Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Combed Thunderclap posted:

After seeing Knives Out, Glass Onion, and the first episode of this, I feel like I’ve finally nailed Johnson’s particular sub-subgenre of neonoir: retro pastiche postmodern camp.

You should also watch Brick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I’d also watch Minority Report with monkeys.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Pan Dulce posted:

Also, that agent is TOTALLY coming back. Not only did they cast an actor who loves to come out on tv shows and doesn't mind repeat appearances, but they did the whole, wink nudge, "Call me if you need anything," drivel. He'll be back.

I wonder if the FBI agent will come back, but to arrest her, because someone becomes suspicious that she seemingly leaves a trail of corpses everywhere she goes. I don't really expect that, but it would be a funny twist plus a wink to the various "Jessica Fletcher is actually killing everyone" jokes.

Also, from his Wiki entry, lol at the fact that that actor was the third-highest paid TV actor in 2018. It really is crazy how popular Big Bang Theory got.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I'll be honest and say that I still immediately think of him as his worthless supervillain from Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog. And I was never even a big Whedon fan.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

Johnny Cash is the best guest star that isn't an actor in any murder mystery show ever, apologies to John Darnielle.

It's a shame that he wasn't interested in playing a Man in Black in an X-Files episode when they approached him about it.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Poker Face has reportedly been renewed for a second season. Though given the recent bullshit across so many streaming services, I guess who knows for sure.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Given the fandom culture war take on Johnson after Last Jedi I think it’s really funny that he made a show where Kathleen Kennedy is a murderer, and her victims include Phil Tippit and a Star Trek actor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

The first season was great. The second was serviceable by some measurements for some people, I guess.

Yeah, first season was great and definitely worth watching. Second season, I’ll say that I appreciate she decided to try something new, but really didn’t land for me.