Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

misguided rage posted:

There are some really great gags in this, e2: I was rolling my eyes at 'Charlie can't remember the word for something' popping up for the third time in two episodes, but the cut to her playing pictionary with a gaggle of truckers made me laugh]

It's a gag but also just a character quality. Maybe I like it more because I feel like I do that poo poo often in normal conversation, forget the word for a thing and end up describing every link or context for that object instead.

If we're buying she has a preternatural ability to tell the truth, I can easily accept she's a bit fried and will sometimes forget word. Maybe her gift is taking up the neurons in charge of remembering words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
just starting the ep and i was really not expecting them to be in cahoots. I was actually kinda expecting Jameela to be the secret killer all along somehow but maybe that was just wishful thinking to keep her around!

fun episode! The young actress didn't have a contingency blackmail plan. seems like if you threaten blackmail to anyone, you should always have some kind of guarantee the blackmail will be released if they try to stop you or avoid demands, right? Doubly so when blackmailing murderers, surely. Also interesting that Charlie did not catch on that the young actress knew about the murder and was happy to ignore it for money.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Feb 11, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Columbo is great, don't have a bad thing to say about it. However the pacing of it makes it hard for me to focus, and it's an oddly cozy show so even if I put everything aside and try my best to pay attention to one thing I end up getting comfortable and dozing. So while I can see how longer Poker Face eps could be better for it, I appreciate how they manage to pack in these characters and events and then involve Charlie with tighter pacing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The guy who did Indiano Jane's 4?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

It's a shame that he wasn't interested in playing a Man in Black in an X-Files episode when they approached him about it.

They told him how the overarching plot goes and he wisely declined

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i think this is the first paramount show i've recommended to anyone that wasn't the kind of star trek sucker to watch anything no matter how bad

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm not horseless carriage man, but would whatever tricks and traps they put into the car become a problem in process of getting the car to and from the track and in position? Maybe they'll explain it just my first thought at the sabotage scene

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I buy it, they're rivals themselves and this was a way for her to beat his time and get some time on the track since her dad keeps hoggin the car.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Right and I think there will come an episode where she gets duped for a while because some liars are so divorced from reality they believe their own bullshit and expect others to without a thought towards any dissonance with reality.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I don't like how loud race cars are so I can't have any sympathy for the drivers. I would've taken them all out with some banana peels.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
episode is great so far but this shot made me bust up laughing because it looks like the news card of sitcom gag or weekend update or something with it being just a cropped body with a dropshadow and some red splatter over a photo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I loved that ending, the whole crowd gasps are probably a bit much, but that point doesn't matter how they react, she's reaping

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Conclusions posted:

I hope Tuvok was able to take that maquette of his head home with him. That was crazy detailed.

I hope he has a strong text password

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I am pretty clueless about film history and figures but my thought was "oh this must be based on some famous ILM sculptor or something." I actually meant to look it up after but y'all did the legwork now.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The BBQ got offed because his brother killed him and all the other people also died because someone killed them. If she's considered responsible there then Bong Joon-Ho and Netflix are too.

I don't personally want them to lampshade or dwell on it, but aid like her to solve some crimes that aren't murders, or something that isn't really a crime at all just a sucky situation or mystery to crack.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Cops solve less than half of murders and the ones they solve are generally the gimmes, like, not really any question to solve, just procedure to go through. Don't murder anyone you know, they might figure that sort of thing our, but go ahead and murder to your hearts content if it's strangers the cops can't stop ya. Just don't be surprised if you get cancelled if anyone finds out, almost everyone agrees murder is bad.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I petitioned for Quibi length episodes with a hundred cases per season, but y'all want 90 minute episodes with 66% more long scenes of great actors chewing the scenery and saying words and expressing emotions or whatever.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I just say "that's a lie" to everything people say to me because you miss 100% of the accusations you don't make

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
its just the reflection of his screen but the secretary at the hospital looks like he's been eating a lot of Spice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Columbo sucks sometimes. Like this episode with the smugest douche who has a made up accent that only exists in fiction for science douchers. The episode ends and the guy is got and you know he is busted, but they just pan out while the guy let's out an irritating mad im-busted laugh... Which literally gives him the last laugh and robs me of my catharsis.