Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

misguided rage posted:

Although I did like in e3 where Charlie told the wife about the lie detecting and in every scene afterwards you can tell that she's choosing her words very carefully to be technically true

This is my favourite part, it's like trying to deal with a malicious genie or something. Although it does mean Charlie ends up talking way too much about her suspicions to someone who is very likely to be connected to the case somehow.

Basically, this show is formulaic. Just like Columbo is formulaic. It's not great for binging and a bad fit for contemporary TV, but dosed properly it's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Yannick_B posted:

Before they reveal the model UN stuff, I really thought the episode was going to be Charlie figuring them out but letting them get away with it!

Definitely expected this. Bombing the Model UN is cartoonishly villainous but somehow they managed to sell it.