Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

AndrewP posted:

Loved how naturally Charlie sank into the retiree culture, rocking the wrap-around sunglasses and cardigans.

One of my favourite details was the entirely unnecessary flipping of the sunglasses. It might have been a directorial thing but I like to imagine Charlie just likes doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Yeah that was a really fun episode.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Natasha Columbo

IN

MS COLOMBO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Columbo

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

God Hole posted:

was there ever an episode of Columbo where the culprit was just genuinely impressed at the sheer intelligence and tenacity on display and then like a defeated samurai resigned themselves to their fate out of tremendous respect for a worthy adversary

Haven't even seen that many but yeah this happens a bunch

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

That second pass at the story for episode 7, hooooly poo poo that's how you do it.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Feb 16, 2023

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Lpzie posted:

And there's always some new lore being dropped.

I always assumed that Columbo was just a massive bullshitter.

I'm sure I read that Falk said at some point that Columbo wasn't married and just made up the stuff his wife would say.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Man that was a great performance. I saw his name in the opening titles and it really wasn't what I would have expected.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

LesterGroans posted:

I appreciate the restraint of her not saying "one more thing".

I reckon a season finale they will do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Chamale posted:

I assumed she somehow blocked it with the ankle monitor and faked being stabbed. I went back and watched it in slow-motion; she grabs the ankle monitor and stuffs it under her jacket a millisecond before he stabs her.

This was a great episode, I love how quickly they established JGL's character. I was hoping he'd be the one getting murdered.

That makes more sense, I thought it would be the one time she had her wallet NOT stolen and that was how she survived, but then that clearly wasn't true