Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Saw the first episode. Meh. Charlie needs to join the police ASAP. The bumbling around, showing up at people's homes and properties, seeing it in the murderers faces that they want to tell you to go away but cannot, all of that was one of the charms of Columbo.

My advice: change the name from Poker Face to Columba. Make Charlie a cop. Throw in a SO that you never see.

Cannot think of anything else, I'll post more as they come to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

SpaceAceJase posted:

This show is good. Now I've started watching Columbo.

:sickos:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

There are no bad Columbo episodes because Peter Falk is in all of them and you can always find a few scenes that are a delight to watch that fills you with giddy joy. And there's always some new lore being dropped.

Speaking for the "official run". Haven't seen the "new" ones yet. 🫣🫢😁

Maybe I should keep watching Poker Face though. Episode 1 was kinda meh but it sounds like its getting better.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Zenithe posted:

I always assumed that Columbo was just a massive bullshitter.

I'm sure I read that Falk said at some point that Columbo wasn't married and just made up the stuff his wife would say.

The first scene (that i recall) we see his bullshitting from conception is on the cruise ship. The nurse tells him someone is inside the closed room, so when the doctor and nurse are distracted, he goes into the room and claims he didn't know anybody was in here. Before this scene it wasn't always clear how much of him just happening to bump into the murderer was planned or, for example, if he really did fall asleep reading those art books in that guys home.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Do later episodes of Columbo mess with the formula at all? I'm a little surprised how basically every ep has him find the killer basically immediately. Curious if they do an ep where he narrows in on the wrong person for 2/3 of it before finding the right person.

Yeah, Last Salute to the Commodore, which changed the formula from a howcatchem to a whodunit, is the worst. Still good scenes in it though!