Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Escobarbarian posted:

The one criticism I have is that I think they should ease up on the “btw Charlie was there the whole time!” thing, I’m somewhat bored of it already.
I love that. You first get the story the way people would remember/tell it, because she's no one to them and they're not going to take any particular notice of her, and then you get the TV perspective where she's the protagonist.

Snooze Cruise posted:

I get why they did it, it feels like its playing off the Columbo thing of him just kinda immediately knowing who the killer is and just making a fun in universe rule for that always happening that can also act as a short cut.... but so far besides that bit with 3 they just haven't used it interestingly.
I really liked the bit in episode two where she realises something's up because Sara and Jed both say that Damian never won anything but only one of them is lying.

Jerusalem posted:

What bugged me about that sequence in particular was that Charlie raced up there after them, presumably to make sure they really grasped how much she had hosed them over to make them pay for what they did to her friend, which was just continuing to put her more in harm's way.
She didn't expect Sterling to kill himself. It all goes fine, with Cliff realising that Sterling is hosed and he's not the boss any more, until Sterling jumps off the balcony. Only then does Cliff decide to kill Charlie. Before that, Cliff's not going to kill her on Sterling's say-so, because he's not the boss any more. And there's no reason for Sterling's father to want her dead, because he's going to be primarily angry at his son for loving up. But with Sterling dead, there's no one to be the target of his father's anger other than Charlie, and both she and Cliff realise that immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Escobarbarian posted:

I loved the true crime buffs excitedly naming poisons

The delayed punchline of the name "Wolfen Skarsgård" appearing on the TV was my favourite thing from this episode.