Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Chairman Capone posted:

Also, from his Wiki entry, lol at the fact that that actor was the third-highest paid TV actor in 2018. It really is crazy how popular Big Bang Theory got.

I saw him and thought "Oh, hey, generic white nerd guy. Don't I know him from like cell phone commercials or something?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Snooze Cruise posted:

Johnny Cash is the best guest star that isn't an actor in any murder mystery show ever, apologies to John Darnielle.

Don't forget the Monk episode where they try to pin the murder on IRL Willie Nelson.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Tim Blake Nelson is the thinking man's clodhopper.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

MokBa posted:

I could listen to Natasha Lyonne and Nick Nolte have a raspy voice contest for hours.

I kept holding out hope that Tom Waits was gonna swing in on a chandelier or something.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

SCheeseman posted:

I know AV Club went to poo poo a long time ago, but it shocked me that the writer for the latest Poker Face review didn't mention Phil Tippett once. How can you work for a pop culture publication and not immediately recognize the connection?

They think it's an 80s horror movie homage, B movies. That doesn't even make sense in the context of the show, where he's depicted working for a ILM analog, very much not B movies.

Anyway the show was great as per usual just lamenting as I used to enjoy reading actual analysis of shows on websites instead of plot summaries written by interns with no knowledge of film history.

Also laying some heavy Ray Harryhausen vibes with the stop-motion Cerberus and the giant Medusa head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
This means they get to incorporate Natasha Lyonne's real life gnarly surgery scar into the character.