engine, showing off combat on the Eastern Front from 1941-45.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

It's Super, It's Wonderous, Most Importantly, It's Co-Op with my best friend.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Let's Play Mass Effect: the Xeno-Poly-Nepo Adventures of Tammy Shepard

I play through Mass Effect Legendary Edition as a xenophobic Shepard who mistrusts aliens and wants as little to do with them as possible. I have some practical mods installed and try to edit out as much stuff that the experienced Mass Effect player might find tedious as possible.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I'm doing a Fate/Samurai Remnant Let's Play with my buddy Coolguye, which is a game about historical characters summoning other historical characters to help them punch one another in the snoot.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

STALKER: Call of Pripyat - Back in the Zone

I return to the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone in this 2010 sequel to the beloved and janky STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. It's got some Major hunks in it. And chunks.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Wind's howling. Let's Play THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT [VLP]

The Outer Worlds was sadly hampered by the LP curse (although I am still planning to get back to it), so let's play a different RPG that is much bigger and much, much longer. This time in video form, because I think an SSLP of Witcher 3 would actually last until the heat death of the universe.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

The galaxy is never at peace. Let's play Super Metroid Romhacks!

An LP 15 years in the making, let me share some some Super Metroid romhacks with you.

mr_stibbons
Aug 18, 2019

Marvel's Midnight Suns

Third time's the charm. Let's play a very underrated superhero game.

mr_stibbons fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 30, 2023

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

We're tackling a language-based puzzler this time, come check it out.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless

Playing a classic SpongeBob game since I need something light and relaxed with all the extremely demanding dark RPGs I've been playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coop52
May 10, 2009

Come watch me play Horizon Forbidden West