Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

SpaceAceJase posted:

This show is good. Now I've started watching Columbo.

I also started doing this but fell asleep immediately after watchin the TV movie pilot because god drat I'm an old person now, 98 minutes is a lot of dang time!! got a lot of meat in each episode to get through, makes me wish the Poker Face episodes were longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

thought this was the least enjoyable episode so far, the premise sounded great and I was enjoying the first few minutes but drat it felt like it took way longer to get to Charlie than normal, and nothing about Charlie's part of the episode hooked me. although I did really appreciate Charlie mic'ing up the wig in the run up to the end

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

started watching Columbo because of this show and drat Columbo rules. the biggest difference between the two so far is what Hand Knit said earlier, we really need more time per episode of Poker Face. give me more Charlie and the random folks interacting, roughly 15-20 more minutes per episode. we didn't see Charlie until the 17th minute of the new episode and the credits started rolling at like 46:00, Columbo would also regularly not show up until the 16th, 17th or whatever minute but then we would still be with him for another 50+ minutes. Charlie's so drat good as a character and I want more

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

SpaceAceJase posted:

Spielberg directed the first Columbo episode.

I've watched the first 5 episodes of season 1 so far. Leslie Nielson appears in episode 5.

Columbowns.

I'm up through e5 of season 2 so far and Columbo is The poo poo basically. if Poker Face got canned after a year, at least it would have brought Columbo into the consciousness of a bunch of 35-and-under minds first

but then you remember it's already renewed for a second season!!!! we get more of this joy

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Peacock still seem to be in the "oh my god we need HOW MUCH content to maintain subscribers???" phase of things, you can let a little hope into your heart for Poker Face

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

that was fun, wish we had some more Keith Owens and also Donna and Katie, but I find myself saying that about every guest star on every episode. Natasha Lyonne directed next week's episode, very excited for that one

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Did blow my mind when an episode ended and "DIRECTED BY STEVEN SPIELBERG" popped up. Good job kiddo.

the sheer amount of "oh poo poo it's that person!" in Columbo (both acting cast and production crew) is great, I'm most of the way through the third season now and it's been a wonderful ride

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the new episode is very cool, every guest star was incredible, thought there were some absolutely beautifully shot moments in there as well. hopefully s2 will have some more directing from Natasha Lyonne

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

it feels like a shot taken directly out of a Columbo episode

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Joseph Gordon Levitt was perfect this whole episode. I always had hoped for Benjamin Bratt to have a big role in this season so having him back for the finale will be great. kind of want the show to go full Columbo if it goes a few more seasons after 2, bring back the coolest guest stars to be a different type of rear end in a top hat

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

withak posted:

I hope they find a way to get Cliff back as the one-eyed villain.

they're going to take from Columbo and Bratt is going to come back as a completely different piece of poo poo, and it's going to rule

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 10, 2023

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Benjamin Bratt stars as Robert Culp in Columbo 2: Poker Face!

hell yes, Joseph Gordon Levitt taking the Patrick McGoohan role, John Hodgman in the role of Bob Dishy, let's fuckin go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

my #s 1/2/10 were very easy, the rest could all move a little, favorite to least:

8: The Orpheus Syndrome
5: Time of the Monkey
9: Escape from poo poo Mountain
3: The Stall
7: The Future of the Sport
10: The Hook
6: Exit Stage Death
1: Dead Man's Hand
4: Rest in Metal
2: The Night Shift

Time of the Monkey maybe takes the top spot without that kid killing twist for the old lady murderers, but every guest star was killing it in Orpheus and they all got time to interact and develop with Charlie *and* Luis Guzman and Cherry Jones was cute as hell folks. I don't think Escape from poo poo Mountain was all that much stronger than anything below it but seeing JGL as an rear end in a top hat was great and Stephanie Hsu and David Castenada were great

The Night Shift was okay the first watch but it didn't hold me at all on a re-watch, Jed was fine as a dirty psycho creeper but I always wanted more of the other side characters and less of him

Aye Doc fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 11, 2023