Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ishamael posted:

Also, like every murder mystery show, the sheer number of murders this woman runs into is astounding! Don't hang out with her, or visit Cabot Cove, or go to Santa Barbara to visit Shawn and Gus. The murders are everywhere!
In episodes 3 and 4 the murders are actually the result of her friendship with the victim - showing George Okja and making him go vegan ("I only saw the first half, but it's really cute!") and convincing Ruby to let Gavin hang out with the band (leading to him revealing his hit "Benson" cover.) She really is dangerous!

DoctorWhat posted:

It was kind of annoying and distracting, honestly. There's a long history of media taking left-wing agitators against the status quo and hot-gluing insanely murderous acts or intent to them, mostly in the form of baby-killing, in order to make them Evil Hypocrites in a way that has nothing to do with the actual ideologies their villains are inspired by.
I can understand the annoyance, but murderous hippies were such a trope in the '70s detective shows that inspired "Poker Face," so it works as a satirical homage.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

The guy in episode two looks like a younger thinner Jack black and it’s freaking me out. Some of his facial expressions and the way he would roll his eyes when huffing and puffing are uncanny jables. Funny stuff
Yeah, he definitely reminded me of JB.

The last actor to remind me so much of him was Troy Gentile, who plays Barry on the Goldbergs - and then I found out that he played young Jack Black in both Tenacious D and Nacho Libre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It woulda been way too easy for Peacock to brand this show as a Columbo reboot and we should applaud them for not doing so.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was probably my favorite episode so far besides the BBQ one. (Hippie terrorists are up there too.) Nolte is such a phenomenal actor.

It seems like lies are starting to have a greater effect on Charlie as time goes on. First she starts reflexively saying "bullshit," then she starts to kind of melt down from the rampant BS at the barbershop, and then she starts twitching. Wonder if it will lead to something plot-wise.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Call me crazy but what if this show has even more magical realism than we thought, and Charlie's superpower is actually more complicated than "can tell truth from lies," and involves some form of immortality as well as causing people she comes across to die?

Not likely but makes u think

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Khanstant posted:

I just say "that's a lie" to everything people say to me because you miss 100% of the accusations you don't make

That's a lie.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Alan Smithee posted:

NGL sucks having Ron killed off so soon since it would have been fun having them around. An entire episode? Half a season? You bet

I was kind of hoping he would hire Charlie to work for him as a PI or something but resetting to baseline, with Hasp taking Sterling's place was probably a better resolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Even though it didn't work out this season it would be fun if Charlie did get a big pool of money at some point, so we can see how she lives when she's blowing through mountains of cash like she was before Sterling ringed her. Or it could be done with flashbacks.